Page 16 of 123 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

More Namor introduction movie rumors here

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I think it is a huge leap to say this kid is going to be Namor. I don't think Namor would ever have said or thought his dad was killed by sea monsters, since he never met his dad while growing up and he'd hardly call his own people sea monsters. Now, to say it might introduce the Atlanteans, okay, maybe. But I think it is far more likely that the "sea monsters" in question are the Deviants.

All that said, it is nice to see people wanting to see Namor in the MCU. It's always good to get his name out there in front of Feige and company.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree. There has to be some talk about Namor around the boss, esp someone who might have ideas about a treatment. It's just a shame that he couldn't have been added as an Easter Egg to Captain America: the First Avengers. I mean, there Cap was in the ice at the end of the movie. Even if we never saw them as fellow Invaders, they could have had Namor play a part in finding him in the wreckage. But Marvel still had to get those rights back before anything could be done. I wonder if they could have just gotten away with a shadow or just show some winged feet?

It certainly is a stretch, it seems like every time there's a mention of the sea or ocean stuff it has everyone saying its gonna be Namor.

A question for the board; When exactly did Marvel stop using Prince Namor and going by King Namor?

I seem to recall this happening around the Dark Reign era/X-Men but wasn't sure when the first time Namor was addressed as a King rather than a Prince in the comics. Also I always seem to prefer Prince Namor over King Namor but I guess Marvel wanted to upgrade his status to compete with Aquaman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It certainly is a stretch, it seems like every time there's a mention of the sea or ocean stuff it has everyone saying its gonna be Namor.

A question for the board; When exactly did Marvel stop using Prince Namor and going by King Namor?

I seem to recall this happening around the Dark Reign era/X-Men but wasn't sure when the first time Namor was addressed as a King rather than a Prince in the comics. Also I always seem to prefer Prince Namor over King Namor but I guess Marvel wanted to upgrade his status to compete with Aquaman?
    A puddle splashes "Namor confirmed"

It's not like having a Prince be the head title isn't unheard of in both reality and fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    It's not like having a Prince be the head title isn't unheard of in both reality and fiction.
    This is true. It could be the Principality of Atlantis. It doesn't have to mean son of a king or 'king in waiting.'

I'm pretty sure the title of king came from Matt Fraction -- which would have been the X-Men era. I'm not sure WHY, because I also prefer Prince Namor to King Namor. I loved the explanation given in the letters page that Namor was a prince, because Neptune was the king.

IF they wanted to 'upgrade' the title, it should have been Emperor. Like Emperor Tha-Korr.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    A puddle splashes "Namor confirmed"

LMAO. And yeah I agree, being a prince doesn't make him less of a ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This is true. It could be the Principality of Atlantis. It doesn't have to mean son of a king or 'king in waiting.'

I'm pretty sure the title of king came from Matt Fraction -- which would have been the X-Men era. I'm not sure WHY, because I also prefer Prince Namor to King Namor. I loved the explanation given in the letters page that Namor was a prince, because Neptune was the king.

IF they wanted to 'upgrade' the title, it should have been Emperor. Like Emperor Tha-Korr.
    I enjoyed that letter page as well. From The Sub-Mariner (1968) #21, and yeah it's like Namor was already the ruler, he didn't need to change it to king. I would feel better about it if like Marvel actually cared and put in a story about Namor taking on the King title, like some kind of short comic or one shot.

Namor has so many titles at this point, lol. He is called Emperor of the Deep but like that's more like Supreme Commander of the Undersea Legions, its not something he is referred to constantly, thought I agree Rev it would have a cooler ring to it than King.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Donny Cates hints at an upcoming Namor project on Twitter!!!!

https://twitter.com/doncates/status/...296458752?s=21

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m super excited about Cates being involved with Namor, since he’s Marvel’s new golden boy, but after their stint on Black Bolt, I’d love to see what Saladin and Ward could do with Namor, Atlantis, and his world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Donny Cates hints at an upcoming Namor project on Twitter!!!!

https://twitter.com/doncates/status/...296458752?s=21

Hmmmm. That would be a pretty big hint for Namor, though it could be something less obvious. It's a great gif of jumping into the unknown / horrifying, that could apply to any number of things. BTW, I love that gif.

I really haven't read much of anything by Cates, so I'm not sure about him writing Namor. From a purely practical POV, it would be great publicity for the character. I'm just not sure he gets Namor.

IF true, what's more significant is what it says about Marvel editorial's stance on Namor. You don't put a big name, expensive writer on a Namor book, unless there's an editorial push for the character, i.e. major MCU appearance.

Alternatively, perhaps Cates likes the character and asked for a Namor book? I've never seen any such admission, or seen him use the character, so can't say if that's the case or not.

I'm not sure about Cates writing Namor, his writing doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence in how Namor and his supporting cast will be treated, but that's just personal preference since he isn't a fave writer. But I guess it's a wait and see.

In Tarot news, I love the comic even though Namor doesn't get a lot of speaking lines until the end of the issue, but then again not alot of other characters did either since most of them were enslaved. Also can we please get Namor back in the speedo Marvel, look at how good he looks!

I'm not sure about Cates writing Namor, his writing doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence in how Namor and his supporting cast will be treated, but that's just personal preference since he isn't a fave writer. But I guess it's a wait and see.
    That's my reservation also. I think the only thing I've read by Cates is some of his Doctor Strange stuff. It was okay, and certainly better than the Aaron stuff before, but it didn't grab me, like alot of his 90s influenced stuff seems to have grabbed the greater comic buying public.

However, I do think it would be good for the character, as far as getting a push and introduced to people who don't care for Namor.

In Tarot news, I love the comic even though Namor doesn't get a lot of speaking lines until the end of the issue, but then again not alot of other characters did either since most of them were enslaved. Also can we please get Namor back in the speedo Marvel, look at how good he looks!

Agreed 1000%! Bring back the speedo!

This looks wonderful. I love Namor with that slicked back cap of hair. He looks great! Can't wait to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m super excited about Cates being involved with Namor, since he’s Marvel’s new golden boy, but after their stint on Black Bolt, I’d love to see what Saladin and Ward could do with Namor, Atlantis, and his world.
    Oh, you mean like this?

https://twitter.com/cjwardart/status/951566189750300672

From TWO years ago, when Heather Antos and Dennis Hopeless were talking about wanting to do a Namor horror book. It inspired Christian Ward to do this amazingly gorgeous picture. So, yeah, SIGN ME UP!

I really don't know what's wrong with Marvel editorial. I'd have LOVED to have that team on a Namor ongoing. Or even a 12 issue mini-series. Dennis Hopeless is a Namor fan, and he uses the character when he can. He even dug deep and used Pirate Namor for a Spider-Woman story.

I haven't read Black Bolt, but I heard it was awesome. It's definitely on my list to read. He's also done some reading on Namor, and we got his Hippie Namor in his Exiles run. I could definitely get behind him and Christian Ward on a Namor book.

Mighty Member

Only Namor would look happy and looking as if he is looking forward to tussle with the Hulk. Does anyone knows where is this artwork from?

Looking forward to reading Tarot 2 which I've been getting digital only. Probably should be getting the physical version.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Only Namor would look happy and looking as if he is looking forward to tussle with the Hulk. Does anyone knows where is this artwork from?

Looking forward to reading Tarot 2 which I've been getting digital only. Probably should be getting the physical version.

No, I do not know where this is from, but it looks mid-70's and very good artwork.

Namor did always seem to enjoy his battles, be it with Hulk, Thing or Thor.