Page 31 of 123 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    So i saw this image on twitter today

Attachment 93855

And i was talking with some people in the My Marvelous Year slack about how i like the image but don't like the triangle head. And i brought up Carl Pfeufer and his art in the 1940s.

Someone there commented and said they like super triangle head Namor. and they pictured Reed trying to make himself look more like Namor to win Sue back on one of her runaway affairs. He drew this on the fly.

Attachment 93856

Had me laughing good.
    OMG. Poor Reed. That head! LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

From twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Penagos@AgentM
    Avengers #32 includes Namor riding giant sea turtles; Coulson & the devil; Iron Man calling Thor "All-Daddy"; and more. V good comic you should read when it comes out in a a few weeks.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Roy Thomas, Gary Friedrich, and Bill Everett shared an apartment on the second floor of this building at 177 Bleeker Street in Greenwich Village in the 1960s. Thomas wrote a significant fraction of the Doctor Strange stories, including the entire run of stories in #169-183 in 1968 and 1969 and continuing with the character for a few decades. He placed Doctor Strange's townhouse and his Sanctum Sanctorum at the apartment's address. Everett was an artist on Doctor Strange, the co-creator of Daredevil, and the creator of Sub-Mariner.
    The real 177 Bleeker Street.

https://cromwell-intl.com/travel/usa...k-marvel/?s=tb

I had no idea that this is where Doctor Strange's address came from!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There's no reason for Namor and T'challa to be friends, and they were never on a team together, for any time.
    Actually during the late 80's, they were together on the Avengers:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_305

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_306

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_307

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_308

However, they didn't really interact (unless you count Namor's concern for T'Challa after he became unconscious from the excessive heat).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-29-2020 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I was wondering, in addition to Steve, and Jim who else would Namor consider an friend? I mean as an actual friend not just a "I kinda like you/respect you so we are cool" friend. I was reading Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #4 the other week and it mentions Namor and Adam being friends and like, that was the only comic I could even think of that says that about them unless I'm missing something? I really prefer characters building up friendships over the years and it being more organic than just "by the way we are friends"

To me, Namor doesn't have a lot of close friends especially close male friends, he has people he is friendly with aka "he will mostly respect their opinions and allow them to speak to him". The only people who actually make Namor laugh or he is less guarded around is Steve and Jim, they both have a lot of history with Namor that spans decades, and though they butt heads from time to time they still are friends.

As for T'challa and Namor, they never had anything that wasn't imo more than other characters Namor was friendly with, like Namor and Hercules butted heads but they worked together, doesn't mean they will decide to hang out or get a coffee as friends, same applies to T'challa before the AvX event. They spoke on okay terms but weren't huge friends even though Namor gave T'challa and Ororo an island as a wedding gift/honeymoon destination. Triton was another person Namor called friend once iirc, but even they weren't close. Bruce Banner/Hulk is a person Namor sympathizes with and understands even when they fight.

I was thinking of compiling a list of characters Namor is actually friends with, off the top of my head I would put:

- Betty Dean
    - Jim Hammond
    - Steve Rogers
    - Diane Arliss (I do think of her and Namor as friends even though they have not been on panel together for ages)
    - Bucky and Toro

Who would you all add?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I was wondering, in addition to Steve, and Jim who else would Namor consider an friend? I mean as an actual friend not just a "I kinda like you/respect you so we are cool" friend. I was reading Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #4 the other week and it mentions Namor and Adam being friends and like, that was the only comic I could even think of that says that about them unless I'm missing something? I really prefer characters building up friendships over the years and it being more organic than just "by the way we are friends"

To me, Namor doesn't have a lot of close friends especially close male friends, he has people he is friendly with aka "he will mostly respect their opinions and allow them to speak to him". The only people who actually make Namor laugh or he is less guarded around is Steve and Jim, they both have a lot of history with Namor that spans decades, and though they butt heads from time to time they still are friends.

As for T'challa and Namor, they never had anything that wasn't imo more than other characters Namor was friendly with, like Namor and Hercules butted heads but they worked together, doesn't mean they will decide to hang out or get a coffee as friends, same applies to T'challa before the AvX event. They spoke on okay terms but weren't huge friends even though Namor gave T'challa and Ororo an island as a wedding gift/honeymoon destination. Triton was another person Namor called friend once iirc, but even they weren't close. Bruce Banner/Hulk is a person Namor sympathizes with and understands even when they fight.

I was thinking of compiling a list of characters Namor is actually friends with, off the top of my head I would put:

- Betty Dean
    - Jim Hammond
    - Steve Rogers
    - Diane Arliss (I do think of her and Namor as friends even though they have not been on panel together for ages)
    - Bucky and Toro

Who would you all add?
    I would count Triton among his friends, Atlantis was considered a second home to him.

What about Marrina Smallwood?

From twitter

I love this.

The real 177 Bleeker Street.

https://cromwell-intl.com/travel/usa...k-marvel/?s=tb

I had no idea that this is where Doctor Strange's address came from!
    I read this on Twitter and it was very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I would count Triton among his friends, Atlantis was considered a second home to him.

What about Marrina Smallwood?
    I always feel Marrina as leaning towards more romantic than friendship relationship, like with Betty, she and Namor were friends and there was a romantic stuff too but she was Namor's first surface world friend. Idk, like I would say Dorma and Marrina were more romantic leaning than friendship leaning. But I agree with Triton being added to the list.

- Betty Dean
    - Jim Hammond
    - Steve Rogers
    - Bucky and Toro

Who would you all add?
    I would also add Caleb & Carrie Alexander.

Namor's friend list:

- Betty Dean
    - Jim Hammond
    - Steve Rogers
    - Bucky Barnes
    - Toro Raymond
    - Triton
    - Carrie Alexander
    - Caleb Alexander
    - Vashti

Added Vashti because he definitely is Namor's friend.

Any one else wish to add?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

But I agree with Triton being added to the list.
    You think Namor would be supportive if a resurrected/revived Triton established an independent Inhuman amphibious+aquatic kingdom on the site of the old island of Attilan? I'd love to see that.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You think Namor would be supportive if a resurrected/revived Triton established an independent Inhuman amphibious+aquatic kingdom on the site of the old island of Attilan? I'd love to see that.
    I'm not sure if Namor would have an issue, iirc the Hydro-men who were created from humans to be aquatic were not accepted by the Atlantean people, but Namor didn't seem to not accept them and only voiced his concern that his people would not accept them. I feel there's a lot to be explored between the different people under the waves from Atlanteans, to Lemurians, and also Attuma's Trench tribe which feels like a branch of Atlanteans.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Actually during the late 80's, they were together on the Avengers:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_305

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_306

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_307

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_308

However, they didn't really interact (unless you count Namor's concern for T'Challa after he became unconscious from the excessive heat).
    I completely forgot about those issues. I guess I'll have to go read them again ... oh wait ... John Byrne.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wasn't the old island of Attilan supposed to be the site of Atlantis?

IIRC, that's what Atlantis Rising was about. You had the Inhumans claiming Atlantis and Morgan le Fay. And part of Jenkins and Jae Lee's Inhumans was about sinking Attilan and Namor getting Atlantis back.

The Inhumans and Atlantis stuff is bothersome. Another byproduct of Marvel never really hammering out the world of Namor and their Atlantis mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    The Inhumans and Atlantis stuff is bothersome. Another byproduct of Marvel never really hammering out the world of Namor and their Atlantis mythos.
    It wasn't just Attilan. Morgan Le Fay claimed Atlantis was Avalon???

And of course, we have all the REH stuff.