Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    As much as I like the idea of an Ororo / Namor pairing you have a point there with the "homewrecker" label and bringing possible conflict with Black Panther that in the end simply makes Namor look bad and possibly even loose Ororo as a writer may decide to simply fix the couple.
    That's pretty much where my mind went because I feel like even though Namor/Ororo might work well as a couple with their personalities I just feel like it's just gonna be another excuse for a love triangle plot in the future and Namor never comes out of those without that label. I get very tired of Namor being used for other couples drama/conflict.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Ahhh I'm in love, I really love it when statues have him in his iconic look. This looks wonderful.
    I agree. Though we haven't gotten any Phoenix Five costume statue.

I'd love to see a Jae Lee inspired Namor statue.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

That statue's assets are certainly something Seriously though, the attention to detail is on point and I'd love to have this on my shelf.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Mighty Member

That's pretty much where my mind went because I feel like even though Namor/Ororo might work well as a couple with their personalities I just feel like it's just gonna be another excuse for a love triangle plot in the future and Namor never comes out of those without that label. I get very tired of Namor being used for other couples drama/conflict.
    Until finally we get a true fan of Namor writing the character with great love, knowledge and respect for his history and get certain Lady Dorma resurrected! I'm always a fan of the original love interest, even though Betty Dean came first it was Lady Dorma the one with the longest romantic history. And that issue 36 of Sub-mariner was just too bittersweet, to finally get to that wedding just to see the character die.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Next week! Can't wait.

Though, I have to wonder about the article writer.

Seriously? Namor's a heel for taking action because surface people keep invading Atlantis and stealing from them ... again? At least Greg Pak is showing WHY Namor is attacking.

The conclusion of the first Atlantis Attacks sets up Namor nicely for his second ongoing series with Byrne. Lets hope Marvel uses this second Atlantis Attacks for the same!!!

Until finally we get a true fan of Namor writing the character with great love, knowledge and respect for his history and get certain Lady Dorma resurrected! I'm always a fan of the original love interest, even though Betty Dean came first it was Lady Dorma the one with the longest romantic history. And that issue 36 of Sub-mariner was just too bittersweet, to finally get to that wedding just to see the character die.

I miss Dorma so much, it's unfair so many other characters get resurrected but not her in the 616. Maybe someday if we ever get a Namor movie we might get her back and a solo to go with it.

So I commissioned another Namor art from the artist who did the portrait before, I love their style so much! I really love this one and it's inspired by certain painting .

Mighty Member

So I commissioned another Namor art from the artist who did the portrait before, I love their style so much! I really love this one and it's inspired by certain painting .

Wow, nice work by the artist, he got everything well researched too, even the trident! Very professional job, congratulations!

Wow, nice work by the artist, he got everything well researched too, even the trident! Very professional job, congratulations!
    Thank you!

Mighty Member

From the John Buscema fan group in facebook, Joe Jusko posted this:

‎Joe Jusko‎ to The Artistry of John Buscema
    January 18 at 12:22 PM ·
    SUB-MARINER #1

The original cover by Buscema/Brodsky and a recreation where the buyer asked John to ink the figures as he would.

Some years back the recreation came up for auction and I was bidding on it against a bunch of art I had put in the same auction expressly to get this piece, so it was more of a trade than a purchase. I was positive I’d win it at 5 or 6K as I was playing with house money, so to speak. And, it was a recreation.

I dropped out at 15K!!!! I have no idea who the hell wanted this more than I did but I couldn’t believe that I kept getting outbid! At least I made him pay for it. lol

If he’s reading this-��

It’s a gorgeous oversized recreation that I’m still sad I didn’t get.

From the John Buscema fan group in facebook, Joe Jusko posted this:

‎Joe Jusko‎ to The Artistry of John Buscema
    January 18 at 12:22 PM ·
    SUB-MARINER #1

The original cover by Buscema/Brodsky and a recreation where the buyer asked John to ink the figures as he would.

Some years back the recreation came up for auction and I was bidding on it against a bunch of art I had put in the same auction expressly to get this piece, so it was more of a trade than a purchase. I was positive I’d win it at 5 or 6K as I was playing with house money, so to speak. And, it was a recreation.

I dropped out at 15K!!!! I have no idea who the hell wanted this more than I did but I couldn’t believe that I kept getting outbid! At least I made him pay for it. lol

If he’s reading this-��

It’s a gorgeous oversized recreation that I’m still sad I didn’t get.

that is a gorgeous piece, but oh my that's far too rich for my blood! Whoever got it was very determined (and rich!)!

Mighty Member

that is a gorgeous piece, but oh my that's far too rich for my blood! Whoever got it was very determined (and rich!)!
    Indeed. Joe Jusko was willing to pay a lot of money. He did a nice recreation of that image a couple years ago too.

Mighty Member

From Alex Ross "Marvelocity", one of my favorite depictions of Namor has to be Alex Ross. Here's some early pencil drawing and excerpt of one of his interviews talking about Namor.

I love Ross too, what a great artist, I really need to get that book, just for the Namor stuff, I love the Iron Man vs Namor art he did.

And I always love it when any artist recreates that iconic art from the silver age run.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    That statue's assets are certainly something Seriously though, the attention to detail is on point and I'd love to have this on my shelf.
    Whatever do you mean? LOL!

I agree. Between the detail and the pose and the spirit of the piece, I'd love to have it. But I think this was another commission, so I don't think it is available generally.

You know, Sideshow did a Dark X-Men diorama, so I'm really surprised they haven't done a Phoenix Five diorama. I would think that would be much more popular.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?