Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

lol, a smiling namor is a rare sight

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Surprise appearance of Namor, or an alternate Namor -- or at least, it looks like it. The zombie virus is going to Atlantis. Yay. Yes, I'm sure that means Atlantis, or more precisely an alternate Atlantis, will be destroyed again. I think this will be out next Wednesday.

I do not read Zombie stuff but I will to catch a glimpse of Namor, lol. Also the uncolored art looks good too

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    lol, a smiling namor is a rare sight

I do not read Zombie stuff but I will to catch a glimpse of Namor, lol. Also the uncolored art looks good too

Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for posting this IW, its always nice to see the original pen or pencils, I specially like to see Alex Ross pencils which are always so different and dynamic.

Weird, no ankle wings?...

Comixology is having a Namor sale! Go get those comics!

I did get the first three masterworks when that had that weird sale two years ago and they were $1 each.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Holy cow! I don't think I've ever seen a Namor comixology sale. How awesome! I guess we have Mr. Busiek to thank for this.

And yes! I'm GO!! for seeing what I'm missing. Thank you for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I did get the first three masterworks when that had that weird sale two years ago and they were $1 each.
    I did pick up some Golden Age Subby Masterworks, and maybe a Defenders, but I don't recall getting the Silver Age ones, which, of course, are the BEST! Of course, they were on the Kindle, so they didn't have the zoom or panel by panel feature ... though, I wonder if they transferred to my Comixology account? Will have to check.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Holy cow! I don't think I've ever seen a Namor comixology sale. How awesome! I guess we have Mr. Busiek to thank for this.

And yes! I'm GO!! for seeing what I'm missing. Thank you for letting us know.

I did pick up some Golden Age Subby Masterworks, and maybe a Defenders, but I don't recall getting the Silver Age ones, which, of course, are the BEST! Of course, they were on the Kindle, so they didn't have the zoom or panel by panel feature ... though, I wonder if they transferred to my Comixology account? Will have to check.
    I'm hoping that this sale, and the upcoming mini might mean Marvel is finally considering giving Namor an ongoing, which would be so amazing!

I'm hoping that this sale, and the upcoming mini might mean Marvel is finally considering giving Namor an ongoing, which would be so amazing!
    It would be awesome if we could get an ongoing, even if it did spin out of an event, yet again. We've gotten some appearances this year, but other than Atlantis Attacks, I can't think of anything that would offer a status quo change to inspire a new ongoing.

Yes, I've given up entirely on Aaron's Avengers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A fun piece from a British (I believe) artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Stringer
    Here's a bit of Friday fun. Fifteen years ago I did this illustration for charity. Not sure who has the original art now but it's still one of my personal favourites.

https://twitter.com/lewstringer/stat...188506629?s=20

Of course, he clearly hasn't seen this Spider-Man comic. ;p

I'm not sure if this is a variant cover for Atlantis Attacks 4 or 5 .... but I'm guessing it is for 4. Haven't seen it on any sites, but the artist Carlo Pagulayan posted it on his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFbZPzh..._web_copy_link

A fun piece from a British (I believe) artist.

https://twitter.com/lewstringer/stat...188506629?s=20

Of course, he clearly hasn't seen this Spider-Man comic. ;p

LMAO. this is hilarious

It would be awesome if we could get an ongoing, even if it did spin out of an event, yet again. We've gotten some appearances this year, but other than Atlantis Attacks, I can't think of anything that would offer a status quo change to inspire a new ongoing.

Yes, I've given up entirely on Aaron's Avengers.
    I guess its just a wait and see, I'm hoping if the mini sales are good it inspires Marvel to put some faith in another book. Aaron's writing is not my cup of tea and I will be reading the upcoming Namor issues just so I can rant about how much I hate Namor being used for this stupid plot. >:/

I'm not sure if this is a variant cover for Atlantis Attacks 4 or 5 .... but I'm guessing it is for 4. Haven't seen it on any sites, but the artist Carlo Pagulayan posted it on his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFbZPzh..._web_copy_link
    Oh that's BEAUTIFUL.

Mighty Member

WOW! I already owned all the Golden Age Masterworks but only two of the Silver Age. It took me an entire day to think about pulling the trigger on a car full of Sub-mariner Marvel Masterworks plus the first two Defenders and I just did. These are the classic stories that shaped the character in the Silver Age and that will probably have the most influence in shaping the character for the big and small screen too plus a great reference for my work so had to do it. And who knows when if ever they will go on sale again. Thanks for posting this IW. I've had all Thor and Avengers Masterworks in my wishlist for awhile, never thought Namor would be the first one to go on sale.

Boisterously Confused

What even is Namor's tv/movie/cartoon rights? Marvel still wont publicly acknowledge that they have them and what entails. I would LOVE an animated movie or series to be honest even over a live action.
    The last thing that I remember hearing was that Universal had them. Don't know if that's still the case or what.

Mighty Member

Namor has almost always been depicted first and foremost a physically imposing strong hero with more in common with Hercules and Thor. More John Cena and Dwayne Johnson than Michael Phelps and Greg Luganis. Hopefully Marvel realizes this when casting, they did so great with Thor, Iron Man and Captain America but I'm very worried about Namor, I've seen so many horrible casting choices suggested and in truth this might be the most difficult casting of them all. Also not in this clip but the deep voice of John Vernon was so perfect and what I hear in my mind every time I read a Namor dialogue.