Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1056
  1. #1036
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    If you recall the Fraction Defenders run at the bottoms of the pages were little sentences or tag lines, written in English, however for Namor's issue (#5) the tag lines were written in runes, I believe the reader is supposed to translate them but I never got around to figuring it out. I'm currently busy with work but I will see if I can post the scans over the weekend if you don't have that issue. I'll try to think if there are others, I know I'm forgetting something but so many distractions, so many comics to mentally sort through.
    Sorry for the wait. Here is one of the pages, and you can also see Namor speak in Atlantean, and there were more on the other pages. Defenders (2012) #5. Also I remembered that Reed spoke Atlantean, which was in New Avengers (2005) #7





    If I find any more I will post about it.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  2. #1037
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Sorry for the wait. Here is one of the pages, and you can also see Namor speak in Atlantean, and there were more on the other pages.
    So written Atlantean uses a Runic alphabet?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "Knowing is half the battle." G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  3. #1038
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So written Atlantean uses a Runic alphabet?
    That's what it looks like, I honestly wish there was a guide or something to help translate the letters, but so far this is what I found/could remember being written down.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  4. #1039
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Never saw this posted on the boards before but here's a Kris Anka Namor art that was commissioned by Ming Doyle during Hero's Con I believe in 2001 (?) not sure of the date exactly.

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  5. #1040
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    "Oh my!" said like Sulu

  6. #1041
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Never saw this posted on the boards before but here's a Kris Anka Namor art that was commissioned by Ming Doyle during Hero's Con I believe in 2001 (?) not sure of the date exactly.

    Hey everyone! Happy First Friday in June!

    "Hey! Is that a Seashell-----or are you just happy to see me?!?"

  7. #1042
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Alex Ross posted this Namor art on his twitter!

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  8. #1043
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Alex Ross posted this Namor art on his twitter!

    Buscema is my Namor Guy, but that's durn good!

    Perfect balance between muscular and lithe.

  9. #1044
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,182

    Default

    I agree, Buscema's Namor was one of the best... and Jim Lee for as little work as he did with the character. I love Ross's use of colors in this piece. Not a very wide palette but very effective.

  10. #1045
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Does anyone know the updated release schedule for comics? I'm trying to figure out when the next Atlantis Attacks comic comes out.

    I know the thread hasn't been very active lately, and I have been missing Rev here.

    So to keep the discussion going who are everyone's current favorite modern Namor artists?

    I currently have my modern top five as:

    1. Kris Anka
    2. Alex Ross
    3. Ario Anindito
    4. Chris Samnee
    5. Terry & Rachel Dodson

    I fluctuate between the lower three but Anindito's art has quickly become a favorite of mine, I especially love his Namor expressions!



    An artist I'd to see take another chance at Namor is Carmine Di Giandomenico, I really love his style and the Cabal story the judgement of Namor is a fave.

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  11. #1046
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Does anyone know the updated release schedule for comics? I'm trying to figure out when the next Atlantis Attacks comic comes out.

    I know the thread hasn't been very active lately, and I have been missing Rev here.

    So to keep the discussion going who are everyone's current favorite modern Namor artists?

    I currently have my modern top five as:

    1. Kris Anka
    2. Alex Ross
    3. Ario Anindito
    4. Chris Samnee
    5. Terry & Rachel Dodson

    I fluctuate between the lower three but Anindito's art has quickly become a favorite of mine, I especially love his Namor expressions!



    An artist I'd to see take another chance at Namor is Carmine Di Giandomenico, I really love his style and the Cabal story the judgement of Namor is a fave.

    From 2007, so hopefully this will count. The art team of Lee Weeks/Stefano Gaudiano/Rick Hoberg (Winter Soldier: Winter Kills):


  12. #1047
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Does anyone know the updated release schedule for comics? I'm trying to figure out when the next Atlantis Attacks comic comes out.

    I know the thread hasn't been very active lately, and I have been missing Rev here.

    I'm going to think on my answer for the fave Namor artists. I hope Rev is doing OK....maybe busy at work?


    As for releases, try these two sites

    Previews World release lists. Diamond is still working to get things together but they do still post the releases for two weeks into the future. Look at the feature section on the Home Page and you will see multiple links there

    This website also puts together a release list: ComicList I don't know why but my software sometimes throws out security alerts on this site. But I've not had any issues with it

  13. #1048
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    From 2007, so hopefully this will count. The art team of Lee Weeks/Stefano Gaudiano/Rick Hoberg (Winter Soldier: Winter Kills):

    Oh I love this Namor! Shame we didn't get more of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm going to think on my answer for the fave Namor artists. I hope Rev is doing OK....maybe busy at work?


    As for releases, try these two sites

    Previews World release lists. Diamond is still working to get things together but they do still post the releases for two weeks into the future. Look at the feature section on the Home Page and you will see multiple links there

    This website also puts together a release list: ComicList I don't know why but my software sometimes throws out security alerts on this site. But I've not had any issues with it
    Thanks for the links IM! I think Rev said they were busy at work, but I just hope they are doing ok too. I'm sure they will be back when they can.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  14. #1049
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    A Nick Robles 2015 Namor Sketch art

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  15. #1050
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey guys Iím new to this thread & a huge Namor fan! When do yíall think Namorís gonna be introduced in the MCU & how? Imperious Rex!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •