Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, this has been a dreadful night for my Namor searching. There's the awfulness of Atlantis Attacks 4 cover and Twitter is already crowing over Wave replacing Namor. They should have called this mini-series Agents of Atlas VS Atlantis, and then we'd have known it was going to be AvX redux. Or just call it AoA 2. I just listened to Marvel.com This Week In Comics, which headlined Atlantis Attacks and had an interview with Greg Pak where he did not mentioned Namor one single time.

Oh, and the rest of twitter is complaining about Namor getting nerfed in Contest of Champions. Apparently, Namor just can't be allowed to be a powerful beast of a character in the game.

And then we have Saladin's Ahmed's Serpent Crown mini, and does it feature a cover with Namor or Atlantis, which it is intrinsically tied to? No, of course not. Instead, we get Conan in Wakanda fighting Black Panther. Cause there just isn't enough retconned baggage tying Wakanda to Namor and Atlantis.

This has been the worst month of solicitations for Namor I've seen in quite a while.

Thank goodness we still have whatever awfulness Aaron is planning for Namor coming up.

Sorry for the all the venting. But hopefully it will allow me to get back to appreciation tomorrow.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You won't like issue 4's cover.
    spoilers:
    Namor's been dethroned!
    end of spoilers
    Honestly I welcome this if we get to see Namor as an Avenger in the future, a Defender, Invader or even an X-Man, the best would be for him to get his regular series back of course. The thing with Thor and Namor IMO is they are more interesting as powerful loners and adventurers than rulers.

Mighty Member

I know its not Namor its Aquaman but this made me laugh:

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, this has been a dreadful night for my Namor searching. There's the awfulness of Atlantis Attacks 4 cover and Twitter is already crowing over Wave replacing Namor. They should have called this mini-series Agents of Atlas VS Atlantis, and then we'd have known it was going to be AvX redux. Or just call it AoA 2. I just listened to Marvel.com This Week In Comics, which headlined Atlantis Attacks and had an interview with Greg Pak where he did not mentioned Namor one single time.

Oh, and the rest of twitter is complaining about Namor getting nerfed in Contest of Champions. Apparently, Namor just can't be allowed to be a powerful beast of a character in the game.

And then we have Saladin's Ahmed's Serpent Crown mini, and does it feature a cover with Namor or Atlantis, which it is intrinsically tied to? No, of course not. Instead, we get Conan in Wakanda fighting Black Panther. Cause there just isn't enough retconned baggage tying Wakanda to Namor and Atlantis.

This has been the worst month of solicitations for Namor I've seen in quite a while.

Thank goodness we still have whatever awfulness Aaron is planning for Namor coming up.

Sorry for the all the venting. But hopefully it will allow me to get back to appreciation tomorrow.
    It's alright to vent, and yeah this was basically predicted months ago on here that Wave would have something like this. Now I've seen people predict that Namor is going to Krakoa if Wave takes the throne, I am hoping the cover is a fake out, where it's actually Wave and Namor teaming up. Looks like the only thing to really look forward to in April is Marvel's Snapshots for Namor.

Even thought I know the "Wave takes the Throne" isn't going to be permanent since others have taken the throne in the past or Namor has willingly left it, but it always goes back to him, it still rankles that Namor is so easily unseated for just about anything. Or that he is always shown to be an unfit ruler (anyone else remember Brave New World mini? I really disliked that) and that Atlantis is being used for others plots but it never has anything to do with Namor and Atlantis. X-Men Red is the one of the more recent ones where I really thought Namor and Atlantis would play a big role but they were basically backdrop for Jean Grey. We really need a writer who understands the character and pushes Namor first instead of second or last compared to others.

I did enjoy the first issue, but then when I saw the solicitations I just was like: are you really kidding me??? already?
    I still need to catch up on the serpent crown stuff and read conan.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I know its not Namor its Aquaman but this made me laugh:
    LMAO. I just have to point out how some people have been comparing this version of Aquaman to Thor because the long hair and his new speech patterns. Also I had watched another clip where Arthur says he is the son of Attalin, which makes no sense since his father was a human. They seem to have this version be an Aquaman who was raised in Atlantis?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Super Villain Team Up!!! lol, this reminds me of the fan art! Awesome collection!!!!

That is exactly why I did it. I remember seeing that some years back, maybe on tumblr? and grabbed it for my own collection of fan images. I don't have the artist's name to credit them though

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That is exactly why I did it. I remember seeing that some years back, maybe on tumblr? and grabbed it for my own collection of fan images. I don't have the artist's name to credit them though
    Here they are! This was posted on DA and I had the link saved. This art and also the Becky Cloonan art are my faves!

Just in case anybody forgot this was a thing

The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Here they are! This was posted on DA and I had the link saved. This art and also the Becky Cloonan art are my faves!

Thanks for the link! Wow, that first showed up in 2010. I knew I had seen it a while back but didn't realize it was that long ago! It's too bad that something weird happened with that Victor von Doom series Becky Cloonan was working on with Nick Spencer. I have never seen a series that had all the covers done, was on the Diamond Distributers shipping list suddenly get cancelled like that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-24-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Just in case anybody forgot this was a thing
    Actually that's pretty funny. Seeing Namor fly with those wings would have been the more amazing power. They did another one for Aquaman, wish they had done more for Namor.

Henry Golding talks about Namor in this interview clip, full interview here. This doesn't mean he is cast, only that he is showing interest in this role! (I still don't want Namor in a BP movie though)

Henry Golding talks about Namor in this interview clip, full interview here. This doesn't mean he is cast, only that he is showing interest in this role! (I still don't want Namor in a BP movie though)
    Nice!

Though, I still don't see Henry Golding as Namor. He seems like such a nice guy. And of course, I agree about the Black Panther.

I also love the bit about the UK pronunciation of Namor's name. It solves much.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The preview for Tarot #2 is up!

Not much with Namor, but hopefully he'll have more to do in the magazine ... when he wakes up. LOL!

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...eview-tarot-2/

Link for more, non-Namor, pages.

It will be out next Wednesday!

I passed on Tarot but now I think I should get this one. One of my side interests is keeping up with Diablo appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nice!

Though, I still don't see Henry Golding as Namor. He seems like such a nice guy. And of course, I agree about the Black Panther.

I also love the bit about the UK pronunciation of Namor's name. It solves much.
    In every picture of Henry I see he is smiling a lot and seems very laid back. As with any actor I would have concerns IF he were chosen to see if he has the acting needed to play Namor. Still it's nice to see that some actors are actively putting the word out!

I saw those previews and can't wait for the next one, let's hope Namor isn't out the whole issue!