Page 34 of 123 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Found on Tumblr, this art showing Avengers over the years and Namor (who was on the team for a short time) can be seen, though it's just his ear, lol.

This is neat! I see Namor! Thanks for sharing this--I really like it.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Found on Tumblr, this art showing Avengers over the years and Namor (who was on the team for a short time) can be seen, though it's just his ear, lol.

Mondo does do a lot of cool stuff, but sadly, most is a bit more than I want to pay for a print. And too often, they leave out Namor. So, it's nice to see him included in this, even if it just his ear.

Anyways getting back to appreciating Namor, this year will be the first ever #NAMORWEEK and I have posted info on the Namor Twitter for it as well as my namor blog, I will see how well this goes this year to see if this becomes a yearly tradition.

Sounds wonderful! Maybe I'll be recovered enough to actually do something.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Maybe because Namor is taking an extreme position attacking anyone near the sea friendly or not? He is even attacking eco friendly plants . Because he is killing random employees of Roxxon without any conection why the evil CEO that only work in an oil plant? He could go against Dario Agger if he was man enough to fight him. But he let do that the Hulk.

Every time Namor has a problem with the surfice world there are two options.
    Option 1: Talk to with the avengers , try to find a way to stop the responsable of the problem without harming inocents
    Option 2: Flood some cities and kill some people only to lose in the end.

Namor always takes 2.

Sorry I know this is an appreciation tread but I am a bit sick of everyone trashing the avengers , specially in the case of Namor that always falls in the error with all groups of heroes.

In Atlantis attacks 2 Cho is saying: Namor your dragon is pretty wild.
    Namor : No problem.
    Cho: I am saying you that you should be worried about it.
    Namor: Nah I am her king. She will obey me.
    -Namor after the dragon destroys atlantis-: WAR , WAR WE HAVE BEEN BETRAYED , NO ONE WARNED US ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS. THIS IS TREASON.

I'm really too tired to respond in depth to this right now, but you're just wrong, especially about the bolded and your take on Atlantis Attacks is ... oddly skewed to say the least. Namor and Cho WERE betrayed and the dragon was booby trapped. And again, it wasn't Namor invading Pan first. It was the surface invading Atlantis to steal a magical creature. Why you blame Namor for these messes is beyond me, when CLEARLY, he was minding his own business when these surface groups INVADE his kingdom. Have you any clue to how many times Atlantis has been destroyed by surface dwellers?

I'm guessing you haven't read many Namor stories, or you'd realize, it is actually Namor who is keeping the peace, and preventing Atlantis from decimating the surface world.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Perhaps one of my favorite Thor eras is the De Falco/ Ron Frenz. I was happy to see the respect and love that Ron Frenz holds for Namor, the Sub-mariner reflected in this recent Facebook post. Like Ed McGuinness, I think a Namor ongoing or limited series with artwork by Ron Frenz would be a dream come true.

This is really cool! I love corner box art, and Frenz has captured that iconic Silver Age Subby with this one. It's like Big John Buscema and Gene Colan merged!

Thanks for sharing this, Thor-El!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This is really cool! I love corner box art, and Frenz has captured that iconic Silver Age Subby with this one. It's like Big John Buscema and Gene Colan merged!
    Exactly! I would expect a Ron Frenz Namor book would have lots of influences from these two. The thing with Frenz is that he references the old artwork but he makes it his own, not a swipe at all, just he is very faithful taking the costumes and sets and the character style established by the classic creators and giving it new life! I just loved his Thor as it had lots of classic elements from Kirby and Buscema!

Mighty Member

A few months ago I read Namor's appearance in an Avengers title and it certainly looked like he had received a power increase while underwater. He basically thrashed the Avengers. Was there some specific reason or did have they finally made Namor basically Hulk like strength and a speed/reflex increase under water? I always felt Namor should be Uber powerful underwater. He should be that character that everyone should avoid fighting while underwater.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    about that-- the Grant Morrison 4 3 2 1 story, didn't that feature Namor having some influence over a rainstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Perhaps one of my favorite Thor eras is the De Falco/ Ron Frenz. I was happy to see the respect and love that Ron Frenz holds for Namor, the Sub-mariner reflected in this recent Facebook post. Like Ed McGuinness, I think a Namor ongoing or limited series with artwork by Ron Frenz would be a dream come true.

Agreed. I would love an ongoing or limited series with artwork from either Frenz or McGuinness.

This is really cool! I love corner box art
    Agreed. I'm a lover of corner box art, as well. Hopefully someday, it will be brought back.

Frenz has captured that iconic Silver Age Subby with this one. It's like Big John Buscema and Gene Colan merged!

Thanks for sharing this, Thor-El!
    Exactly! I would expect a Ron Frenz Namor book would have lots of influences from these two. The thing with Frenz is that he references the old artwork but he makes it his own, not a swipe at all, just he is very faithful taking the costumes and sets and the character style established by the classic creators and giving it new life! I just loved his Thor as it had lots of classic elements from Kirby and Buscema!
    Agreed. The artwork of Ron Frenz is classic, and an all-time favorite.

I will also agree that the cover box is cool! Why did we not get this sooner?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is neat! I see Namor! Thanks for sharing this--I really like it.
    You're welcome!

Mondo does do a lot of cool stuff, but sadly, most is a bit more than I want to pay for a print. And too often, they leave out Namor. So, it's nice to see him included in this, even if it just his ear.

Sounds wonderful! Maybe I'll be recovered enough to actually do something.
    Thanks Rev, and no worries, I hope it will work out so there's more new Namor fans joining in but we will see how it works out!

I am flailing my arms in excitement, I love his style! It's wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I got a bit miffed at Bleeding Cool earlier today for their article implying that Namor copied Aquaman with the latest Namor art by Ed McGuinness, so I posted about it on twitter and the artist replied! Link I was mistaken in the art he was referencing, I thought it was Wally Wood's Daredevil art, because that was the one I remembered, my mistake! It was actually a Kirby art!

Mighty Member

I got a bit miffed at Bleeding Cool earlier today for their article implying that Namor copied Aquaman with the latest Namor art by Ed McGuinness, so I posted about it on twitter and the artist replied! Link I was mistaken in the art he was referencing, I thought it was Wally Wood's Daredevil art, because that was the one I remembered, my mistake! It was actually a Kirby art!

That's great you found that image and proved the writer wrong! And is that doing it better? I don't know what kind of Kool Aid is that writer drinking but Namor looks badass in both McGuinness and Kirby pics while Aquaman looks like a Sponge Bob character.

That's great you found that image and proved the writer wrong! And is that doing it better? I don't know what kind of Kool Aid is that writer drinking but Namor looks badass in both McGuinness and Kirby pics while Aquaman looks like a Sponge Bob character.

Lol, sorry I meant that Ed McGuinness showed us the Kirby art from Fantastic Four in response to my tweet, I had it mistaken for the Daredevil panel because it was the one I remembered (I totally forgot about the kirby art!) but yes, glad he chimed in to prove that article wrong. Seriously this is what annoys me about the Namor vs Aquaman thing, it's such lazy writing.