Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 1035
  1. #541
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    I caved and got an account to another comic reading service (lol, comics are my indulgence but also RIP to my wallet) and I have been reading Spidey Newspaper Strips, as soon as I am done I will try to upload the story, lol, Namor crashes Peter and MJ on a cruise and proposes to her!

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  2. #542
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The idea that Namor "has the Phoenix phone" and can summon it at any time is ridiculous to me. Hopefully, it won't affect what Hickman and Ewing have planned for him in X-Men and Hulk.
    I don't care what the Phoenix does. Just keep it AWAY from the X-Men.

    But I can agree with you on the PF being on Speed Dial. But I AM on board for Namor having the Phoenix again. :-) I'm so excited.

    I LOVE me some Namor.
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  3. #543
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I caved and got an account to another comic reading service (lol, comics are my indulgence but also RIP to my wallet) and I have been reading Spidey Newspaper Strips, as soon as I am done I will try to upload the story, lol, Namor crashes Peter and MJ on a cruise and proposes to her!
    Oh, Namor. Not ANOTHER surprise proposal to a surface gal!

    I read several of those strips when they were coming out, but got distracted from it. IIRC, wasn't it also about Namor being mad about surface world pollution ... and it was killing Atlanteans?
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  4. #544
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Thank you for trying. You just click on the box and it works. Not sure if you need a Patreon account or not.

    Give the podcast a try if you do those. One of the hosts runs Comic Book Herald. They are pretty entertaining and its interesting hearing what they have to say about the issues even if you didn't read them.
    Okay, I did that, so hopefully my vote was counted. I guess I didn't take note of the number of votes before I checked the box.

    I'll try to listen to them. I've gotten into more podcasts lately.


    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I just voted and it looks like Namor has pulled ahead in the vote! Thanks for the link!
    I think Namor won!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  5. #545
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It was implied that Namor's eyes turned black because of the power he stole from Hydro-Man. It was shown in issue one of Invaders iirc because his eyes were normal but then turned Black when they used the power.
    I don't remember Namor's eyes being normal in Invaders, but as demonstrated, my memory hasn't been the greatest lately. ;p But that would mean Aaron knew about Zdarsky's Hydroman plans, since Namor first appeared with the black eyes in his Avengers issue. It would also mean, Namor still has Hydroman's powers, since he still has black eyes, and I don't think we've seen any demonstration of those powers since he was temporarily made into a surface breather. Of course, that whole bit was odd, and not well defined, IMO.



    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    About the black eyes, to me was kind of a big deal visually in the last pages how they lightened up when he called the Phoenix Force so it seemed that some way the connection with that force is what is causing the weird eyes. I could be misinterpreting this though.
    But his eyes, or more precisely, the sclera, are still black on that last page. The iris are light, or Phoenix flames.


    I really wish SOMEONE, either a writer or artist or character, would say something about Namor's new eyes.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-12-2020 at 11:51 PM.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  6. #546
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And I agree. I don't know where those reviews were getting mild mannered Betty Dean. She was her usual ... passionate and outspoken self.
    Perhaps they were describing her in comparison to Namor. After all, next to him everyone seems "mild mannered".

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I can't believe they went with the Shark! LOL! The guy that stole Namor's swimming trunks!
    I know! I loved that! I wished that they would make some reference to that previous encounter, but I suppose a somewhat goofier incident like that would not mesh well with the more serious tone and themes being dealt with here in terms of PTSD and the horrors of the camps, etc.

  7. #547
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Perhaps they were describing her in comparison to Namor. After all, next to him everyone seems "mild mannered".
    You have a point. ;p



    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I know! I loved that! I wished that they would make some reference to that previous encounter, but I suppose a somewhat goofier incident like that would not mesh well with the more serious tone and themes being dealt with here in terms of PTSD and the horrors of the camps, etc.
    That and the pacing. I think the fight starts immediately and the swastika is revealed in the next panel or two, and Namor loses it. But I look at as one of easter eggs to Namor and Invader fans.

    It is also funny that after Shark's first good punch, Namor ends up tossing his clothes and fighting in his trunks! It's like he's daring the Shark to even mention those trunks.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  8. #548
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    That's the story from Marvel Mystery Comics #28 where her sister's husband, who had killed a man in a fight and was on the run with her was mixed up with a crook named Falkon that Namor was after. The crook ends up being killed by Namor at the end of the story but Namor lets Peggy's sister husband escape at her request so perhaps she was still on the run with him.

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...adathon/page28
    Thanks for the link! I really need to get back to my Namor reading!



    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I literally was like: OMFG THE SHARK. Like when they ripped off the shark suit, at first I thought it was someone they made up for the story but they really went old school with the villain! I did see that and I agree, it was like a bittersweet nod to the fact that Everett did have alchol issues. Still I don't think they creators meant to do any more than just have his name as a tribute. LOL first we had the Fish Truck in Invaders, and the Diner in HULK, and now this. I am glad when people remember Everett because I feel he doesn't get the same recognition as Stan or Jack.

    Honestly I NEED Marvel to give us a book solely filled with things like Atlantean facts, how long they live, different notable Atlanteans, the day to day lives of normal citizens and their culture. I want to know more about Empress Ritha who was the only female ruler of seas, or was she the only sole female ruler. I need pages with like a family tree showing us all of Namor's family and royal members of court. More history about Atlantis and their gods and the great cataclysm that isn't three or four different stories by different authors. We need a single comprehensive history and why Atlanteans have such a dislike for clones. I feel there's so much potential there.

    But I would totally buy a Atlas Era Namor book, or just any book that focuses on Namor only!
    I know YOU would. LOL!

    Well, let's remember, Ritha and that entire story, was the product of an insane weekend of multiple creators, lots of coffee and other stimulants, and probably some alcohol, with little sleep. It was crazy fun for it's time, but I'd have rather it never shown up in modern age and made canon. I think Stuart Moore mentioned another female ruler of Atlantis, didn't he? In the Namor Goes to Hell arc?

    But I know what you mean. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever get such a comprehensive history, unless, of course, Namor gets his own movie.

    It really is sad that Everett's contributions aren't recognized more. Not just his art, but his story telling. He did lots of things that others didn't do until much later, in the Marvel Era proper.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  9. #549
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It was implied that Namor's eyes turned black because of the power he stole from Hydro-Man. It was shown in issue one of Invaders iirc because his eyes were normal but then turned Black when they used the power.
    I don't trust that too much. It was Aaron the one who gave Namor the black eyes in Avengers and the Hydro-Man seems to be purely Zdarsky. I think the real reveal should have happened here unless these writers have talked to each other in depth which usually doesn't happens unless is a major crossover event.

  10. #550
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I know YOU would. LOL!

    Well, let's remember, Ritha and that entire story, was the product of an insane weekend of multiple creators, lots of coffee and other stimulants, and probably some alcohol, with little sleep. It was crazy fun for it's time, but I'd have rather it never shown up in modern age and made canon. I think Stuart Moore mentioned another female ruler of Atlantis, didn't he? In the Namor Goes to Hell arc?

    But I know what you mean. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever get such a comprehensive history, unless, of course, Namor gets his own movie.

    It really is sad that Everett's contributions aren't recognized more. Not just his art, but his story telling. He did lots of things that others didn't do until much later, in the Marvel Era proper.
    Ugh I'm getting all my Subby lore names mixed up, lol. Yes the one in first mutant was who I meant: Empress Rithea. I was chatting about the Golden Age comics recently with a fan on Twitter, so sorry for the mix up!

    Marvel needs to give Namor a movie! Or a cartoon, animation can be amazing when done right.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  11. #551
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, I didn't enjoy when he had Namor almost kill his friend Stingray and I was pretty vocal about it. I also didn't enjoy the new costume and look which I think debuted in his Avengers if I remember well. But the power up and him being able to singlehandedly defeat a group of the most powerful Avengers I did enjoy. I also am enjoying that he is using Roxxon & Mephisto, two of my favorite villains in the Marvel Universe. Plus he has the Squadron Supreme as a villainous group as IMO should be. All those elements I like. Only time will tell if I will really like the way Aaron handles Namor, I'm only giving him the benefit of the doubt because I think we are slowly getting some clues and Mephisto is a master manipulator and the Phoenix force also will cloud your judgement. In a way is a continuation of the Professor X/ Machlan mind screwing that everyone seem to be doing with Namor lately but at least Namor is not seen as a little kid that everyone gives a speech to and reprimands like I noticed happened in the last Invaders.
    It is. But it is getting so old, and often is OOC or far too contrived, like this latest round of Superheroing Under the Influence. IMO, Namor got a pass for the last Phoenix possession because it was something inflicted on him by the actions of others. He had no idea what it was going to be like. This time, he doesn't have that excuse at all. And the 'manipulation' by Mephisto was just ridiculous. I mean, the bar tender wasn't even female, which is a major Namor weakness. ;p

    I'm not Phoenix expert, but I can't remember a positive experience for a character, with the exception of Rachel. I just don't think this will end well for Namor.

    I do agree in part on the Invaders criticism. There was a few times when I was wondering what pod person replaced Namor, cause he has never quietly accepted a lecture without saying a word. And don't get me started on what Namor did to Jim Hammond. Ugh. That said, I far, far, far prefer that series. It didn't get everything right, it had some head scratchers, and I hated the Prof X retcon, but it was actually focused on exploring Namor's character, instead of using him to boost other characters, and it had some great Namor moments.



    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The reason why I cut Hickman a bit more slack than others is because he wrote a Namor who under a great deal of stress and reacting to a world that might have died at any moment. He was struggling. But also Hickman escalated the Wakanda Vs Atlantis stuff and we are still dealing with that fall out, which is why I don't want Namor to be near Black Panther or the Phoenix for the sake of his character development. Not sure how Aaron will play this out but I refuse to believe Namor, who HATED being made a pawn of the Phoenix and still suffers from the trauma of being a host would ever willingly call the Phoenix to come back with open arms. If there's one thing I know about Namor, it's that he hates being a pawn or under the influence of another person. It is always "his way or not at all". He can see comprise at times but no way would he ever put himself in someone else's power.
    Exactly. We've had so few panels of Namor dealing with what happened while he hosted the Phoenix, and now, even that little bit is being trashed and tossed away.

    My feelings about Hickman and his treatment of Namor are definitely mixed. Had he fixed what he did to Namor, I would probably be more positive.



    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't care what the Phoenix does. Just keep it AWAY from the X-Men.

    But I can agree with you on the PF being on Speed Dial. But I AM on board for Namor having the Phoenix again. :-) I'm so excited.

    I LOVE me some Namor.
    I'm always happy to see more folks loving Namor. But not sure why you would want Namor afflicted with the Phoenix instead of mixing it up with the X-Men. I don't want my favorite character, or anyone, trashed by the Phoenix either. I am all for more good appearances for Namor. I just wish they were in a book dedicated to him and furthering the character. Probably why I enjoyed Snapshots so much.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  12. #552
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Ugh I'm getting all my Subby lore names mixed up, lol. Yes the one in first mutant was who I meant: Empress Rithea. I was chatting about the Golden Age comics recently with a fan on Twitter, so sorry for the mix up!

    Marvel needs to give Namor a movie! Or a cartoon, animation can be amazing when done right.
    No problem. There's 80 plus years or lore, after all. LOL

    I have to disagree with Moore on that count, however. I imagine the Atlanteans had more than one female ruler.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  13. #553
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I don't trust that too much. It was Aaron the one who gave Namor the black eyes in Avengers and the Hydro-Man seems to be purely Zdarsky. I think the real reveal should have happened here unless these writers have talked to each other in depth which usually doesn't happens unless is a major crossover event.
    I have this dreadful feeling that the explanation we will get is that Aaron thought it looked cool. sigh.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  14. #554
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post





    I'm always happy to see more folks loving Namor. But not sure why you would want Namor afflicted with the Phoenix instead of mixing it up with the X-Men. I don't want my favorite character, or anyone, trashed by the Phoenix either. I am all for more good appearances for Namor. I just wish they were in a book dedicated to him and furthering the character. Probably why I enjoyed Snapshots so much.
    That IS true.

    The Phoenix does have a tenancy of tarnishing Characters. BUT when Namor got the PF IMO I thought he was cool in AVX. But then again it did capitalize on his anger and hatred to Wakanda.

    I change my mind. I don't want Namor to have the Phoenix Force anymore. Keep that Fire Chicken AWAY from ALL MUTANTS(Namor Included)
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  15. #555
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,287
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •