Page 93 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I like it because is very similar to what I wore when I cosplayed Namor.
    Hmmm. I don't know. Your cosplay seemed to be darker and like a full head of hair. This one, seems more Yul Brynner like. A 5 o'clock shadow of a hair.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I personally prefer if Namor had kept his Prince title, maybe because I read a lot of comics of that era first but I always felt as though it fit him better, however I wouldn't mind though if he became Emperor Namor, it sounds more regal than King and would set him apart from the other king of the sea over at DC. Still I think it would have been better for him to have had some story or short comic about him upgrading to the King title, some kinda ceremony or quest he should have done to prove he was ready to be called king, and I would like the same thing for him be called Emperor, like a test of his character/will almost like the Quest for the Trident. I def agree that Namor is more of a demi god than anything on Neptune's level and that's how it should stay.
    I love the title of Prince for Namor. He's had it forever, and it sounds so much better than King, IMO. I also love the explanation in the letters page for the title, that he was ruling for King Neptune. Of course, that doesn't explain Emperor Tha-Korr ... or maybe it does. LOL!

I'd have loved to see some in story explanation about the titles, but that would require some world building.

A person replied to one of my Namor posts calling Namor "Aquaman's Spoiled Prototype" lol, I really don't understand why Aquafans continue to hate on Namor fans when they have so much more popularity.
    Because Namor's the first and the best ruler of Atlantis! ;p

Wow. There is so much ... well, wrong about that response. I mean, 'danger to humanity'??? Like the Atlanteans aren't human? Clearly that's what this poster believes, since they believe "The people of the world shouldn’t have to be afraid of having their water taken away- or worse, being used as a weapon to kill them," but it's perfectly okay for the non-people in the sea to have their water taken away by pollution or worse, used as weapon against them when it's poisoned by nerve gas, radiation, plastics, oil, sewage, etc. etc. etc. I'm definitely getting a colonial mindset here.

I wouldn't wish an oil spill or toxic waste dump on anyone, but clearly, this person is environmentally ignorant. I understand when people want to label Namor an eco-terrorist -- though I don't entirely agree with that take either. But to dismiss pollution as littering, when it is actually life threatening, if not planet threatening ...
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

Just going to drop this here so everyone can drool over. And no, its not mine but I wish!

So gorgeous!!! Look at that red hair!

I love reading this thread.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I love the title of Prince for Namor. He's had it forever, and it sounds so much better than King, IMO. I also love the explanation in the letters page for the title, that he was ruling for King Neptune. Of course, that doesn't explain Emperor Tha-Korr ... or maybe it does. LOL!

I'd have loved to see some in story explanation about the titles, but that would require some world building.

Because Namor's the first and the best ruler of Atlantis! ;p

Wow. There is so much ... well, wrong about that response. I mean, 'danger to humanity'??? Like the Atlanteans aren't human? Clearly that's what this poster believes, since they believe "The people of the world shouldn’t have to be afraid of having their water taken away- or worse, being used as a weapon to kill them," but it's perfectly okay for the non-people in the sea to have their water taken away by pollution or worse, used as weapon against them when it's poisoned by nerve gas, radiation, plastics, oil, sewage, etc. etc. etc. I'm definitely getting a colonial mindset here.

I wouldn't wish an oil spill or toxic waste dump on anyone, but clearly, this person is environmentally ignorant. I understand when people want to label Namor an eco-terrorist -- though I don't entirely agree with that take either. But to dismiss pollution as littering, when it is actually life threatening, if not planet threatening ...
    Hopefully we get some world building in the new mini! Every time I think about it I get so excited.

After my reply the commenter apologized and said they didn't know all that, and they asked to learn more about the character. I told them I wouldn't mind sharing resources to learn more so at least this interaction ended on a better note than most!

I agree that most people who attack Namor might have only read him in places where he shows up and acts like a jerk to their fave characters, but they don't actually know him.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Hopefully we get some world building in the new mini! Every time I think about it I get so excited.

After my reply the commenter apologized and said they didn't know all that, and they asked to learn more about the character. I told them I wouldn't mind sharing resources to learn more so at least this interaction ended on a better note than most!

I agree that most people who attack Namor might have only read him in places where he shows up and acts like a jerk to their fave characters, but they don't actually know him.

That's some of it, and it's annoying, because that's probably not going to change without him getting his own book, or moving into the MCU. And there's other things going on with some folks, like personal baggage. But if you are going to come into a Namor thread / site to trash him, bring some knowledge of the character. ;p

Yes! Every time I think of the Busiek period Namor book, I grin like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I do too!

LMAO. I think Namor fans will get a kick out of this funny fan art of Namor babysitting Toro and Bucky XD

Artist Link

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

LMAO. I think Namor fans will get a kick out of this funny fan art of Namor babysitting Toro and Bucky XD
    Ha! Now I'm thinking that Namor convinced Toro to stick with just his trunks instead of getting a full body costume like Jim.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Toro and Bucky hanging with Namor. I wish we had something like that in a continuing Namor. His mission to unite the underwater kingdoms (or whatever) needs some skill sets and people he would trust:
    Those guys, plus Andromeda, Stingray, Sue and Valeria, diplomacy and brains. Triton.

Occasionals by Cap, Hammond, Dr. Strange, Spitfire.

Artist Link

OMG! That is so awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ha! Now I'm thinking that Namor convinced Toro to stick with just his trunks instead of getting a full body costume like Jim.
    LOL!

Toro and Bucky hanging with Namor. I wish we had something like that in a continuing Namor. His mission to unite the underwater kingdoms (or whatever) needs some skill sets and people he would trust:
    Those guys, plus Andromeda, Stingray, Sue and Valeria, diplomacy and brains. Triton.

Occasionals by Cap, Hammond, Dr. Strange, Spitfire.
    I would definitely buy an Invaders book, like that.

One of the new Marvel Masterpiece cards of Namor.

Mighty Member

Hmmm. I don't know. Your cosplay seemed to be darker and like a full head of hair. This one, seems more Yul Brynner like. A 5 o'clock shadow of a hair.
    Its the long black pants shirtless look that I don't think Namor has ever sport what I like.

So gorgeous!!! Look at that red hair!
    Ha, ha, just the reaction I was expecting!

Me three!

Artist Link

Hah, hah, that's awesome!

Mighty Member

https://www.cbr.com/conan-the-barbar...action-series/

Seems Marvel only has the Conan comics rights, movies and cartoons are Netflix's. Even more reason for Marvel to treat Namor better. That Cimmerian has been stealing from Namor for far too long.

Another live Namor drawing session! For Oct 1. 9pm Est by Dan Panosion : https://twitter.com/urbanbarbarian/s...204372480?s=19