Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I think this was supposed to be a series and so there was probably more than just the Sailor Namor story? I really hope we do get that one though!
    I don't know. We clearly need to ask Weiss. Anyone know if he's on twitter or FB?

Oh, did I mention that The Marvel book with the Weiss story is going to get an Alan Weiss variant cover? : )

I wonder which Weiss image of Namor they are going to use? Maybe from Subby 56? Or Subby 54?

Or maybe an unpublished commission?

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Holy cow. Brevroot posting that last page of Namor's story from Marvel Comics #1 on twitter has opened the flood gates for the Comic Gaters to descend.

Lot of ignorance of Namor's history is also being revealed.

My favorite has to be some guy telling everyone that they are reading the panel, which is the LAST panel on the LAST page of the story, out of context and that they need to read the following pages. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't know. We clearly need to ask Weiss. Anyone know if he's on twitter or FB?

Oh, did I mention that The Marvel book with the Weiss story is going to get an Alan Weiss variant cover? : )

I wonder which Weiss image of Namor they are going to use? Maybe from Subby 56? Or Subby 54?

Or maybe an unpublished commission?

Either of those covers would be great! However if they do go the commission art one it would be very cool too!

edit: I don't know if Weiss is on twitter, I never found him if he is, and I don't go on facebook so I don't know. sorry

A friend sent me this link for a Namor shirt and I thought I would share: Link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Either of those covers would be great! However if they do go the commission art one it would be very cool too!

edit: I don't know if Weiss is on twitter, I never found him if he is, and I don't go on facebook so I don't know. sorry

A friend sent me this link for a Namor shirt and I thought I would share: Link

Oh my. He's so ... pink!

Ah, he has a surf board! I like Namor's Killer Whale surf board better. Or hey, that Silver Surfer board!

Of course, I'm putting it on my wish list. ;p

Thanks for looking. I'll keep hunting for Weiss.

Holy cow. Brevroot posting that last page of Namor's story from Marvel Comics #1 on twitter has opened the flood gates for the Comic Gaters to descend.

Lot of ignorance of Namor's history is also being revealed.

My favorite has to be some guy telling everyone that they are reading the panel, which is the LAST panel on the LAST page of the story, out of context and that they need to read the following pages. LOL!
    LOLOL. I saw that! So many people just showing they never really read any Namor comics to begin with, or if they have then it went totally over their heads. Namor's comics have been inclusive since the beginning and is one of the only golden age comics I can think of that had women characters who were very well done, ex: Betty Dean had her own motivations and wasn't just a damsel in distress. Honestly I don't like Comicgaters, they harass people who don't do exactly what they want. Besides this isn't even the first time someone at Marvel posted that and it caused a stir, do you remember Saladin Ahmed tweeting about it a while back?

The worst thing is seeing people post the racist WWll era comics and calling Namor a racist for that, even though we all know Namor never started out as war time propaganda and other comics in that era were also full of racist imagery, ex: Captain America, Superman etc. Even later on there was some in Iron Man comics. So I really hate when people keep bringing that up because that's not Namor's character at all.

I commissioned an artist on twitter who does very cute type of art to do a Namor/Betty kiss art after this pose:

Which I will be showing for Namor Week, as well as a couple of other artists I have asked to do some other types of art; Namor family art, Namor amnesia art etc. So I'm very excited for this even if the content turn out is small, I will be working on my Namor and Doctor Doom comic edit for Team up day because they are my fave team up! Only about three weeks left now!

Oh my. He's so ... pink!

Ah, he has a surf board! I like Namor's Killer Whale surf board better. Or hey, that Silver Surfer board!

Of course, I'm putting it on my wish list. ;p

Thanks for looking. I'll keep hunting for Weiss.
    lol! Namor surfing a whale would make a great shirt! Like this awesome art: link

I commissioned an artist on twitter who does very cute type of art to do a Namor/Betty kiss art after this pose:

Which I will be showing for Namor Week, as well as a couple of other artists I have asked to do some other types of art; Namor family art, Namor amnesia art etc. So I'm very excited for this even if the content turn out is small, I will be working on my Namor and Doctor Doom comic edit for Team up day because they are my fave team up! Only about three weeks left now!
    That will be awesome! I love Betty and Namor and that's such an iconic image.

I really need to get head and my stuff together for Namor week. I found out today I'll probably have enough time --- out county is closing up till the end of April.

lol! Namor surfing a whale would make a great shirt! Like this awesome art: link

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Such a cool sketch card.

That will be awesome! I love Betty and Namor and that's such an iconic image.

I really need to get head and my stuff together for Namor week. I found out today I'll probably have enough time --- out county is closing up till the end of April.
    Oh no, please stay safe Rev! Be like Namor and practice good social distancing XD

LOLOL. I saw that! So many people just showing they never really read any Namor comics to begin with, or if they have then it went totally over their heads. Namor's comics have been inclusive since the beginning and is one of the only golden age comics I can think of that had women characters who were very well done, ex: Betty Dean had her own motivations and wasn't just a damsel in distress. Honestly I don't like Comicgaters, they harass people who don't do exactly what they want. Besides this isn't even the first time someone at Marvel posted that and it caused a stir, do you remember Saladin Ahmed tweeting about it a while back?

The worst thing is seeing people post the racist WWll era comics and calling Namor a racist for that, even though we all know Namor never started out as war time propaganda and other comics in that era were also full of racist imagery, ex: Captain America, Superman etc. Even later on there was some in Iron Man comics. So I really hate when people keep bringing that up because that's not Namor's character at all.
    Emphasis on PROPAGANDA. Plus, the GA doesn't really count, unless it gets adapted / brought into the modern MA books. And you don't see that in Saga of Sub-Mariner, or elsewhere in Subby's (or any other WWII superhero) at all.

The irony of the CG folks accusing others of lacking reading comprehension in those tweets. LOL!

Betty Dean. Princess Fen. Lady Dorma Namora. And any number of other female guest stars. Bless Bill Everett and the women in his life.

Oh no, please stay safe Rev! Be like Namor and practice good social distancing XD

OMG!

Filed under:

Smooth, Namor, smooth.
    Things we rarely see Namor do.

It's cool. It's paid leave. And I've plenty at home to keep me busy... if I could only conquer my inherent inertia.

Comixology is having a Chip Zdarsky sale that ends on April 2.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...4017_pg=1&cu=0

If you didn't pick up the first volume of Invaders (6 issues) you can get it for $3.99!

Likewise, the 5 issues of Defenders: Best Defense are collected and are only $2.99!

Rank your favorite Atlanteans! I made a Sub-Mariner Character Tier list for fun, (accidentally added two Fens and two Nitas) just drag and drop the pics: https://tiermaker.com/create/marvel-...racters-307491

And here's my list!

Rank your favorite Atlanteans! I made a Sub-Mariner Character Tier list for fun, (accidentally added two Fens and two Nitas) just drag and drop the pics: https://tiermaker.com/create/marvel-...racters-307491

And here's my list!
    OMG. How cool! I'm going to go play with it now!