Page 50 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Something we don't see much of ... a Lady Dorma cosplay!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-p-MxmB..._web_copy_link
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I LOVE Bianchi's art. I would LOVE for him to do a Namor book. Or an arc! Or a one-shot! Not only are his figures amazing, but look at that setting? He's a world builder.

This is such an awesome cover. Really shows how powerful Namor is. I love how he's leaping out of the water.

YES! The nice details, where Bianchi makes the iconic costume his own.

I've seen that on eBay. Is it folded?

Those old MMMS / FOOM posters are great! I have the Namor one, but it's done by John Buscema from the #1 cover.
    It is folded but no visible line. The MMMS/FOOM is the Silver Surfer with the Watcher by Kirby. I have the Buscema from Sub-mariner #1 too which is 4 color. The Surfer is in full color from a Marvel Portfolio that has lots of Kirby pieces. I also have the Tales of Asgard with Thor and the full ensemble from Asgard behind him by Kirby too.

Mighty Member

OMG!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! I'm following her now! She is just starting she says so this is not the final look, I bet she will keep improving, not that it doesn't looks great already!!

Very nice! The belt looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    OMG!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! I'm following her now! She is just starting she says so this is not the final look, I bet she will keep improving, not that it doesn't looks great already!!
    I knew you'd like this cosplay.

Now I want to see the entire Namor family cosplayed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Very nice! The belt looks great!
    I'm guessing the 'unfinished' part is the belt that connects the two part of the costume.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman, the uber talented Simone Bianchi:

I really love this art, also I changed my mind, now I want Bianchi on all the future covers for a Namor series when it happens. lol This is another one of my favorites by the artist:

Omg she looks amazing already! I hope she also posts her look when she's done. Glad to see the love for Lady Dorma!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I really love this art, also I changed my mind, now I want Bianchi on all the future covers for a Namor series when it happens. lol This is another one of my favorites by the artist:
    I know! I would 'settle" for either. ;p

No, wait. While we're dreaming BIG, we should have Bianchi on interiors and Ross on covers!

And lets not forget this other Bianchi piece that was on one of the action figure cards.

Last edited by Reviresco; 04-07-2020 at 12:55 PM.

I know! I would 'settle" for either. ;p

No, wait. While we're dreaming BIG, we should have Bianchi on interiors and Ross on covers!

And lets not forget this other Bianchi piece that was on one of the action figure cards.

Yes, this is great too!

Mighty Member

I knew you'd like this cosplay.

Now I want to see the entire Namor family cosplayed!
    I'd like to see Lord Vashti. Namor, Dorma and Vashti together in a cosplay would be just too awesome! Add Attuma and we have the most iconic ones, maybe Namorita too.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Omg she looks amazing already! I hope she also posts her look when she's done. Glad to see the love for Lady Dorma!
    Agreed. Even though she's in limbo, it's nice that the Lady Dorma is gaining some traction.

I'd like to see Lord Vashti. Namor, Dorma and Vashti together in a cosplay would be just too awesome! Add Attuma and we have the most iconic ones, maybe Namorita too.
    Include Andromeda and I'll be very happy, indeed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Even though she's in limbo, it's nice that the Lady Dorma is gaining some traction.

Like Tamara, Andromeda is an obscure character to me. I have a big hole in Namor's history as I still have to read the Silver Age Sub-mariner comics. Most of what I know is from the 60s cartoon and Andromeda wasn't in that one. I had to google her and realized she was in the Namor 90s series, which I read but her role was very small and she is also in Namor's Defenders right now but I don't think she has even speak much. But as the daughter of Attuma she sounds very interesting and full of possibilities.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 04-08-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Mighty Member

Lets celebrate the allies, those characters that even though being relatively weaker are always heroic and get to save the day multiple times. I want to promote LORD VASHTI! I found a very well put together index of all the appearances of Lord Vashti.

Lord Vashti Reading Order:
    https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...rder_listing=1

Last edited by Thor-El; 04-08-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Yes, agreed and Tamaron Rahn as well!

That would be so awesome! I'd love to see that cosplay group.

Exactly!

Like Tamara, Andromeda is an obscure character to me. I have a big hole in Namor's history as I still have to read the Silver Age Sub-mariner comics. Most of what I know is from the 60s cartoon and Andromeda wasn't in that one. I had to google her and realized she was in the Namor 90s series, which I read but her role was very small and she is also in Namor's Defenders right now but I don't think she has even speak much. But as the daughter of Attuma she sounds very interesting and full of possibilities.
    I am not as familiar with her, but I think most of Andromeda's appearances are in the original Defenders. I agree, her relationship to Attuma has a ton of potential.

Another first for His Highness!

CBR article on the first animated appearance of the X-Men ... in the Sub-Mariner animated show.

The author isn't kind to those classic cartoons, but he explains why they show up.

The storyline itself is essentially an adaptation of Fantastic Four #6, but swaps out the First Family in exchange for Marvel's merry mutants. This results in an egregiously uncharacteristic situation of the mutant teens being adored by the public in the same way the FF are.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-debuted-tv...ampaign=CBR-TW