Page 39 of 123 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The History of the Sirenas vs the Atlanteans

The Kalak Ti'er almost looks like Shadow King but in orange instead of purple/blue.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Is it me or does anyone find Namor's Arrogance EXTREMELY SEXY???? Like it's VERY attractive to me.......NO?

Ok, i'll keep that to myself. LOL
    LOL!

Raises hand ... though some would call it confidence instead of arrogance. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The black and white version of the Namor splash page

Namorario.jpg
    Last edited by batsheva; 03-18-2020 at 09:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL!

Raises hand ... though some would call it confidence instead of arrogance. ;p
    Oh good. I’m not alone. Namor is my 3rd Boyfriend

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    In today's issue we see that Namor still does have his "water bending" powers which is great when it's used really subtly like this. I am trying not to spoil too much until everyone has read it, but overall I see that the stuff Pak has been building up seems to be paying off which is great. The OG Agents of Atlas are on Atlantis's side while the New Agents are split due their morals/allies, I feel like the Sirenas could be an interesting group if they keep getting fleshed out like this. Namor wasn't out of the game for long and I feel like the next issue will be explosive.

I'm glad to see I've been totally wrong about this series. I got the first issue at my LCS and wasn't impressed but what I've seen here makes me want to get 2 & 3.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 03-18-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I remember how useful that was against Johnny's flame.

Namor also implied being able to nullify Sue's force-field.

Interesting new things about Namor that I wish could be explored even further.
    I think the Morrison FF1234 story was an AU story -- it was Marvel Knights. I'm not sure where it would fit in continuity. And, as you've mentioned, Namor had a few additional abilities. I think there was some mention of Namor having some sort of biometric abilities that he used against Sue? I'd have to go read it again.

I do remember Namor saying something about his control / influence on the hurricane.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by batsheva View Post

Namorario.jpg

Hello, Ario! Good to see you again. I was happy to see you were doing this series and getting another chance at drawing our beloved sea prince. Hopefully his fate will better than in Secret Wars House of M. ;p Your work seems a lot more detailed now, but that's to be expected, given it's been years since that book. Loving the Sirenas also, and the murals in Namora and the Sirena's 'stories' were fantastic!

And thank you for posting that splash page. It's wonderful to see Namor closer to proper attire, i.e. shirtless. Now if he could just lose the tights in the upcoming battle, and fight in his green speedo -- with a shave -- I will be in Atlantean heaven. LOL!

Oh good. I’m not alone. Namor is my 3rd Boyfriend
    LOL! No, there's a good percentage of Namor fans who appreciate all his ... foibles.

Hmmm. So, from your avatar, would Shaw be a boyfriend? I really hate that the X-office completely ignored what Fraction had set up and we never got a good confrontation between Shaw and Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    So, even going back to being a Hulk, Cho didn't stand a chance.

I'm beginning to suspect that the cover of Atlantis Attack is misleading and Wave is going to be Queen of Sirens, not Atlantis.

It was not as bad as I expected. For me the comic makes it quite clear that, past Atlantis history aside, clearly Pan is the bad guy here, not Namor. He is just fucking angry but with reason.

PD: Oh, it looks like he still has hydrokinesis.
    Well, Namor states part of the reason why Cho wasn't going to win in a straight up fight. He just isn't as ruthless as Namor, when it comes to protecting his people. And while it wasn't outright stated, it's sort of implied, and I wish more writers would acknowledge this -- Namor has the experience. He's pushing 100 now, isn't he? He fought in WWII. He's commanded armies. He's dealt with various antagonistic underwater groups and empires. He's survived the machinations of the Atlantean court and his grandfather for most of his life. Writers should give Namor far more credit as a fighter and strategist, instead of writing him just as an angry bruiser.

I don't know. It looks like Wave is going to attack Atlantis. I was ambivalent about this character, but after Atlantis Attacks 3, she's on my unimpressive list, and needs to go away. What an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Namor was never in the wrong, and the intention was never for him to be in the wrong. This is incredibly obvious if you read the previous Pak books leading up to Atlantis Attacks.

However if you just jump in on the one with Namor on it, it looks like that, because the intention was to lead you to believe that.

The previous Agents of Atlas and Aero/Wave books make it incredibly clear Pan and the Sirenas are the villains, but in a way that from the heroes perspectives they're just really sleezy at worst.
    Did the previous Agents of Atlas book explain the Atlantean dragon? Was it like Ikeda said, the dragon was attacking the coast?

Also, I skimmed the Aero back story with Wave. That's also why I'm unclear why Wave would support he Sirenas. They weren't exactly heroic there. I mean, Wave and Aero had to fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I didn't read Aero so I don't know who are these Sirens. I have a feeling that Atlantis already has about 50 forgotten ancient races that it was at war with.
    My major question about the Sirenas and Pan are WHY are they at war with Atlantis? They are in the Pacific. Atlantis is in the Atlantic. There shouldn't be this history of antagonism. If their beef was going to be with anyone, it should be Lemuria or the Deviants. And their attack on Atlantis is going to be a slow one, that's for sure. Moving an army half way across the planet is going to draw attention.

Well, the June solicits are out and as far as I can tell, we have ZERO Namor appearances.

So, very, very frustrating.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Well, the June solicits are out and as far as I can tell, we have ZERO Namor appearances.

It's weird that the thread was deleted and replaced with one by Brian Cronin. CBR stopped creating news threads once Jonah sold the site to another party. Maybe they're going to start that up again?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Is it me or does anyone find Namor's Arrogance EXTREMELY SEXY???? Like it's VERY attractive to me.......NO?

No, you're not alone. He and Doom both share that quality IMO.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batsheva View Post

Namorario.jpg
    Ahhhh I love it! That splash page alone was worth the comic

*raises two hands* YASSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'm glad to see I've been totally wrong about this series. I got the first issue at my LCS and wasn't impressed but what I've seen here makes me want to get 2 & 3.
    Pak isn't pulling any punches with Namor, spoilers:
    there is a small portion of the comic where Namor was ambushed by the sirenas and Wave and he was captured and dehydrated. I think that was to allow the OG Agents of Atlas, New AoA and the sirenas a chance to talk and see where everyone was going to ally themsleves, but Namor got out of it easily with that last splash page
    end of spoilers

Oh no!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Well, Namor states part of the reason why Cho wasn't going to win in a straight up fight. He just isn't as ruthless as Namor, when it comes to protecting his people. And while it wasn't outright stated, it's sort of implied, and I wish more writers would acknowledge this -- Namor has the experience. He's pushing 100 now, isn't he? He fought in WWII. He's commanded armies. He's dealt with various antagonistic underwater groups and empires. He's survived the machinations of the Atlantean court and his grandfather for most of his life. Writers should give Namor far more credit as a fighter and strategist, instead of writing him just as an angry bruiser.

I don't know. It looks like Wave is going to attack Atlantis. I was ambivalent about this character, but after Atlantis Attacks 3, she's on my unimpressive list, and needs to go away. What an idiot.

Did the previous Agents of Atlas book explain the Atlantean dragon? Was it like Ikeda said, the dragon was attacking the coast?

Also, I skimmed the Aero back story with Wave. That's also why I'm unclear why Wave would support he Sirenas. They weren't exactly heroic there. I mean, Wave and Aero had to fight them.

My major question about the Sirenas and Pan are WHY are they at war with Atlantis? They are in the Pacific. Atlantis is in the Atlantic. There shouldn't be this history of antagonism. If their beef was going to be with anyone, it should be Lemuria or the Deviants. And their attack on Atlantis is going to be a slow one, that's for sure. Moving an army half way across the planet is going to draw attention.
    Writers definitely don't give Namor enough credit and do boil him down to "Mad Sea King" when he's so much more, but Pak highlights here that Namor is more ruthless to protect his people, Namora even said "It's his duty and his pleasure"

Which leads me to once again state that since he was young and showed Tha-korr how strong he could be Namor was groomed to be the first line of defense for Atlanteans, it's what he grew up with, learning how to command armies and be a ruler. So I feel that writers should totally highlight how smart he is more. Namor isn't like super genius smart like other characters, but he's expertise lies with things that would help benefit Atlantis. So I guess you could say he's Street (Sea) Smart. lol. Also he knows alot about languages, diplomacy and everything even if he does tend to punch first XD

As for the Sirenas you have to think of them as two groups because there was the Sirenas with the Queen who hated Atlantis and created Alontech that was turning people into water breather to make them warriors against Atlantis (Sea Hunter was their first and Wave was the most recent) then the Queen was mad because Sea Hunter and her lover the Sirena Carina fell in love and were leaving. Then a splinter group of Sirenas who worked with Sea Hunter, Carina (sirena scientist) and the city of Pan is the one that Wave joined because they told her Atlantis was always killing their people. Wave imo is inexperienced, the Sea Hunter and Carina saved her from the Queen and I think she feels she is indebted to them or sees herself as their protector? (The info here were in Aero #4-5 iirc)

So basically there's lots of conflicting interest and while I wish there is more focus on the Lemurians, I am glad at least there's some world expanding going on because we do need more ocean characters and it never made sense to me that there isn't hundreds of different groups of people in the seas like on the surface. As for the dragon, nothing is really explained before we know about the dragon in New Agents of Atlas, we only know that the dragon was stolen before hand in a plot with Ares's son.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Okay to explain how and why this situation makes sense I gotta explain Pan and it's ruler Nyugyen.

Pan is a tourist trap city created with portal technology. So it's a pocket dimension city connected to multiple cities across the planet. So one could use Pan to travel from New york to the Philippines in about 5 minutes. The whole city is very New Corporate 'Apple life' evil.

• Hunting Dragons
    • Interring Refugees
    • Framing and Bribing Heroes

Things that you know are bad, but they also conveniently spin or make into untenable situations. "We're not Hunting dragons, We're protecting them from Dragon Attacks."; "We're not interring refugees, we're providing asylum."; We're not bribing Heroes, we're offering them a well deserved salary." Pan is very set on turning a profit and making itself legally untouchable.

As for the dragon attack, they've said it was captured because it was attacking shorelines, however no actual damage was ever shown, and the only time it attacked anything was Atlantis, and only after it was mind controlled by Sirenas technology. Prior to that, it was an unknown hostage of the city of Pan.

As for the Sirenas, they're very obviously evil, but due to a couple of gambits, they made Wave and Aero(much less so) believe they were good guys. Essentially they were behind a tech corp (Alontech) that was experimenting on multiple humans to created a hydrokinetic warrior as well as multiple other weapons. So out right they'd proven to be willing to kidnap and experiment on people for weaponry, however when Aero and Wave meet them for the first time, they play a gambit where it seems like they're in a civil war to stop the 'evil side' of their nation.

So from the Wave's point of view she helped a peaceful people overthrow a ruthless dictator and is now helping them fight a ruthless tyrant in Namor. Aero however was always skeptical of how 'convenient' all the moving parts of the whole scenario was.
    Last edited by Woozie; 03-19-2020 at 02:46 PM.