Page 41 of 123 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batsheva View Post
    Thank you so much, Reviresco.
    Well, I do appreciate and always be grateful for the editors to trust me with such title, and at that time, I did all my best. But as you said, as time goes by, I try to improve not only in drawing but also in spending more time to find out about the characters more. Not just the surface, but what's beneath the skin. And I can learn so much about Namor from here. Also Greg wrote fantastic stories and from his script I get Namor's character. He's a very good writer that we can understand the characters just by reading the script. But yeah, I need to learn more and I want to potray Namor justice, so this thread has helped me to know him better.
    I think that's so cool that you consider the psychology of the character also. That's great inspiration, I imagine.

And yes, Greg Pak has written some great stuff, not just the Namor pieces. Though, of course, I especially enjoy his Namor stuff. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Tarot #4 preview is up! Some nice panels with amalgamated Namor / Hellstrom.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...eview-tarot-4/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Tarot #4 preview is up! Some nice panels with amalgamated Namor / Hellstrom.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...eview-tarot-4/
    This series has been so much fun. It would have been fantastic if Alan Davis would have drawn it, but we can't complain much Renaud is doing a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This series has been so much fun. It would have been fantastic if Alan Davis would have drawn it, but we can't complain much Renaud is doing a great job!
    I agree! A fun, but sadly overlooked, series.

Mighty Member

Well, the June solicits are out and as far as I can tell, we have ZERO Namor appearances.

So, very, very frustrating.
    Is the serpent crown adventure with Conan already over by then and the Avengers appearances seem to be a slow burning thing too, maybe he will still be part of the book.

Is the serpent crown adventure with Conan already over by then and the Avengers appearances seem to be a slow burning thing too, maybe he will still be part of the book.
    I think the final issue of the Conan Serpent Crown mini comes out in June, but it doesn't feature Namor. His issue will come out in May. Atlantis Attacks will be over by then.

I'm not looking forward to Namor getting trashed in the Avengers book, whenever Aaron gets back to that storyline, which will be a while. It took him, what? 22 issues to get back to him after introducing him in Avengers 9. Sadly, I think Namor is going to be in the same boat he was when Hickman was using Namor in New Avengers, and we'll have to wait until Aaron is finished with him before we get anything for Namor.

Mighty Member

This is probably a commission

And someone from the Bill Everett Facebook Group cleaned up the Sub-Mariner Special #2 cover into an image:
    Last edited by Thor-El; 03-22-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Those are great! I do love that Everett cover.

That commission looks like a cover recreation ... and by Ernie Chan! I remember him more as an inker, and mostly on Conan. Nice one!

Mighty Member

So when is the Alan Weiss Namor story coming out?

I believe in May.

MARVEL #3 (of 6)
    ALEX ROSS, STEVE DARNALL, ALAN WEISS, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, SCOTT GUSTAFSON, RYAN HESHKA (W)
    ALEX ROSS, ALAN WEISS, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, SCOTT GUSTAFSON, RYAN HESHKA (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    A quartet of visions of life throughout the Marvel Universe, curated by Alex Ross! Alan Weiss presents a lost tale of Namor the Sub-Mariner! The techno-organic Warlock lives again in a story by Bill Sienkiewicz! Scott Gustafson presents a look into the life of Rocket Raccoon! And the Golden Age Black Widow chooses a mate in a story by Ryan Heshka! All wrapped in an epic ongoing adventure by Alex Ross and Steve Darnall!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

We'll get this, an All Winners Squad appearances in Marvels #1, and the final issue of Atlantis Attacks in May.

Unless, of course, the pandemic shifts the publishing schedule, as has been rumored.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-23-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Mighty Member

I believe in May.

MARVEL #3 (of 6)
    ALEX ROSS, STEVE DARNALL, ALAN WEISS, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, SCOTT GUSTAFSON, RYAN HESHKA (W)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    A quartet of visions of life throughout the Marvel Universe, curated by Alex Ross! Alan Weiss presents a lost tale of Namor the Sub-Mariner! The techno-organic Warlock lives again in a story by Bill Sienkiewicz! Scott Gustafson presents a look into the life of Rocket Raccoon! And the Golden Age Black Widow chooses a mate in a story by Ryan Heshka! All wrapped in an epic ongoing adventure by Alex Ross and Steve Darnall!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

We'll get this, an All Winners Squad appearances in Marvels #1, and the final issue of Atlantis Attacks in May.

Unless, of course, the pandemic shifts the publishing schedule, as has been rumored.
    It seems like we get a banquet of Namor stories in May and then we fast in June. :P

Gail Simone must be bored. She has a Namor / Aquaman poll up.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...669506048?s=20

It always amazes me in these polls how ... well, let's just say there's some uninformed people posting.

However, Gail reveals her vote:

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone
    I gotta go with Namor. I hope to write him someday.

I like Aquaman, I have really loved a lot of his stories. But Namor is such a wonderful hardass and those are fun to write.
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...99313804636163

Imperius Wrecked you should retweet this CB and Brevroot and Marvel editorial.

I need to actually get on Twitter instead of lurking.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-23-2020 at 10:49 AM.

It seems like we get a banquet of Namor stories in May and then we fast in June. :P
    I'm thinking more of a tray of appetizers, and then the fast.

Reading Gail's tweet (and seeing all the other characters getting books in the June solicits), just makes me more wonder what editorial is thinking?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Gail Simone must be bored. She has a Namor / Aquaman poll up.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...669506048?s=20

It always amazes me in these polls how ... well, let's just say there's some uninformed people posting.

However, Gail reveals her vote:

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...99313804636163

Imperius Wrecked you should retweet this CB and Brevroot and Marvel editorial.

I need to actually get on Twitter instead of lurking.
    Oh I retweeted the poll earlier but I didn't see that tweet! thanks Rev, I will be retweeting it now and omg I would die if Gail got on a Namor book.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I believe in May.

MARVEL #3 (of 6)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

ALAN WEISS? IS DOING A NAMOR STORY?! AHHHHHH. I can't wait, a part of me hopes its that Sailor Namor page you posted about Rev!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis