Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1397
  1. #1066
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Kris Anka has said on his twitter one of the characters he would like a long run on is Namor! I, of course, would love it if Anka got this, so I'm trying to start an e-mail campain to show marvel that people would be interested in this. Join in if you would like to help out! Just send a quick e-mail to Marvel asking them to put Kris on a Namor solo at mheroes@marvel.com

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  2. #1067
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Kris Anka has said on his twitter one of the characters he would like a long run on is Namor! I, of course, would love it if Anka got this, so I'm trying to start an e-mail campain to show marvel that people would be interested in this. Join in if you would like to help out! Just send a quick e-mail to Marvel asking them to put Kris on a Namor solo at mheroes@marvel.com

    I love Anka's work on Runaways, esp Doombot and that retro outfit he gave him.

  3. #1068
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Atlantis Arena Wrestling the Mangog
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Just passing by as I've been hard at work in my real job and finishing my Namor fan fiction; 62 illustrations finished for the first part. I see our beloved Reviresco is still MIA. Thankfully IW is still here imparting the good gospel from time to time. Still looking forward to Namor next appearances in comics. Hopefully that Conan vs Namor is handled with respect to the character, same thing with his Avengers arc. Got a couple Namor staues that I've been wanting to have for the longest time, the Marvel Milestone and the Hard Hero, so I might post pictures later. Hope my fellow Atlanteans are staying safe. IMPERIUS REX!

  4. #1069
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    I love that Doombot look too Iron Maiden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Just passing by as I've been hard at work in my real job and finishing my Namor fan fiction; 62 illustrations finished for the first part. I see our beloved Reviresco is still MIA. Thankfully IW is still here imparting the good gospel from time to time. Still looking forward to Namor next appearances in comics. Hopefully that Conan vs Namor is handled with respect to the character, same thing with his Avengers arc. Got a couple Namor staues that I've been wanting to have for the longest time, the Marvel Milestone and the Hard Hero, so I might post pictures later. Hope my fellow Atlanteans are staying safe. IMPERIUS REX!
    Good to see you stop by Thor-El, and good luck with your project! I'm just holding down the fort until Rev comes back, hopefully soon. I hope you and everyone are doing well also. The latest news I know about Namor is that his next appearance is in Battle for the Serpent Crown #4 out on 8/19/2020, so I am looking forward to that.

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  5. #1070
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    A Chibi Namor art I had commissioned from Mel Uran!

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  6. #1071
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A Chibi Namor art I had commissioned from Mel Uran!

    That is fantastic!

  7. #1072
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Would any of you Namor fans like to see some Marvel heroine break up the Reed Richards-Susan Storm marriage and for Sue to finally end up with Namor?

  8. #1073
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    You again! Just kidding.

    Even I'm not enthusiastic for that. I like Namor seeing Sue as the voice of reason (that should be) of the surface world. I think their attraction is mutual, and very sensual, but they've both explored those limits. Sue really loves Reed and the children too much to ever leave just because . . . . Namor.

    And quite frankly I don't think Namor would/should ever be portrayed as working on breaking up their marriage. It would have to be a plot development of extreme means. Even when almost everyone thought Reed was dead (Defalco run) Sue didn't give up on thinking maybe not. Namor was pretty attracted to her (as usual) at that point. But he respected her feelings and wishes.

  9. #1074
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Would any of you Namor fans like to see some Marvel heroine break up the Reed Richards-Susan Storm marriage and for Sue to finally end up with Namor?
    Nah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You again! Just kidding.

    Even I'm not enthusiastic for that. I like Namor seeing Sue as the voice of reason (that should be) of the surface world. I think their attraction is mutual, and very sensual, but they've both explored those limits. Sue really loves Reed and the children too much to ever leave just because . . . . Namor.

    And quite frankly I don't think Namor would/should ever be portrayed as working on breaking up their marriage. It would have to be a plot development of extreme means. Even when almost everyone thought Reed was dead (Defalco run) Sue didn't give up on thinking maybe not. Namor was pretty attracted to her (as usual) at that point. But he respected her feelings and wishes.
    As Oberon has said, that ship has sailed. I don't object to the idea that Namor's not all that hung up on anybody else's view of what's proper, but he and Sue have both settled into a comfortable friendship with a bit of what-if-but-all-good-as-is. What's more, Namor's too proud to commit to anybody that that's conflicted about being with him v. someone else, and he feels too deeply about Sue to dally with her for a bit of fun. That's been the case almost from the beginning for those two.

    If you want to live out that fantasy, look at the story of Caspian the Beastman from Busiek's Astro City.

  10. #1075
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Would any of you Namor fans like to see some Marvel heroine break up the Reed Richards-Susan Storm marriage and for Sue to finally end up with Namor?
    No... they just aren't a good match IMO. Sue has gotten over Namor and you have to concede he was far too aggressive. Kidnapping is generally considered bad form in a courtship. Yeah, I know it's the silver age and all that. In any case I always liked him and Lady Dorma better. It's too bad Warrior Queen Dorma from Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet is dead. If she were to settle down a bit she would made a good queen for Namor. Or create a new Atlantean royal for Namor.

    The life style of the Atlanteans has been on the downturn for a while and I doubt there are any pampered members of the old royals around. If they are, they would have had to become like soldiers and not live the typical life of the elite.

    [

  11. #1076
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Is that Sue, underwater? I'm guessing that is the counter earth Dorma or whatever.

    I always wanted Namor to see something in Andromeda . . . but maybe that daughter of Attuma thing? Still that is what would make them a great pair.

  12. #1077
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    It might be a Canadian thing, but I'm still hoping for him and Marrina to get back together.

  13. #1078
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Is that Sue, underwater? I'm guessing that is the counter earth Dorma or whatever.

    I always wanted Namor to see something in Andromeda . . . but maybe that daughter of Attuma thing? Still that is what would make them a great pair.
    I didn't know Attuma has a daughter. Yes, this is Queen Dorma from Franklin's HR planet, sometimes called Counter Earth or Planet Doom when Victor was running it. IIRC Sue had some special breathing device from Reed that enabled her to breathe under water.

  14. #1079
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You again! Just kidding.

    Even I'm not enthusiastic for that. I like Namor seeing Sue as the voice of reason (that should be) of the surface world. I think their attraction is mutual, and very sensual, but they've both explored those limits. Sue really loves Reed and the children too much to ever leave just because . . . . Namor.

    And quite frankly I don't think Namor would/should ever be portrayed as working on breaking up their marriage. It would have to be a plot development of extreme means. Even when almost everyone thought Reed was dead (Defalco run) Sue didn't give up on thinking maybe not. Namor was pretty attracted to her (as usual) at that point. But he respected her feelings and wishes.
    .
    You just reminded me of may favorite event on the old IMDb forums. I posted a complaint about the first Fox film for casting Jessica Alba as Sue, as she was miscast as Sue. Most posters disagreed with me when I said that this life-long FF fan was boycotting the film. I then posted a like post when the 2nd Fox FF film came out and one poster responded with the line, "Oh no, not you again......."

  15. #1080
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That is fantastic!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Would any of you Namor fans like to see some Marvel heroine break up the Reed Richards-Susan Storm marriage and for Sue to finally end up with Namor?
    As others have said the ship has sailed off and sank imo. I personally don't like the idea of Sue and Namor ending up together, I would fine with it in another universe but not in the 616. Besides we all know that Marvel would never break up the Fantastic Four so whatever plot that happens will be undone the second its over.

    My choices for a potential love interest for Namor would be:
    1) Resurrect Lady Dorma and, give her more of her own personal backstory and let her be a bad ass warrior queen, we already know she is fearless now give her an updated look with armor as well.
    2.) MARRINA IS ALIVE AND SHE AND NAMOR HAVE NOT SPOKEN YET. Yes, I know that most people at Marvel don't care about tying up loose ends but it irks me that they had a big connection and sad ending only for them to act like its ok because she's alive now.
    3.) Andromeda would be an excellent choice plus you get to add in the drama of her being the daughter of Attuma, lol, imagine the family dinners. XD
    4. Emma Frost, if we are going to have a surface person for Namor to be paired up with I would choose her, they have great chemistry together and their personalities work really well together.
    5.) Valkyrie (og val not the jane foster one) I would love a new Defenders ongoing and for Val and Namor to have a romantic plot.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •