Page 101 of 123 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey everybody! <<waves hello>> After a hiatus, I am back. Having missed ya'll, I couldn't miss Namor's 100 page!
    Hey! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Probably for the best. That original Marvel Zombies series was a lot of fun, as was the Zombie Universe story arc from the Ultimate Fantastic Four book, but everything after that became increasingly awful.
    Yeah, I'm not much a fan of zombies, I feel like I've seen too many things out of that genre so like it doesn't interest me anymore.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Hey everybody! <<waves hello>> After a hiatus, I am back. Having missed ya'll, I couldn't miss Namor's 100 page!
    Always nice to see you pop up in this thread. Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix force and his name is Phoenixx9.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Good to see you back!

I'm so behind on everything, I keep missing stuff.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hey! Welcome back!
    Hi! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Always nice to see you pop up in this thread. Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix force and his name is Phoenixx9.
    Aw, thank you Buddy! What a Phenomenal Sentiment!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Good to see you back!

I'm so behind on everything, I keep missing stuff.
    Thank you, Rev! Good to be back!

I have A LOT of pages here to catch up on, lol!

Namor loses his (zombie) head in Marvel Zombies (2020) #3

I can't believe this. Such a waste. I mean, why even have the "contagion" head to Atlantis for this one page of both the Atlanteans and Namor getting trashed? The plot called for getting the heroes down into a basement. There was absolutely no need to have Namor or the Atlanteans involved with this. We didn't even get to see Atlantis. sigh.

Well, we got the Phillip Tan variant cover, and I guess we should be happy we get these crumbs, but I'm not so sure it was worth it, if it was only to see Leonard Kirk decapitate Namor, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Probably for the best. That original Marvel Zombies series was a lot of fun, as was the Zombie Universe story arc from the Ultimate Fantastic Four book, but everything after that became increasingly awful.
    Yeah, I'm not much a fan of zombies, I feel like I've seen too many things out of that genre so like it doesn't interest me anymore.
    Pretty much this. Not a fan of the zombie genre, and Marvel has run their take into the ground.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

They were out of this cover at the LCBS so I just scanned the issue. It does not appear Namor, or Ove, shows up, so I didn't buy it. However, they mention Ove several times, and he appears to be the main threat in this future world.

Also scanned the new Avengers issue, but no Namor. Which, given the writing in this book, was probably a good thing.

So, a disappointing Wednesday for me.

But look what brightened my day! Well, other than seeing Phoenix again.

KING IN BLACK: NAMOR #3 (OF 5)

Written by KURT BUSIEK

Art by BEN DEWEY & JONAS SCHARF

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

THE BLACK TIDE lay waste to all that lies before them, cutting a swath of devastation and death across the ocean floor. The only chance to stop them may lie with ATTUMA’s people — and if that fails, nothing stands between The Black Tide and Atlantis itself. A tragedy that will impact Atlantean history forever, and transform friendship into enmity. The secrets of THE KING IN BLACK are buried here.

Thank you, Rev! Good to be back!

I have A LOT of pages here to catch up on, lol!
    Me too! But I sort of gave up on catching up on the months I missed while I was away. The conversation just kept moving on!

Mighty Member

Love that Attuma is such an important part of this. Kurt Busiek usually has great ideas for these classic characters, can't wait to see what he does with him and Lady Dorma! And I'm still holding my hopes for Lord Vashti.

Aww, I missed you too! Seriously, we have the nicest people on this thread!

By the by, i love your masked Namor! Now, if only everyone else would wear theirs, we could get rid of this awful Corona!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Love that Attuma is such an important part of this. Kurt Busiek usually has great ideas for these classic characters, can't wait to see what he does with him and Lady Dorma! And I'm still holding my hopes for Lord Vashti.
    Agree.

I also love when they tie in some old characters/ideas/plots with new ones. It shows they know (or research) the character while also giving fans some of their favorites.

From Benjamin Dewey's Instagram -- the artist on the Busiek Namor King in Black book...

https://www.instagram.com/benjamindewey/

Dewey's Instagram reminds me how much I loved this team's Autumnlands. I think we are going to get an amazing visual experience, with oceans full of amazing sea life. Can. Not. Wait.

One thing I like about his designs for the Swift Riders is how different they are. Dewey portrays what looks like different ethnic or races of Atlanteans. Really interested in seeing these additions.

Been waiting SO long for expanded kingdoms and peoples of Atlantis.