Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm not sure if I posted this art here yet, but I really love the style

art by Mark Beachum

Nice! Beachum is talented, and this is an unusual pieces as he usually does cheesecake art. I remember seeing his ... bountiful Namorita piece. But I think he likes Namor too, as I've seen a couple of his Namor pieces. Here's one of my favorites by him.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nice! Beachum is talented, and this is an unusual pieces as he usually does cheesecake art. I remember seeing his ... bountiful Namorita piece. But I think he likes Namor too, as I've seen a couple of his Namor pieces. Here's one of my favorites by him.

Oh sorry Rev, I can't seem to see the art you posted. I don't think I've seen his Namora, but I'll give a search!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

3 days awayyyyyy! *flails arms in excitement*

Oh sorry Rev, I can't seem to see the art you posted. I don't think I've seen his Namora, but I'll give a search!
    Hmmmm. Really? It shows up with Firefox. No matter. Here's the link.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...72c5c87b37.jpg

3 days awayyyyyy! *flails arms in excitement*
    LOL!

Can't wait!!!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks Rev! This Marie Severin art was posted on instagram!

ANOTHER DAY UNTIL THE SERIES!!!

I wish I had gotten to meet Marie Severin before she passed.

A gorgeous piece of art! I think that belongs to the lucky Subby39, who occasionally posts some of his amazing Namor collection here.

ANOTHER DAY UNTIL THE SERIES!!!
    Work is going to be so difficult tomorrow, while I have to WAIT to pick up my copy of KiB Namor #1!!!!

I have a few Namor questions. Does Namor understand sea animals? Can he communicate with them without the mystic horn? Do they have an affinity for him? Can he get them to do his bidding?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-08-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Busiek said the comic series doesn't totally rely on the event AND I'M SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THAT. I hate events tbh and this series will work as a stand alone!!!

I wish I had gotten to meet Marie Severin before she passed.

A gorgeous piece of art! I think that belongs to the lucky Subby39, who occasionally posts some of his amazing Namor collection here.

Work is going to be so difficult tomorrow, while I have to WAIT to pick up my copy of KiB Namor #1!!!!
    I'm so excited, I can't wait to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have a few Namor questions. Does Namor understand sea animals? Can he communicate with them without the mystic horn? Do they have an affinity for him? Can he get them to do his bidding?
    He doesn't talk to them, but I think it was once said he could understand them on a lesser level? Like Namor is very good with animals, and so he is just like able to pick up on their cues, or if they are playing into his slight telepathic abilities then he might get emotions out of them. I don't have specific issues for my thoughts right now. However I do recall that Namor knew when a sea creature wasn't real, in Agents of Atlas 2009 iirc Namor knew the giant murder fish was a mental illusion and not a sea creature. Also in the comics its been shown he knows how to wrangle giaganto, and basically to me I feel Namor is just much better at dealing with sea creatures than people. However recently in the 2018 Avengers you see him command sharks. :/ which was used to attack stingray, so I didn't like that. But you do see him use a Kraken on the Roxxon ship too. Unsure if he had the horn at the time since it wasn't shown. I often feel the horn is used for bigger more deadly sea monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Sadly, it depends on who is writing him. There really isn't much consistency.

Yes, he's interacted with sea animals without the Horn of Proteus. The Horn seems to awake kaiju, and not have much to do with regular sea life, IIRC. And it seems to be more like the Pied Piper's pipe, rather than something that allows direct communication.

We've seen Namor seemingly talk to some mammals, like dolphins and whales.

We've seen Namor appear to be empathic to fish and rays, understanding basic 'emotions' like fear. Or gain a bit of co-operation.

We've also seen Namor having zero influence on sea life, like when Llyra sent leeches (???) after him. Or, of course, Orka attacking him with killer whales.

Busiek said the comic series doesn't totally rely on the event AND I'M SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THAT. I hate events tbh and this series will work as a stand alone!!!

I!! CAN!!! NOT!!!! WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pretty much felt that was what the mini-series was going to be, and the preview confirmed it for me. I like how LordRetail called it an "unknown tale" as didn't Busiek do a whole Spidey series about that?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Thanks so much for that, Busiek!

I LOVE THE COMIC!!! Not going into spoilers (yet) however I just wanted to say this is probably going to be the best creative team that we've had on a Namor book yet! Which is saying something because in the last couple of years we've had Namor in Invaders, Atlantis Attacks, and a few other cameos in comics, which have all had great people working on it. Honestly ten years between comic series is worth it now that have Busiek writing. Also the art from both parts, past and present, are simply gorgeous!

(Is it too hopeful to hope that Marvel spins this off into an ongoing series?)

I LOVE THE COMIC!!! Not going into spoilers (yet) however I just wanted to say this is probably going to be the best creative team that we've had on a Namor book yet! Which is saying something because in the last couple of years we've had Namor in Invaders, Atlantis Attacks, and a few other cameos in comics, which have all had great people working on it. Honestly ten years between comic series is worth it now that have Busiek writing. Also the art from both parts, past and present, are simply gorgeous!

(Is it too hopeful to hope that Marvel spins this off into an ongoing series?)

I couldn't wait till after work and had to go at lunchtime! LOL!

Of course, it was great to see a Namor book set in Atlantis! So much that made me happy!!! And I would be thrilled to see this team in an ongoing Namor book spinning out of this, though I think it unlikely, as most of these creators seem to have their own comics they are working on. That said, I can't agree. Even this isn't worth waiting over ten years... though if it were an ongoing...

I couldn't wait till after work and had to go at lunchtime! LOL!

Of course, it was great to see a Namor book set in Atlantis! So much that made me happy!!! And I would be thrilled to see this team in an ongoing Namor book spinning out of this, though I think it unlikely, as most of these creators seem to have their own comics they are working on. That said, I can't agree. Even this isn't worth waiting over ten years... though if it were an ongoing...
    I only wish we had more comics during the ten year gap that focused on Namor like this one comic did, I've only had to wait 6 years for a new series and had lots of old comics to fill my time with so I haven't felt the long wait was others did, and tbh I'm still catching up on comics! I don't know if you have seen this interview by Busiek yet?

Interview Link