Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1840

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Well a new Fantastic Four movie is going to be made in the future with the mcu, if they do put Namor in there (which I would not want, please give me a Defenders Namor or a Namor stand alone movie) then maybe we might get a solo? That's all I'm going to look forward to.
    I would feel cheated if the FF didn't have their role in Namor's presence in the world.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

MCU seems to be focusing on all the newer characters, there has also been rumors that a new T'challa will not be cast, and that Shuri will take over as BP but it's all rumors now. FF would be better than BP but you know how I feel about NamorSue �� I will keep hope that Doctor Strange 2 will be the key to Namor's appearance since they said it's all about the multiverse, so a small cameo of the King of Atlantis could easily be dropped there and picked up in a later movie? Although I'm still hoping Namor gets the proper treatment he deserves, I just feel it's best to temper excitment and stick with comics. Sorry Rev, I do hope you get to see an amazing Namor on the big screen (or a show) someday.
    Well, it is a bit short sighted of you to hate on Namor Sue so much, as it is an important part of the story, whether you like it or not.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would feel cheated if the FF didn't have their role in Namor's presence in the world.
    If he is to be introduced in the films, it would have to be as a full co-star. I don't see Namor being the B-story. Also, if the producers want to leave room for him to "eventually" be a hero/anti-hero, they have to carefully approach any aggression on his part. Flooding/killing dozens of people can't just be swept under the rug, for example. (Well, it's done in comics all the time, but I'm not a fan of it at all).

I'm also wondering if someone is cheeky enough to go with the angle of Namor starting off as a creepy film studio executive (remember that story? And this time maybe he's interested in an "Avengers movie", too, not just the FF), have some meta-commentary, and have that as his initial "quiet" introduction, with a full revelation of his identity in a future project.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If he is to be introduced in the films, it would have to be as a full co-star. I don't see Namor being the B-story. Also, if the producers want to leave room for him to "eventually" be a hero/anti-hero, they have to carefully approach any aggression on his part. Flooding/killing dozens of people can't just be swept under the rug, for example. (Well, it's done in comics all the time, but I'm not a fan of it at all).

I'm also wondering if someone is cheeky enough to go with the angle of Namor starting off as a creepy film studio executive (remember that story? And this time maybe he's interested in an "Avengers movie", too, not just the FF), have some meta-commentary, and have that as his initial "quiet" introduction, with a full revelation of his identity in a future project.
    Marvel is clever enough to seed things. Maybe the idea about suspicious volcanoes underwater, whatever would pan out. But I sort of see Namor and / or the concept of Atlanteans and perhaps some overview of "previous super beings" looked at in Eternals. More lip service, but if they cover the WW2 era in this fashion, they could hint that there was more to it than just Cap and Bucky; ie the Invaders.

I think Namor being an anti hero is the only way to go and that involves some times doing the wrong thing, like kidnapping the damsel. But realistically I expect Sue to be more like Sue in the comics during Hickman's run; eye rolls, get out of my lane, Namor - and any semblance of that storyline would be in the future - if ever.

I'm not against Namor being in a better/original Defenders but I think that should spring from/after Ff - Silver Surfer doesn't come to Earth and therefore Defenders until after FF fight Galacuts.

Marvel is likely to change many of my hopes or cherished concepts. I sort of resent that Pym and Janet weren't original Avengers. "Let's call it the Avengers" I believe she said.

And I think Doom has to be Namor's partner in crime somehow. This could be altered. Maybe Doom finds Namor before Johnny?

I just want some following of the plots as they were.
    ~ Oberon ~

While I would love an Invaders movie (with Namor of course!) and even seeing Namor in an Avengers movie, I would love to see Namor first appear in an OG Defenders movie!

My ideas is Namor can think back to the War and "other heroes long past" as well as "more recent friends" (meaning the Avengers) while with the Defenders. He can think how nice it is to have dependable teammates once again and not be alone. Maybe even have some short cutaway scenes of these others. This lays the groundwork for an Invaders movie as well as Namor in Avengers, but in a reverse order which can be fun and different!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Well, it is a bit short sighted of you to hate on Namor Sue so much, as it is an important part of the story, whether you like it or not.
    Sorry but I just can't stand it, and I don't think it's short sighted seeing as I've read many comics that included and exclude NamorSue and find I pefer it far better when Sue isn't in the picture. I dislike how Namor is constantly treated like trash by the writers to prop up SueReed, and how Namor is used as a prop to either 1) bring drama to their marriage, 2) save their marriage. How Namor is never given his own love interest that lasts because once again he must be held on the back burner in case Marvel decides to revive yet another love triangle. I also dislike how different writers make Namor when it comes to Sue vs Namor and other women.

However if other people like NamorSue, that's fine and I honestly don't care but I personally cannot stand to see Namor used like that when he should have his own love interest.

Edit to add: It's not that I hate NamorSue as a friendship, I actually would love if they showed them as friends more.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-12-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I personally feel as though Namor could pull off a movie without the Fantastic Four, in all their issues Namor does not actually appear all that often compared to some of the Fantastic Four's other adversaries. I wouldn't mind if we got a Johnny finds Namor scene and also a Doom and Namor team up, or if Namor vs the Fantastic Four was handled right, however I feel you could drop Namor into the Defenders and it would be much more interesting seeing as he would be a team member and not the "bad guy", so I definitely want an Anti Hero Namor in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

lol, that would be a bold move. I would like if Namor came out swinging with his war on humanity being due to Roxxon hurting the oceans or something, however there is lots of angles the mcu could take of course.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 12-12-2020 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Sorry for the short notice, but I don't check Comixology regularly. Maybe I should. ;p

Anyway, it appears the Invaders trades are on sale at Comixology. You can get the first six issues of the Zdarsky trade for the price of one comic! Most of the runs, including Classic, the Alex Ross stuff, and Robinson's run.

Supposed to end tomorrow night, I think. 12/13

Comixology Invaders sale
    Thanks for letting us know Rev!

Mighty Member

I agree the Namor/Sue/Reed romantic triangle is important and I don't oppose to it, I would expect Marvel to use it as it was very interesting while Reed and Sue were dating. If the MCU Fantastic Four starts with an unmarried Sue I'm all for it. But if they start already married I don't want it, even worst if they start with Franklin already born. Namor as a family wrecker, no please!

And if they go with the triangle I must have the crazy jealous Dorma shooting Sue out the submarine airlock scene!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I agree the Namor/Sue/Reed romantic triangle is important and I don't oppose to it, I would expect Marvel to use it as it was very interesting while Reed and Sue were dating. If the MCU Fantastic Four starts with an unmarried Sue I'm all for it. But if they start already married I don't want it, even worst if they start with Franklin already born. Namor as a family wrecker, no please!

And if they go with the triangle I must have the crazy jealous Dorma shooting Sue out the submarine airlock scene!
    Hey Thor-El! Glad to see you back on here. I missed ya!

Yeah, no to Namor being a home-wrecker. Besides, we already had Namor help the FF patch up their marriage a long time ago. No need to re-use that idea, and subvert it.

Writers today need to use their imagination and write new stories!!

Namor's got to be over 100 years old right? I was just going over the History of the Marvel Universe and there is a page highlighting Namor, Steve Roger and Eric Brooks

5.jpg

Steve Rogers is 102 years old

Blade is 98 years old

I'm guessing Namor is 104? is that right?

I know Wolverine is 130+
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Namor's got to be over 100 years old right? I was just going over the History of the Marvel Universe and there is a page highlighting Namor, Steve Roger and Eric Brooks

5.jpg

Blade is 98 years old

I know Wolverine is 130+
    If we go by Namor's superhero registration card birth date 2/22/1922 then it would mean Namor is 98 as of 2020. We know in 1920 McKenzie sails for and arrives in the south Antarctic waters, possibly late in the year, and if Fen spent weeks/months spying/falling in love/marrying etc. and then becoming pregnant with Namor in 1921 then the 1922 date makes sense. However the time frame is very vague.

8cb6cce0-b556-457b-9805-b5a3c9bafa90.jpg

Yeah, I definitely don't want "homewrecker namor" to be in the movies, and just basing this one off of rumors: it's being said origin of the FF will be skipped and they will already be heroes possibly from another timeline.
    However until its confirmed by Marvel I don't believe anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

5.jpg

Blade is 98 years old

I know Wolverine is 130+
    If we go by Namor's superhero registration card birth date 2/22/1922 then it would mean Namor is 98 as of 2020. We know in 1920 McKenzie sails for and arrives in the south Antarctic waters, possibly late in the year, and if Fen spent weeks/months spying/falling in love/marrying etc. and then becoming pregnant with Namor in 1921 then the 1922 date makes sense. However the time frame is very vague.

Back in the "old" Marvel days, I always had Namor's birth year pegged as between 1920 and 1922. I think more recently they pinpointed it to 1922 which is perfectly acceptable. I like the 02/22/1922 date!

I thought 1920 was also the birthyear for these characters: Prof X, Black Widow (Natasha), Magneto and Captain America?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Back in the "old" Marvel days, I always had Namor's birth year pegged as between 1920 and 1922. I think more recently they pinpointed it to 1922 which is perfectly acceptable. I like the 02/22/1922 date!

I thought 1920 was also the birthyear for these characters: Prof X, Black Widow (Natasha), Magneto and Captain America?
    Not sure about those other characters. The sliding timeline has played havok with some of these characters.

Ah, didn't realize this was in here also.

Yes, the date that we've seen on panel, repeatedly is that the Oracle arrived in the Antarctic in 1920. Given that winter would trap and crush ships in ice, and the Antarctic winters run from March to October, and the early expeditions usually started around October or November, it makes sense that the Oracle would have arrived in the last months of 1920, i.e. the beginning of summer. That means that Namor would have had to be born in 1921 at the earliest, which would go along with what Roy Thomas wrote in Saga of Sub-Mariner, i.e. Namor was born Christmas. Depending on how long Fen was on the ship, Atlantean gestation length, and if the expedition over wintered, which I sort of doubt, he could have been born in 1922, as the registration card said.

The important consideration, IMO, is how old that would have made Namor when he first visited New York. I think, if I'm doing the math correctly, either way, he'd have been 17. Which explains alot about Namor's first appearance in NYC.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-14-2020 at 03:18 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?