Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Speaking of preparing .... A green eyed RANT follows below.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Last warning! You are entering the Whine Zone!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Marvel's Man-Thing Gets New Series, Variant Covers for 50th Anniversary

WTF?!?!?!

We can't even get Marvel to acknowledge any of their first superhero's anniversaries, NAMOR, and MAN-THING is getting an ongoing?!?! Anniversary variant covers across the line??? A freaking 50th Anniversary LOGO?!?!?

He's even getting a solid creative team. Look at that art!

I'm so mad. I don't understand it. If this means Man-Thing is getting an MCU show, my head will explode. WTF??? You can't do anything with Namor because of Aquaman, but Man-Thing is getting a push, despite DC's Swamp Thing???

This better be the last of 2020 Dumpster Fire Year, and not a sign of what 2021 is going to look like for Namor fans.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Something to make me feel better about the Man-Thing news ... a preview of next week's Alan Weiss story in Marvel #3!!!

And yes, judging from the outfit in the first panels, it appears the unpublished Pop Eye pages by Weiss have something to do with this.

From AIPT

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/18/ma...view-marvel-3/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, we knew it was coming. And Wolverine is Aaron's favorite, and we've already seen him push the Wolverine Phoenix in previous issues. Just prepare for the jobbery.

I enjoyed the Giant Sized X-men issue they did in the same format. It was disjointed, of course, but the point was to showcase a variety of artists doing iconic pages, and it succeeded at that. I'm definitely getting this, especially since there are Namor pages!!!
    But then why have non Phoenix Namor dominate all the Avengers at the beginning of the story to make him loose against just Wolverine??! Doesn't makes any sense and that's why comics today are garbage many of them. And that's why I'm so happy reading my Marvel Masterworks.

By the way Comixology has a huge Masterworks sale going on until January 3rd. All Masterworks for $1 and $2!!! Including the recently released Atlas era golden age Sub-mariner volume! I picked up all three Atlas Era volumes (Human Torch and Cap) and a bunch of Thor's!

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=36428&lang=1

Mighty Member

Something to make me feel better about the Man-Thing news ... a preview of next week's Alan Weiss story in Marvel #3!!!

And yes, judging from the outfit in the first panels, it appears the unpublished Pop Eye pages by Weiss have something to do with this.

From AIPT

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/18/ma...view-marvel-3/
    I hear you about Man-Thing and agree! This Alan Weiss story looks very good! Looking forward to it!

For all of you Man-Thing lovers.....

spoiler:
    SPOILER if you read below.....

...........Beware! Boy-Thing is coming!
    end of spoiler:
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-20-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

spoiler:

Ha, ha, ha! Tell me this is a joke!

Incredible Member

Actually, there was a mini version of Man-Thing called Boy-Thing that was a companion of Blade during the Vampire War arc. I love Namor by the way, but I also love Man-Thing. No reason they both can't have new books. They don't really attract the same audience anyway. No need to get upset over a new horror comic. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully Namor's time will come soon. He and Hank Pym seem to get pretty poor treatment from a lot of writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    No, I think this is for real! I laughed so hard when I hard about it recently.

WARNING! More whining!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Last warning! You are entering the Whine Zone!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Actually, there was a mini version of Man-Thing called Boy-Thing that was a companion of Blade during the Vampire War arc. I love Namor by the way, but I also love Man-Thing. No reason they both can't have new books. They don't really attract the same audience anyway. No need to get upset over a new horror comic. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully Namor's time will come soon. He and Hank Pym seem to get pretty poor treatment from a lot of writers.
    Really? If there is NO reason why Namor can't have an ongoing, then why don't we have one? Why haven't we had one for the last ten years?!

Why haven't we gotten a line wide anniversary variant cover initiative, like Man-Thing, or Spider-Woman? Or Venom, or Captain Marvel, or Black Panther, or the Inhumans. I understand when they do it for the big guns like FF and Cap and the X-Men, but freaking Conan!! A character that hasn't even been at Marvel for decades! Or now, MAN-THING??? WTF?

I'm glad you can be hopeful about Namor getting the SAME treatment that these other characters are getting on their anniversaries and chances at ongoings, but I've been waiting for TEN YEARS. How much longer am I supposed to be hopeful, while every other character cuts in front of my favorite? Cause in that time (actually longer), I haven't seen Marvel showing the least interest in honoring their first superhero, much less supporting the character with his own book.

I'm sorry to be so negative and bitter, but I'm TIRED. And I'm OLD. I'd like to enjoy a Namor ongoing and his MCU debut before I die. I'm tired of seeing DC supporting their Namor analogs, stealing his stuff, and making big bucks off them, while Marvel acts like they've never heard of their seminal character. Of course, there's nothing I can do, except complain, so that's what I'm doing.

FYI, I don't hate Man-Thing. I'm sure whatever fans he has (they don't post here) are happy. But as a Namor fan, I'm sick and tired of my favorite character being treated like crap and being lied to and told he can't support a book, while Marvel pushes their arbitrary favorites (that have worse track records), with multiple chances at ongoings, variant covers, anniversary celebrations, etc.

I hear you about Man-Thing and agree!
    Yep. I knew you'd understand where I was coming from.

spoiler:

...........Beware! Boy-Thing is coming!
    end of spoiler:

No, I think this is for real! I laughed so hard when I hard about it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Actually, there was a mini version of Man-Thing called Boy-Thing that was a companion of Blade during the Vampire War arc.
    Yeah, I remember seeing that mess when I was scanning Aaron's Avengers waiting for him to get back to Namor. It was kind of ... disturbing, cause he was using him as ammunition, IIRC. Boy-Thing shooting 'stakes' made from his flesh, IIRC.

You know, that's probably why Man-Thing is getting a book and this push. He's probably going to show up in the Blade movie. Oh joy.

But then why have non Phoenix Namor dominate all the Avengers at the beginning of the story to make him loose against just Wolverine??! Doesn't makes any sense and that's why comics today are garbage many of them. And that's why I'm so happy reading my Marvel Masterworks.

By the way Comixology has a huge Masterworks sale going on until January 3rd. All Masterworks for $1 and $2!!! Including the recently released Atlas era golden age Sub-mariner volume! I picked up all three Atlas Era volumes (Human Torch and Cap) and a bunch of Thor's!

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=36428&lang=1
    Awesome sale! Need to check what I have. I think I'm missing one of those Atlas Heroes books.

I honestly do not know what Jason Aaron is doing in Avengers. It's ... not good. IIRC there was something about the Atlantis Trials in one of those "things to come" spreads, but who knows if we'll ever see it? Aaron also hinted that Namor would be one of the prehistoric Avengers in ... Thor, I think, but we see that didn't happen. And he was supposed to play a role in his Thor run, again, according to one of his "things to come" spreads, and that never happened. To be honest, I might be just as happy for Namor NOT to be used by Aaron if he's going to abuse him like this.

This Alan Weiss story looks very good! Looking forward to it!
    Me too! I think it's kind of neat how they are using this unpublished story.

Mighty Member

Awesome sale! Need to check what I have. I think I'm missing one of those Atlas Heroes books.
    That sale made it finally really feel like Christmas for this old comic nerd!

I honestly do not know what Jason Aaron is doing in Avengers. It's ... not good. IIRC there was something about the Atlantis Trials in one of those "things to come" spreads, but who knows if we'll ever see it? Aaron also hinted that Namor would be one of the prehistoric Avengers in ... Thor, I think, but we see that didn't happen. And he was supposed to play a role in his Thor run, again, according to one of his "things to come" spreads, and that never happened. To be honest, I might be just as happy for Namor NOT to be used by Aaron if he's going to abuse him like this.

Me too! I think it's kind of neat how they are using this unpublished story.
    Maybe somebody at editorial hates the character. I also can't believe Marvel didn't sue and let DC change Aquaman so drastically into a Namor clone from the 90s. They also practically stole Namor's first Tales to Astonish story for the big screen! I still shake my head! Aquaman was created as the son of an undersea explorer, he was 100% human and his powers were acquired by his father exploring an undersea city and he being exposed to this city as a kid, he could only breathe under water for an hour. Through the decades he has copied more and more things from Namor but look and personality was at least different until the movie.

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-20-2020 at 04:50 PM.

This is gold! Love this too!
    I LOVE it as well, Thor-El (especially the cover):

I!! CAN!!! NOT!!!! WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pretty much felt that was what the mini-series was going to be, and the preview confirmed it for me. I like how LordRetail called it an "unknown tale" as didn't Busiek do a whole Spidey series about that?
    The "unknown series starring Spidey" was called Untold Tales of Spider-Man, which is highly recommended (IMHO):

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Beautiful! I need to finally get this series! So much stuff I need to read, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

The "unknown series starring Spidey" was called Untold Tales of Spider-Man, which is highly recommended (IMHO):

Yep, that's it! And the untold Spidey tale with Namor was fun ... though it involved a misunderstanding with Sue. LOL!

Beautiful! I need to finally get this series! So much stuff I need to read, so little time!
    That whole Thor the Mighty Avenger series was great! It wasn't in continuity, per se, but it was a fun story with Jane and Thor going through the Marvel universe. Very heartwarming. If you get a physical copy of the trade, be careful, cause one version is in the digest format, which is smaller -- and I don't care for it at all. But there's a trade paperback version that has the complete series and it's full sized. Or you could just hunt down the individual comics.