Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Hope everyone had a good and safe Christmas! I missed out doing anything Namor related, sadly.

But tomorrow is the day! And here's a preview for King in Black Namor #2! Accompany the Swift Tide and Namor and Lady Dorma and Attuma on their Kicking Butt Tour to the northern reaches of the Atlantic.

The rest of the pages are at AIPT here:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/28/ma...black-namor-2/

I thought there was going to be a variant cover, but I can't find it.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-29-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! Yes, it sounds like Namor's arena, environmental issues and dolphin protection.

But given how Marvel treats Namor, I wouldn't be surprised if Brute Force made it to the MCU before Namor. My friend was teasing me about the Armor Wars show and since the comic had Stingray, he said Namor would appear in Season 3 of Stingray's show.
    wow what was... Marvel is doing shorts based on random concepts now? Curious. Wish they'd do more for characters that have either rarely or never been seen in animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    wow what was... Marvel is doing shorts based on random concepts now? Curious. Wish they'd do more for characters that have either rarely or never been seen in animation.
    No, this was actually a comic book, based on a toy line, but an actual comic. It wasn't an animated show or anything, IIRC, until the guy who is doing Marvel 616 documentaries for Disney Plus had this done. At least I think that's the case.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Proje...ce_(Earth-616)

https://screenrant.com/marvel-brute-...mic-wolverine/
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-29-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Forgot this was coming out tomorrow too!

If you didn't pick up the floppies or the two trades, you can supposedly buy this wonderful oversized hardcover that collects ALL the Zdarsky issues, including the Namor Best Defense issue he and Carlos Magno did.

ALWAYS AND INVADER

The greatest generation of Marvel heroes is back - to stop one of their own! Namor the Sub-Mariner, monarch of Atlantis, has once again declared war on the surface world - and this time he means to win at any cost! But he won't find allies in Captain America, the Human Torch and the Winter Soldier. All three fought by Namor's side in World War II as the Invaders, but now they stand as enemies! Namor's deadly plans are as far-reaching as the ocean, and it's up to the Invaders to stop him - but what chance do they have against a former ally who knows all their wartime strategies and fighting tactics? Namor's secret history is revealed, the Torch is transformed - and the world is forever changed. But can Namor possibly be redeemed? Collecting NAMOR: THE BEST DEFENSE and INVADERS (2019) #1-12. Rated T+

Comes in two covers, so your choice of Alex Ross or Skottie Young!

Well, my store said they must have moved the date on the oversized Invaders book, cause they have it listed as January 6 now. DISAPPOINTED.

However, I took advantage of the holiday sale ($55 for an entire year!), and signed up for Marvel Unlimited. I'm hoping to do a lot of reading next year!!!

Holy cow. With one panel exception, Avengers 40 was a stupid and ignorant portrayal of Namor.

I'm so glad that we got Busiek's KiB Namor book today, otherwise I'd be focused on polite ways to say, "This sucks!" on the Avengers book.

I mean, seriously. Why do these writers completely ignore that Namor is super strong and that he can FLY. And hey, when he's near the ocean, he can also BREATHE WATER. You know who can't swim or breathe water or is super strong? Wolverine. Captain America. I hate to be right on this sort of thing, but it's exactly what I expected from Jason Aaron. Namor fans can except nothing but sheer jobbery in this mess.

KiB Namor #2 had some solid world building, reaffirming Stuart Moore's work. Very happy to have this book to read.

Avengers 40 was garbage. I don't really want to say current Marvel is complete trash, but they're almost forcing me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Holy cow. With one panel exception, Avengers 40 was a stupid and ignorant portrayal of Namor.

I'm so glad that we got Busiek's KiB Namor book today, otherwise I'd be focused on polite ways to say, "This sucks!" on the Avengers book.

I mean, seriously. Why do these writers completely ignore that Namor is super strong and that he can FLY. And hey, when he's near the ocean, he can also BREATHE WATER. You know who can't swim or breathe water or is super strong? Wolverine. Captain America. I hate to be right on this sort of thing, but it's exactly what I expected from Jason Aaron. Namor fans can except nothing but sheer jobbery in this mess.

KiB Namor #2 had some solid world building, reaffirming Stuart Moore's work. Very happy to have this book to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Avengers 40 was garbage. I don't really want to say current Marvel is complete trash, but they're almost forcing me to.
    Wow, I was hoping for better. They still cannot get Namor right? More's the pity.

Isn't this the beginning of "Enter the Phoenix" arc in the Avengers?

I agree Rev that all writers should know the characters and powers they are writing, especially one such as Namor who is one of the founding/longstanding Marvel characters.

The surprising thing about this run was that Namor was portrayed as being very strong in the second arc. Wrecked Sting Ray. Brushed off all the Avengers attacks. I thought there was going to be a plot line around Namor getting a power up. He blocks Thor and Ironman's attacks with ease. Headbuts Captain Marvel back and no sells a She-Hulk bomb. I forget what happened when the Defenders of the Deep fought with the Russians team later on that same arc, but I don't think he got embarrassed.

I know that first encounter was underwater, but still Namor's super strong out of water.

In todays issue:
    spoilers:
    Cap was just pinning him with his shield right? I need to reread the comic I guess. Did Wolverine just slash him or did he overpower him too?
    end of spoilers

it's a confusing portrayal
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The surprising thing about this run was that Namor was portrayed as being very strong in the second arc. Wrecked Sting Ray. Brushed off all the Avengers attacks. I thought there was going to be a plot line around Namor getting a power up. He blocks Thor and Ironman's attacks with ease. Headbuts Captain Marvel back and no sells a She-Hulk bomb. I forget what happened when the Defenders of the Deep fought with the Russians team later on that same arc, but I don't think he got embarrassed.

I know that first encounter was underwater, but still Namor's super strong out of water.

In todays issue:
    spoilers:
    Cap was just pinning him with his shield right? I need to reread the comic I guess. Did Wolverine just slash him or did he overpower him too?
    end of spoilers

it's a confusing portrayal
    Yep. ZERO consistency, or explanations. We never got an explanation for anything Namor did in his first showing, like beating up Stingray or teaming up with the murderer of his father, Tigershark. Why were his eyes completely black? Why was he wearing that new costume? Who are these people on the Defenders of the Deep? Why did he seem to be even more powerful than usual? And if you didn't read Zdarsky's Invaders, you wouldn't know why Namor suddenly had hydrokinesis.

And yes, you are right. Cap appeared to be holding Namor down with his shield, and not even paying attention to him. He was looking at the Phoenix. And we also had Cap and Wolverine literally holding Namor away from the Phoenix. Seriously. HOW is that possible??? Not to mention, Namor couldn't just FLY over to the Phoenix with those two guys hanging off. He could just LEAP into the ocean with those two guys hanging on him and drown them. And he's FASTER than both of them. He can whirl fast enough to become a human drill or make whirlpools. And he just yanked T'challa off the shore and threw him into the ocean. How is having a problem lifting Cap and Wolverine???

And let's not even get into the whole 'calling the Phoenix.' Namor hated that experience. And if he didn't call the Phoenix during the Incursions, he's certainly NOT going to call the Phoenix on the advice of some seedy underwater bartender -- which is yet another thing I'm trying to forget.

THIS. WAS. SO. VERY. STUPID.