Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Found this on twitter. lol. link

Namor: Don't toot!

Doom: FOOL, Doom does not toot! *plays epic sax music*
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I was just rereading the time Namor went to see Red Raven and Namor was so prepared this time with his waterproof suitcase full of clothes so he wouldn't have to steal them when he got to the surface XD

That's a first. Usually he's hitting the trash cans or stealing from stores. LOL!

I really do miss Namor in his speedo, it's just so tiring to see him in clothes all the time, I don't mind for some of the time.

But when you look at all the heroes in this other panel you can just see Namor stand out in his look while you have to search for other characters. If he was in the black diving suit he would blend in more.

Avengers #502

I agree 200%. Not only does he stand out, he looks ten times more powerful, IMO.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Found this on twitter. lol. link

Namor: Don't toot!

Doom: FOOL, Doom does not toot! *plays epic sax music*
    LOL! I needed that this morning. I think this might be the most quoted Namor Doom panel ever.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Newest Namor movie rumor: Doctor Strange 2.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2...aracter-namor/

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I keep trying to not get my hopes up but I really do want them to do Namor justice in a movie, and I don't really trust the MCU since they love to change things up to make it fit into their world. But Namor showing up in Doctor Strange is so much better than him in a Black Panther movie. Maybe this might mean we could get a solo series out of this! (which is all I really want)
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

You don't see it but I'm doing my happy dance! Ha, ha, ha! I totally believe it! Plus I was having an Instagram conversation with an artist that worked on Endgame about a Namor he digitally sculpted and he let it slip that he heard they were having trouble casting Namor.

I wholeheartedly agree about the Namor/speedo issue, I've always said less is more and the less clothing the Prince wears, the better imho
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Mighty Member

But when you look at all the heroes in this other panel you can just see Namor stand out in his look while you have to search for other characters. If he was in the black diving suit he would blend in more.

Avengers #502

Yes, you are absolutely right and this is a great example of why this is his BEST look. Other than making his eyebrows and ears more prominent and drawing the hair less like hair and more like Buscema does in his classic cover from Subby #1 you can't improve much on this.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-03-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    You don't see it but I'm doing my happy dance! Ha, ha, ha! I totally believe it! Plus I was having an Instagram conversation with an artist that worked on Endgame about a Namor he digitally sculpted and he let it slip that he heard they were having trouble casting Namor.

Of course, Namor is difficult to cast. I've always said that. And that is the most crucial thing about the role. If they don't the actor right, nothing else is going to matter.

I also heard that some big name star turned Marvel down. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-03-2020 at 06:00 PM.

I keep trying to not get my hopes up but I really do want them to do Namor justice in a movie, and I don't really trust the MCU since they love to change things up to make it fit into their world. But Namor showing up in Doctor Strange is so much better than him in a Black Panther movie. Maybe this might mean we could get a solo series out of this! (which is all I really want)
    I have long said that only Namor can replace Stark for sheer snark value.

THIS! If it is true, we surely will get a solo. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree about the Namor/speedo issue, I've always said less is more and the less clothing the Prince wears, the better imho
    It is just iconic for Namor. He just doesn't look right in many of those costumes.

I still think Luke Evans should portray Namor, and he has risen pretty steadily with the success of Beauty & the Beast and has had an album release.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

That's a first. Usually he's hitting the trash cans or stealing from stores. LOL!

I agree 200%. Not only does he stand out, he looks ten times more powerful, IMO.
    I love the slightly wet looking hair. Usually, it looks totally dry coming out of the water.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Page from Marvel Mystery Comics #5 (March, 1940), which I suspect was part of an attempt by Martin Goodman to morph Namor into a more "traditional superhero."

Last edited by Electricmastro; 01-03-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Of course, Namor is difficult to cast. I've always said that. And that is the most crucial thing about the role. If they don't the actor right, nothing else is going to matter.

I also heard that some big name star turned Marvel down. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    Ha, ha, ha, those gifs display perfectly how I imagined your reaction over the possibility we finally getting Namor on the MCU!