Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

If Namor is really coming to the movies then you can find me screaming out of my windows, my neighbors will be terribly confused. XD
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

So, what books do you guys want to see Namor in? Just a solo book or something else?

I think Chip Zdarsky wrote a good Namor, so I’d like to see him write Namor again. There were rumors of Namor getting an X-Men related book, I think that’d be pretty cool.

I also liked his connection in Avengers, so I’d like to see him appear in a Fantastic Four story or another Avengers book.

Invaders was really good and set up some interesting things for him.

I would like to see Namor shown as having connections to many in the MU, which he does have, cultivated over the decades. Namor does not always need to be around all of these characters or always a part of a team, but we should see connections and just how far-reaching they are: Avengers, Defenders, FF, X-Men, and so on.

Really nice Avatar, KangMiRae!

AHHHHHH! Movie rumors are cranking up but this article seems to be very sure about movie rights of Hulk and Namor being fully back with Marvel. link

they better not make him a villain

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    So, what books do you guys want to see Namor in? Just a solo book or something else?

I think Chip Zdarsky wrote a good Namor, so I’d like to see him write Namor again. There were rumors of Namor getting an X-Men related book, I think that’d be pretty cool.

I also liked his connection in Avengers, so I’d like to see him appear in a Fantastic Four story or another Avengers book.

Namor needs a solo book, lately he is just book hopping and was in avengers, defenders, xmen red, and invaders all in the last few years and it doesn't help his character to only be used and thrown away. He needs his own solo to get back on his feet but if I had to chose a team book I would go with Defenders or Invaders.

Please namor come back!!!!

I wonder how they worked it out? Just paid them out or maybe they can use him but as a supporting character or on Disney+ Only.

Oh my gosh imagine a Disney+ Namor series!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I wonder how they worked it out? Just paid them out or maybe they can use him but as a supporting character or on Disney+ Only.

I would love that!!! A series where we have episodes and seasons to really get into the character would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would like to see Namor shown as having connections to many in the MU, which he does have, cultivated over the decades. Namor does not always need to be around all of these characters or always a part of a team, but we should see connections and just how far-reaching they are: Avengers, Defenders, FF, X-Men, and so on.
    I agree, he's one of the oldest characters with tons of potential, so it'd be nice if he had presence around the MU. But at the same time, like ImpreiusWrecked said, I don't want him to just be a thrown in character. He should have the lead in one of these books.

Thanks! But I've changed my avatar, like, 4 times within the span of 10 minutes so I don't know which one exactly you liked!

Thanks! But I've changed my avatar, like, 4 times within the span of 10 minutes so I don't know which one exactly you liked!
    The beautiful side-view close-up of Diana's face.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-may-have-hulk-namor-rights/

Marvel may have finally secured the full film rights to Namor.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHHHHH! Movie rumors are cranking up but this article seems to be very sure about movie rights of Hulk and Namor being fully back with Marvel. link

they better not make him a villain
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-may-have-hulk-namor-rights/

Marvel may have finally secured the full film rights to Namor.
    I'm not sure about the source for that rumor ... but I trust Thor-El's source more, soooooo.... I am guardedly jumping up a down. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I would love that!!! A series where we have episodes and seasons to really get into the character would be amazing!
    I would be twice as excited to see a Namor Disney+ series. There's so much more they could do with Namor and Atlantis with hours and hours, not to mention seasons and seasons of a series!

As for how they have gotten them back ... perhaps they traded something? Cause I think their contract for those characters was not time limited. I think Marvel might have actually stirred themselves to do something about the rights situation with Hulk, and Namor got added on? They apparently straightened out whatever rights were keeping him out of the games.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm not sure about the source for that rumor ... but I trust Thor-El's source more, soooooo.... I am guardedly jumping up a down. LOL!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rev just warning that my source was just commenting on a rumor, yes he was inside Marvel but it is still a rumor. But with all the other things that are being reported these past days I would think that rumor is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rev just warning that my source was just commenting on a rumor, yes he was inside Marvel but it is still a rumor. But with all the other things that are being reported these past days I would think that rumor is true.
    There's an awful lot of rumors out there, right now. Even if it isn't true, at least Feige sees there IS interest.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

First and foremost, I want a solo book for Namor. One where the story is all about him and his world. When he guest stars in other books, it doesn't always benefit the character. Zdarsky's Invaders was an exception, because he was mostly the focus, but even there, he had a role to play within the team, to move the book along. Only in a solo book can we get a defining run, like Brubaker's Cap or Gillen's Loki or Ewing's Hulk, that grabs fans, and other writers, and shows everyone what a great character Namor is.

Namor's last book was out of the X-Office, and I don't think he got enough support there. It would depend on the writer, whether I would see it as a great thing. Of course, regardless, I'd be buying the book. LOL!

As for Avengers ... I just don't see Aaron handling Namor right. He's hinted a couple of times of storylines with Namor and they've never appeared. And from those pages in Incoming, it appears he didn't read Zdarsky's Invaders at all. Though to be fair, Zdarsky didn't address much from the Avengers appearance either. We didn't see the Defenders of the Deep at all.

The way things are going, I'm sure we'll see something in FF.

Namor needs a solo book, lately he is just book hopping and was in avengers, defenders, xmen red, and invaders all in the last few years and it doesn't help his character to only be used and thrown away. He needs his own solo to get back on his feet but if I had to chose a team book I would go with Defenders or Invaders.
    I agree. We've had to settle for teams, when we really need a great solo book. If he has that, then he'll get used, but not abused, in other team books.

I agree, he's one of the oldest characters with tons of potential, so it'd be nice if he had presence around the MU. But at the same time, like ImpreiusWrecked said, I don't want him to just be a thrown in character. He should have the lead in one of these books.

Namor does have immense potential and history in the MU, but that repeatedly gets ignored. It makes me grind my teeth when the latest event says it will touch every corner of the MU, and they completely leave out 3/4s of the planet that's underwater. It's even more annoying when they use Altantean stuff like Lemuria or the Serpent Crown and completely ignore Namor and Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It would be better, but at least there's the 'excuse' that this is armor. The worst armor ever, but that's what they are going with, I think. It seems, however, if that's the case, then he should be seen out of the armor more often than not. Because no one wears armor 24 / 7.
    Personally, I preferred the armor Jae Lee made for him:
    namor3.jpg