Page 43 of 123 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Huh. Namor week is only a few days after my birthday!
    omg! this will hopefully be a good treat for you then! Hope you have a good one!

Hahaha, "Imperious Soap!"
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hot Topic is having 40% off their t-shirts TODAY only, with free shipping on $20 or more.

They have these two Namor shirts for $13.74 apiece.

I could have sworn they had the Avengers #9 cover and the Invaders #4 cover, but I can't find them. They have Invaders 2 and 3 .... so I'm going to keep looking. If anyone else finds them, please post.
    If I happen to see it I will def post about it!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Namor is mentioned a bit in the background of today's Marvel's Snapshot: Fantastic Four! Which leads me to believe he might show up a bit in Captain America and in the X-Men.

edit: this first one is from the Susan and Johnny Fantastic Four Museum in their hometown

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That's cool! Happy to see Namor hasn't been entirely forgotten in this book. That middle panel actually has a scene from the classic Original Torch and Namor fight. Where he burned a hole right out of the top of Betty Dean's car! She should have been so mad at him!

And that last panel is what most people have said about Johnny's 'amnesia cure' for Namor. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm sure you'll appreciate this piece, IW. I was sad to hear he has the Corona Virus, but I think he's doing okay in quarantine.

https://twitter.com/micQuestion/stat...68635926167554

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-LRGcnD..._web_copy_link

Last edited by Reviresco; 03-25-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm sure you'll appreciate this piece, IW. I was sad to hear he has the Corona Virus, but I think he's doing okay in quarantine.

https://twitter.com/micQuestion/stat...68635926167554

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-LRGcnD..._web_copy_link

Omg!!! He is one of my favorite actors and this is wonderful!!!! I also read about that and hope he is doing ok too ): Thanks so much for sharing this Rev!

That's cool! Happy to see Namor hasn't been entirely forgotten in this book. That middle panel actually has a scene from the classic Original Torch and Namor fight. Where he burned a hole right out of the top of Betty Dean's car! She should have been so mad at him!

And that last panel is what most people have said about Johnny's 'amnesia cure' for Namor. LOL!
    That's why Betty didn't let him drive in Snapshot: Sub-Mariner lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    omg! this will hopefully be a good treat for you then! Hope you have a good one!

lmao!
    Thanks! I am sure it will be.

Omg!!! He is one of my favorite actors and this is wonderful!!!! I also read about that and hope he is doing ok too ): Thanks so much for sharing this Rev!
    It's a real shame the 2000s Subby movie never got off the ground. He would have been the exact right age. I know he still looks great now, but he's 51, so it would be hard for him to do like ten+ years of Prince Speedo.

I just visited DDK's instgram and it sounds like he's recovering. Great news!

That's why Betty didn't let him drive in Snapshot: Sub-Mariner lol!
    No kidding!

Mighty Member

It's a real shame the 2000s Subby movie never got off the ground. He would have been the exact right age. I know he still looks great now, but he's 51, so it would be hard for him to do like ten+ years of Prince Speedo.

I just visited DDK's instgram and it sounds like he's recovering. Great news!

No kidding!
    Happy to hear DDK is recovering. I saw his video when he announced he had it, seems like a real nice guy and stand-up person in real life. Not my Namor though, but he could be definitely part of the cast in a Namor movie.

I was re-watching the cartoon adaptation of Tales to Astonish 70-76 from the 60s, and are we all in agreement that the Aquaman movie is a direct swipe of Namor's search for the trident of Neptune to claim the throne of Atlantis by Stan Lee in 1965? Even the battle of Namor against the faceless ones is swiped by the battle of Aquaman against the trench. Its just too many similarities. DC literally stole Marvel's Namor to make his Aquaman cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Happy to hear DDK is recovering. I saw his video when he announced he had it, seems like a real nice guy and stand-up person in real life. Not my Namor though, but he could be definitely part of the cast in a Namor movie.

I was re-watching the cartoon adaptation of Tales to Astonish 70-76 from the 60s, and are we all in agreement that the Aquaman movie is a direct swipe of Namor's search for the trident of Neptune to claim the throne of Atlantis by Stan Lee in 1965? Even the battle of Namor against the faceless ones is swiped by the battle of Aquaman against the trench. Its just too many similarities. DC literally stole Marvel's Namor to make his Aquaman cool.
    I knew elements seemed to be lifted liberally, but reading your post, it seems more than I thought! Marvel should be kicking themselves HARD.

Now this leaves the question, WHAT storyline will they use for Namor's movie?

Which reminds me, here's a new FAN logo someone recently created.

https://twitter.com/MARVELFANBOY12/s...44051776421890

And the latest movie RUMOR is that pre-cataclysm Atlantis will debut in the new Eternals movie, where it will be destroyed and sunk into the seas by the Deviants. I can't believe the FIRST appearance of Atlantis will be it getting destroyed. SMH.

Of course, this isn't Namor's Atlantis, so hopefully this won't become a thing, like it is in the comics.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-26-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Mighty Member

I knew elements seemed to be lifted liberally, but reading your post, it seems more than I thought! Marvel should be kicking themselves HARD.

Now this leaves the question, WHAT storyline will they use for Namor's movie?

Which reminds me, here's a new FAN logo someone recently created.

https://twitter.com/MARVELFANBOY12/s...44051776421890

And the latest movie RUMOR is that pre-cataclysm Atlantis will debut in the new Eternals movie, where it will be destroyed and sunk into the seas by the Deviants. I can't believe the FIRST appearance of Atlantis will be it getting destroyed. SMH.

Of course, this isn't Namor's Atlantis, so hopefully this won't become a thing, like it is in the comics.
    That logo looks awesome! And it would be so cool if the sinking of Atlantis is introduced in a flashback sequence in Eternals like the Celestials were introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy. If those rumors are true then I can see Namor's introduction to the MCU being really close!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    That logo looks awesome! And it would be so cool if the sinking of Atlantis is introduced in a flashback sequence in Eternals like the Celestials were introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy. If those rumors are true then I can see Namor's introduction to the MCU being really close!
    I liked how it incorporated the trident.

That's what's I see happening. I don't think it means Namor will be in Eternals, or necessarily that means he'll be in the MCU queue. It could equally mean they were lining up a Conan movie, which a friend of mine keeps insisting is going to happen. Marvel certainly is pushing Conan far more they are pushing Namor. Of course, I'm hoping for Namor. ;p

This is NOT my Mom. But like Jerry Ordway, I think this Mom has good taste. ;p

https://twitter.com/JerryOrdway/stat...48771024646145

This is NOT my Mom. But like Jerry Ordway, I think this Mom has good taste. ;p

https://twitter.com/JerryOrdway/stat...48771024646145
    Yay! Here are to the Moms who allowed/encouraged our comic readings! My Mom did and I am so glad. I always tell her.

Yay! Here are to the Moms who allowed/encouraged our comic readings! My Mom did and I am so glad. I always tell her.
    That is terrific! I wouldn't say my Mom encouraged, but she did allow me exercise my nerdom, in it's many forms. But she would never have read a comic book, like this tasteful lady. ;p