Page 47 of 123 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    SCOTT SUMMER'S PHONE WHEN NAMOR CALLS

https://twitter.com/616cyclops/statu...14871922528259

I'm sure I've made it clear how much I hate this Maleev Bendis/Namor pic. However, this is the best use of it I have seen. Nearly fell out of my chair laughing at Passive Aggressive Cyclops. LOL!

I imagine Namor's phone would have the most flattering pictures of the ladies ... and none of the men are even in his contacts! ;p It would explain that page from Heroes for Hire, were he doesn't recognize Stingray. But I guarantee you that he has Diane Arliss' picture in his contacts.
    Laugh/cried at this because that art is so bad but the tweet is excellent humor. LOL.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Laugh/cried at this because that art is so bad but the tweet is excellent humor. LOL.
    It is meme worthy! Passive Aggressive Scott probably has this image on his phone for Magneto and has named him "Purple Diapers." ;p

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'm actually not familiar with the character. I've glanced through a couple of silver age Sub-mariner comics with her in there but still have to properly read the stories. I have only pockets of Namor's history, Some golden age (I'm still working on these going strictly in publishing order), the entire 60s cartoon, some original Invaders, most of Super Villain Team Up, all Roger Stern Avengers, All of 90s Namor series, his death and resurrection in SS, and Invaders 2019. I have other series and appearances here and there but that's mostly the extent of what I've read.
    Well, that's quite a bit, Thor-El.

Man, I forgot that Bill Everett actually had a large part of her creation! Her people were introduced in one of my favorite Subby stories, in Sub-Mariner #56, but she didn't appear until #58. And she appears in one of your favorite issues, I think, Thor-El, which is probably why I was confused, the Thor vs. Namor issue at the UN, which I think is #59.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Well, that's quite a bit, Thor-El.

Man, I forgot that Bill Everett actually had a large part of her creation! Her people were introduced in one of my favorite Subby stories, in Sub-Mariner #56, but she didn't appear until #58. And she appears in one of your favorite issues, I think, Thor-El, which is probably why I was confused, the Thor vs. Namor issue at the UN, which I think is #59.
    I'm saving the Silver Age like a cheat meal, that delicious piece of cake with ice cream you have next to your meal that you know you will get to enjoy eventually but you first gotta earn it after you finish the steak and potatoes. Cause we all know Bill Everett is the real piece of protein and carbs here.

I'm saving the Silver Age like a cheat meal, that delicious piece of cake with ice cream you have next to your meal that you know you will get to enjoy eventually but you first gotta earn it after you finish the steak and potatoes. Cause we all know Bill Everett is the real piece of protein and carbs here.
    What a great analogy! Especially since I just watched Dwayne Johnson eat his amazing French Toast cheat meal. OMG!

And it appears, comics pro Tony Isabella agrees with you!

https://twitter.com/thetonyisabella/...87500241248258

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Isabella
    THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY: Timely’s Greatest The Golden Age Sub-Mariner The Pre-War Years by Bill Everett. I’m 200 pages into this massive collection and having a blast. You never know what Namor is going to do next.Edge of your seat suspense. 4-1-20.

If things are still on schedule, we should be getting volume #2, the Post War era, this month! It will be the gorgeous Atlas era stories.

Mighty Member

What a great analogy! Especially since I just watched Dwayne Johnson eat his amazing French Toast cheat meal. OMG!

And it appears, comics pro Tony Isabella agrees with you!

https://twitter.com/thetonyisabella/...87500241248258

If things are still on schedule, we should be getting volume #2, the Post War era, this month! It will be the gorgeous Atlas era stories.
    Tony is a man of exquisite taste! And that cover of Subby wrestling the shark is just too awesome!

Tony is a man of exquisite taste! And that cover of Subby wrestling the shark is just too awesome!
    Bill Everett was amazing!

And yes, Tony Isabella is so tasteful, he wrote the book, 1000 Comics You Must Read. Though I remember him from writing the original Champions as well as alot of black and white Marvel horror magazines.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-02-2020 at 11:16 AM.

It is meme worthy! Passive Aggressive Scott probably has this image on his phone for Magneto and has named him "Purple Diapers." ;p

True! Always loved this pic from Defenders #15. The original "baby mutants". Waughhhh, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True! Always loved this pic from Defenders #15. The original "baby mutants". Waughhhh, lol!
    I THOUGHT this was from a Defenders book, but then I thought Magneto de-aging must have happened in a X-book. Thanks for the ID!

Can't remember if I posted this one before or not, but there's never a wrong time to post Marie Severin. I really wish I'd gotten to meet her or at least interact with her.

I THOUGHT this was from a Defenders book, but then I thought Magneto de-aging must have happened in a X-book. Thanks for the ID!
    No problem, my friend! Glad to help.

It was a really important happening. However, the process got reversed for Magneto just a few years later our time, but it was much longerfor him in Marvel Time.

That scene always makes me laugh----look at all of those lil' whinners! While there is no sound effect, I can hear all of the "Waugggghhhs", lol!

Mighty Member

This is the my meet cute with Namor as kid with a graphic novel that featured super hero matchup. Can't remember the name of the graphic novel. It had the Thing vs the Silver and Namor vs Hulk.

hulk vs Namor 1.jpg

Mighty Member

next page:

hulk vs Namor 2.jpg

Mighty Member

page 3:

hulk vs Namor 3.jpg

The next page had Namor and Hulk swimming at each other at high speed with Namor knocking Hulk out or the ocean causing him to turn back to Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    page 3:

hulk vs Namor 3.jpg

The next page had Namor and Hulk swimming at each other at high speed with Namor knocking Hulk out or the ocean causing him to turn back to Banner.
    Awesome! This is from the classic Hulk #118. It was reprinted several times. The first time I read it was in Origins of Marvel Comics ... or maybe it's sequel.

I love how Trimpe drew the whirling water around Hulk. Really shows the movement.