Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    But when you look at all the heroes in this other panel you can just see Namor stand out in his look while you have to search for other characters. If he was in the black diving suit he would blend in more.

Avengers #502

I agree 200%. Not only does he stand out, he looks ten times more powerful, IMO.
    You can never go wrong with David Finch (IMHO).

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You can never go wrong with David Finch (IMHO).
    Finch is an amazing artist. I'm not sure about his faces, but boy can he detail an image!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Personally, I preferred the armor Jae Lee made for him:
    Attachment 91141
    I'm not sure about the spikes, but at least this armor protects the most vulnerable area, the stomach. The cool thing about this armor to me is the history they attached to it. Also, if you notice, it has skulls or faces in the engraving. I always thought there was a story there.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Now we have rumors, from the same questionable source, I believe, that Marvel Studios is considering / working on either a Defenders project or projects using the Netflix Defenders. Given their previous rumor about Namor and Hulk rights now being completely at Marvel Studios, and the Dr Strange movie with allegedly Namor, I'm smelling an old school Defenders project! Okay, I'm actually just WISHING mightily. ;p

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/01/04/rum...rs-characters/

I'm not sure about the spikes, but at least this armor protects the most vulnerable area, the stomach. The cool thing about this armor to me is the history they attached to it.
    A lot of thought went into the historical significance for the armor, and that only adds to the enjoyment.

Also, if you notice, it has skulls or faces in the engraving. I always thought there was a story there.
    Agreed. Would love to know the importance of those symbols.

A lot of thought went into the historical significance for the armor, and that only adds to the enjoyment.

Agreed. Would love to know the importance of those symbols.
    I wondered if they were demons or supernatural enemies that were bound into the armor to help protect the wearer? Or are they willing sacrifices? Or is the armor actually sentinent?

Exactly. There was a lot of potential in the background history of the Suma-Ket story line, where the Neptune Armor played for both Kalen and Namor.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Jerry Ordway shared his variant art for the Marvel Snapshots: Sub-Mariner on twitter link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Jerry Ordway shared his variant art for the Marvel Snapshots: Sub-Mariner on twitter link
    Oh my. That looks retro great! I can't wait to see the finished cover. I found out this Ordway cover will be 1:25, so it will probably be more expensive. The Kirby Hidden Gem will be the most expensive, I'm betting, but I'm not sure what the ratio, or the image, will be. The good news, is that the Gabriele Dell'Otto will just be an alternate cover, so it should be the same price as the Alex Ross cover. Now I've got to tell my LCBS to order me both covers.

So ... is he fighting a Shark Iron Man?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5V2sbSJ..._web_copy_link

Another mural of Namor! I think this one is in Praia, I believe. Which is the capital city of Cape Verde, which is off the coast of West Africa.

The new Marvel Mystery Mini Namor from the Fantastic Four box is out!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7BgHzpp..._web_copy_link

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Omg that mural looks amazing! And so does that tiny Namor figure!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

AHHHHHH! Movie rumors are cranking up but this article seems to be very sure about movie rights of Hulk and Namor being fully back with Marvel. link

they better not make him a villain
    You know it might be interesting to see him start out as a villain then become a hero like in the books? His turn is probably one of the most interesting stories I've ever read . His adjustment to the life as an Avenger and suffering his occasional setbacks , dealing with his temper and trying to control it and slowly building a comraderie with the Avengers as they begin to trust him was fascinating to watch. There was a really touching scene between him and cap on a boat and he is getting angry and in his thoughts he is acknowledging it and he is worrying about exploding but is still struggling to get it under control and he loses control and he is raging and then he stops and apologizes and Cap puts his hand on his shoulder and tells him what a good hero he was during WWII. Namor was very noble. Roger Stern is an amazing writer. He will always be one of my favorites.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    You know it might be interesting to see him start out as a villain then become a hero like in the books? His turn is probably one of the most interesting stories I've ever read . His adjustment to the life as an Avenger and suffering his occasional setbacks , dealing with his temper and trying to control it and slowly building a comraderie with the Avengers as they begin to trust him was fascinating to watch. There was a really touching scene between him and cap on a boat and he is getting angry and in his thoughts he is acknowledging it and he is worrying about exploding but is still struggling to get it under control and he loses control and he is raging and then he stops and apologizes and Cap puts his hand on his shoulder and tells him what a good hero he was during WWII. Namor was very noble. Roger Stern is an amazing writer. He will always be one of my favorites.
    I agree, that tenure in Avengers was a very defining point in the history of the character and one of the best written Namor I've ever read.

Omg that mural looks amazing! And so does that tiny Namor figure!
    It's cool to see Namor HUGE on some mundane wall, but it would have really been impressive if Dedodato himself had painted it. Of course, this artist went with Namor punching out a giant squid, rather than Ms. Marvel. ;p

I love the little head tilt in the mini-mystery figure. I MUST have one.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. One of my favorite things about Namor is a he is a flawed character and HOW he deals with that. It's why I'm not fond of Byrne's blood imbalance theory, or Zdarsky's inserted possession. To me, one of the interesting things about the character is seeing how Namor deals with and owns his actions. Yes, he has a lot of outside conflicts, but the the interior conflicts, the noble vs the savage, Atlantean vs surface breather, etc., is what make Namor so relatable and unique in the MU.

Though, I would argue that Namor treads the line between anti-hero and villain at times. He certainly isn't above working with some villains if it helps him protect his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I agree, that tenure in Avengers was a very defining point in the history of the character and one of the best written Namor I've ever read.
    Much like AvX set up Namor for Hickman, I think Namor was placed in a vulnerable position by his mini-series for Stern. And he did some wonderful things with it.