Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Another first for His Highness!

CBR article on the first animated appearance of the X-Men ... in the Sub-Mariner animated show.

The author isn't kind to those classic cartoons, but he explains why they show up.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-debuted-tv...ampaign=CBR-TW
    How dares he! First the X-Men weren't a big deal back then, they were just filler, this was a Sub-mariner cartoon after all. I still think these series are awesome, so faithful to the original stories most of them!!! Even though some parts of this one are really awful there are still original panels from the Marvel masters. And some really cool new art like Namor fighting against gravity outside Doom's ship. Much better than to watch Thor and Hulk behave like little children fighting all the time in the current Disney cartoons.

Last edited by Thor-El; 04-08-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    How dares he! First the X-Men weren't a big deal back then, they were just filler, this was a Sub-mariner cartoon after all. I still think these series are awesome, so faithful to the original stories most of them!!! Even though some parts of this one are really awful there are still original panels from the Marvel masters. And some really cool new art like Namor fighting against gravity outside Doom's ship. Much better than to watch Thor and Hulk behave like little children fighting all the time in the current Disney cartoons.

As much as I love those old shows, the animation in them is ... not always the best. Especially for a ... younger viewer. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Awesome! Great anatomy and use of forced perspective!

Mighty Member

As much as I love those old shows, the animation in them is ... not always the best. Especially for a ... younger viewer. ;p
    To me the animation is secondary. I'd rather have an accurate story and some classic artwork even when the animation is very crude than a more fluid animation with a silly story geared towards 5 year olds. Of course we can always dream to have these classic Marvel stories animated with the quality and style of: Into the Spider-verse...one day!
    Last edited by Thor-El; 04-09-2020 at 09:53 AM.

To me the animation is secondary. I'd rather have an accurate story and some classic artwork even when the animation is very crude than a more fluid animation with a silly story geared towards 5 year olds. Of course we can always dream to have these classic Marvel stories animated with the quality and style of: Into the Spider-verse...one day!
    The story and the original art is awesome, of course. That's why I think they stand the test of time, despite what some critics might say. ;p

I definitely wouldn't say no to a new animated series on Disney Plus. I'd like something different from what we normally see in Marvel animated, though.

Awesome! Great anatomy and use of forced perspective!
    I agree. Very dynamic!

Did you post this one, Thor-El?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7581703...ref=sold_out-4

Mighty Member

I agree. Very dynamic!

Did you post this one, Thor-El?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7581703...ref=sold_out-4
    Yes, I did. I paid him for a digital copy and made it into a 8.5 x 11 mini poster, I paid $20.00. Glad to see he is selling it in Etsy. Its a very nice picture of two of my favorite Marvel characters.

Yes, I did. I paid him for a digital copy and made it into a 8.5 x 11 mini poster, I paid $20.00. Glad to see he is selling it in Etsy. Its a very nice picture of two of my favorite Marvel characters.
    Cool! I thought the artist sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember the image. Reminds me of that time Thor was a character witness for Namor at his trial during Byrne's run.

I think I've seen these guys before, but now I see they are actually selling kits! A Namor paper sculpture!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7330046...milar_items-40

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh wow this is beautiful. And those arts are cool too!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

I really enjoyed Grace's "Beyond the Trailer" but her ignorance in this video about Namor and Aquaman is really sad. I've let a comment explaining how the Aquaman movie is a complete ripoff of Tales to Astonish 70-76 - The Quest for Neptune's Trident.

I really enjoyed Grace's "Beyond the Trailer" but her ignorance in this video about Namor and Aquaman is really sad. I've let a comment explaining how the Aquaman movie is a complete ripoff of Tales to Astonish 70-76 - The Quest for Neptune's Trident.
    Who is this woman?

And yes, she clearly doesn't realize how much Aquaman ripped Namor off. Don't get me started on the "halfbreed" business again.

And please, NOT again. Seriously. These people are NOT Namor fans. Or BP fans, either, if the only foe they can think of for BP is Namor.

Mighty Member

Who is this woman?

And yes, she clearly doesn't realize how much Aquaman ripped Namor off. Don't get me started on the "halfbreed" business again.

And please, NOT again. Seriously. These people are NOT Namor fans. Or BP fans, either, if the only foe they can think of for BP is Namor.
    She is a very famous youtuber movie critic.

She is a very famous youtuber movie critic.
    uh oh. I betray my social media ignorance. ;p

Has she been right about "leaks" before?