Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    uh oh. I betray my social media ignorance. ;p

Has she been right about "leaks" before?
    I dont remember, she usually is pretty conservative, if she is reporting of this there has to be a number of "reliable" sources. But this could be an old script too. Leaks by their nature are very unreliable.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    How dares he! First the X-Men weren't a big deal back then, they were just filler, this was a Sub-mariner cartoon after all. I still think these series are awesome, so faithful to the original stories most of them!!! Even though some parts of this one are really awful there are still original panels from the Marvel masters. And some really cool new art like Namor fighting against gravity outside Doom's ship. Much better than to watch Thor and Hulk behave like little children fighting all the time in the current Disney cartoons.
    Eh, I don’t think they were a big of a deal as most other Marvel titles at the time, despite being cancelled in 1970. Really though, the fact they lasted over 60 issues before cancellation and there being enough support to justify a continuation is rather impressive. I feel like it’s Star Trek in that regard.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I dont remember, she usually is pretty conservative, if she is reporting of this there has to be a number of "reliable" sources. But this could be an old script too. Leaks by their nature are very unreliable.
    This is true.

But I really, really, really hope this is BS. If we have to get Namor in another film, I hope it will be Doctor Strange. Here's an older article on that, with some ideas how it could come about.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...eo-reason-why/

With the Multiverse in the title, I'm wondering if we couldn't get an Alternate Universe Namor? Perhaps one that follows more closely the MU in comics? Perhaps, in that world Namor has already lived his Invaders WWII past and knows Cap and Bucky -- of his world. Would he be pulled in as a hobo? Or perhaps right before Destiny used the Serpent Crown on him to strip his memories? Then he could sort of serve as a bridge between the golden age stuff (at least in his world) and the modern stuff, like he did in FF 4.

Man, it would be great if he and Strange were fighting Destiny and the Serpent Crown and while they might have won, and Strange gets the Crown, Namor still gets zapped, and becomes a hobo in this world! Then he could still do the FF 4 thing, but in this world.

Okay, just a few random thoughts, to get away from yet another BP 2 rumor. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Eh, I don’t think they were a big of a deal as most other Marvel titles at the time, despite being cancelled in 1970. Really though, the fact they lasted over 60 issues before cancellation and there being enough support to justify a continuation is rather impressive. I feel like it’s Star Trek in that regard.
    I think that extremely limited animation works well with comics. They have had some more modern projects that have used a similar technique including a Black Panther cartoon mini series that was featured in the Bet channel and for the Loki mini series by Esad Ribic.

Mighty Member

This is true.

But I really, really, really hope this is BS. If we have to get Namor in another film, I hope it will be Doctor Strange. Here's an older article on that, with some ideas how it could come about.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...eo-reason-why/

With the Multiverse in the title, I'm wondering if we couldn't get an Alternate Universe Namor? Perhaps one that follows more closely the MU in comics? Perhaps, in that world Namor has already lived his Invaders WWII past and knows Cap and Bucky -- of his world. Would he be pulled in as a hobo? Or perhaps right before Destiny used the Serpent Crown on him to strip his memories? Then he could sort of serve as a bridge between the golden age stuff (at least in his world) and the modern stuff, like he did in FF 4.

Man, it would be great if he and Strange were fighting Destiny and the Serpent Crown and while they might have won, and Strange gets the Crown, Namor still gets zapped, and becomes a hobo in this world! Then he could still do the FF 4 thing, but in this world.

Okay, just a few random thoughts, to get away from yet another BP 2 rumor. ;p
    Yes, I like your idea. Probably most of us in this board are not looking forward to Namor being introduced in Black Panther. Any other movie franchise but that one. I am hoping it is in Dr. Strange too.

I think that extremely limited animation works well with comics. They have had some more modern projects that have used a similar technique including a Black Panther cartoon mini series that was featured in the Bet channel and for the Loki mini series by Esad Ribic.
    That's true! I'd forgotten that Marvel has done quite a few stop action? is that what they are called? in the modern age. There was an Inhumans one, as well as Spider-Woman.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes, I like your idea. Probably most of us in this board are not looking forward to Namor being introduced in Black Panther. Any other movie franchise but that one. I am hoping it is in Dr. Strange too.
    Well, I think we got robbed of the Invaders and Namor's WWII past. If he was an alternate universe character, we could still have that.

Mighty Member

That's true! I'd forgotten that Marvel has done quite a few stop action? is that what they are called? in the modern age. There was an Inhumans one, as well as Spider-Woman.
    I haven't seen the Inhumans or Spider-woman. I think The Eternals have one too. Would love to see all of these.

I haven't seen the Inhumans or Spider-woman. I think The Eternals have one too. Would love to see all of these.
    Hadn't seen the Eternals one. The Inhumans one is the Jenkins and Jae Lee series, so it actually has a Namor scene in it. I think I posted it before ... I'll see if I can find it again.

Checked Amazon. Apparently all their motion comics DVDs are under the Marvel Knights logo!

There's this boxed set, plus Eternals, Inhumans, Wolverine ... maybe more.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Knight...6-f96e7b0f409c

Happy Easter, for those who observe the holiday!

I'm pretty sure the Atlanteans don't celebrate Easter, but I found this article with Namor / Atlantean Easter Eggs! Enjoy!

https://screenrant.com/mcu-namor-atlantis-references/
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-12-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Found it on the front page. LOL!

Mighty Member

Hadn't seen the Eternals one. The Inhumans one is the Jenkins and Jae Lee series, so it actually has a Namor scene in it. I think I posted it before ... I'll see if I can find it again.

Checked Amazon. Apparently all their motion comics DVDs are under the Marvel Knights logo!

There's this boxed set, plus Eternals, Inhumans, Wolverine ... maybe more.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Knight...6-f96e7b0f409c
    Hmm, that's a good price for the set! Good find! Thank you, Rev and Happy Easter!

Mighty Member

Found it on the front page. LOL!

Ah yes, I've seen this sequence before! Not too fond of how he draws Namor or the voice he has here.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Happy Easter everyone. I haven't been visiting much lately so I have some catching up to do!

Since this involves the first Super-Villain Team-up I thought I would add this here too. Stumbled across this late last night while bored. This is a commission that Esad Ribic did for a fan at the NYCC last fall. Boy, would I love to afford one myself!

The owner's page on comicartfans has some work in progress photos posted too.

Happy Easter all my friends!