Page 54 of 123 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Various Namor splash pages:

Alex Schomburg (Marvel Mystery Comics #21, July 1941):

Jack Kirby (Fantastic Four #11, February 1963):

Jack Kirby (Fantastic Four #33, December 1964):
    Great classic images!

Was that pin up by Schomburg? I always thought it was Everett.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Gene Colan (Sub-Mariner Special #1, January 1971):

Mike Mignola (Marvel Fanfare #16, September 1984):

Kent Williams (Marvel Fanfare #40, October 1988):

I always thought that one by Kent Williams was unique and a bit creepy.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I wouldn't mind an anime' based series on Sub-Mariner- taking it into lots of fantasy and sci-fi zones, and not dependent on constant guest appearances from Fantastic-Four/Avengers related characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wouldn't mind an anime' based series on Sub-Mariner- taking it into lots of fantasy and sci-fi zones, and not dependent on constant guest appearances from Fantastic-Four/Avengers related characters.
    In a lot of ways, I think a tv show or animated show would be better for Namor -- at least, at first. There's so much more development that could be done in a series, rather than a feature. I wouldn't want it dependent on guest appearances, but I feel we would have to have some, given Namor isn't as well known as some other properties.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Marvel's already proved they are completely ok with divorcing Namor from all of Atlantis *rolls eyes* Yes, I am still mad about Attuma, ATTUMA! taking over Namor's place in the cartoons. Marvel (and DC) continue to use lots of inspiration and ideas from the Namor comics but not the actual character.
    Sad, but true. And I still don't understand how that happened at all. You would think the rights situation would include Namor's cast.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Marvel's already proved they are completely ok with divorcing Namor from all of Atlantis *rolls eyes* Yes, I am still mad about Attuma, ATTUMA! taking over Namor's place in the cartoons. Marvel (and DC) continue to use lots of inspiration and ideas from the Namor comics but not the actual character.
    Makes it hard to imagine why Stan Lee didn't say anything, maybe he never saw Aquaman, also he was so old by this time I imagine he wouldn't want to go thru any hassle. He must have been satisfied with how the other properties were doing. But the Aquaman movie really is his first Tales to Astonish story.

DC has really raped Namor. I wish we could have Bill Everett's daughter in this board and see how she feels about Namor, this is the people that Disney should be consulting when making important decisions about these characters. Like Jack Kirby's children, Bill Everett's daughter, these are the people that the legacy of all these characters should rightfully belong to and should at least be consulted.

Talking about something more positive this came out today. Wish I could get one:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    watched a random Namor 60s cartoon today. I'm not sure that I've ever binged-watched all the episodes, as they've come and gone (unofficially, of course) on YouTube over the years. This time around it was The Planet of Doom, To Test a Prince, To Save a Planet Anybody know of what specific issues that this was loosely based on?
    I'm pretty sure that is an original story. Namor was the only series to have original stories added and those were one of their best shows.

That's a great image on the omnibus.

So post and pre war volumes are now released, is there going to be an omnibus of the war years or am I misunderstanding? I don't own these yet.

I'm hoping these are also leading to an omnibus of the Marvel years, the classic Sliver Age run.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Makes it hard to imagine why Stan Lee didn't say anything, maybe he never saw Aquaman, also he was so old by this time I imagine he wouldn't want to go thru any hassle. He must have been satisfied with how the other properties were doing. But the Aquaman movie really is his first Tales to Astonish story.

DC has really raped Namor. I wish we could have Bill Everett's daughter in this board and see how she feels about Namor, this is the people that Disney should be consulting when making important decisions about these characters. Like Jack Kirby's children, Bill Everett's daughter, these are the people that the legacy of all these characters should rightfully belong to and should at least be consulted.
    DC has taken advantage of Namor, that's for sure, between Aquaman and Black Adam. It's even more annoying, because Geoff Johns was here at Marvel before he went to DC and started writing both Aquaman and Black Adam. I'm pretty sure he wrote Namor at least once, if not more.

Disney and Marvel aren't going to say anything to the heirs of Kirby or Everett, much less ask their opinion. They can't have any shadow of a doubt about who owns the property. Plus I'm not sure Wendy Everett really knows much about Namor. I doubt she'd recognize modern Namor.

Hmmmm. Now that you mention it, I don't think Stan Lee watched any of the DC movies, has he?

Talking about something more positive this came out today. Wish I could get one:

OMG! I'm off to watch that! I know it was supposed to come out at LCBS sometime in April, but InstockTrades doesn't have it. May be delayed for me, but I WILL be getting it.

I'm pretty sure that is an original story. Namor was the only series to have original stories added and those were one of their best shows.
    I didn't know that. That's cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    That's a great image on the omnibus.

So post and pre war volumes are now released, is there going to be an omnibus of the war years or am I misunderstanding? I don't own these yet.

I'm hoping these are also leading to an omnibus of the Marvel years, the classic Sliver Age run.
    These two are just Bill Everett's stories, and he joined ... was it the Air Force? during WWII, so he didn't do any comics. The War Years were drawn and written by other creators.

I don't think the War Years for all of the Marvel Mystery Comics has been published yet.

I would totally buy the Silver Age Subby omnibus. Big John Buscema's Namor. Take My Money!

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Marvel is delaying another 15 to 20% of their books, i.e. telling creators to stop working on those issues, and allegedly the Alex Ross curated Marvel series is one of them this time. If true, it means the Weiss Subby story will be delayed.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I would totally buy the Silver Age Subby omnibus. Big John Buscema's Namor. Take My Money!
    I'd love at least two editions to cover up to issue 60, If only because the 5th masterwork is such a pain.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'd love at least two editions to cover up to issue 60, If only because the 5th masterwork is such a pain.
    Holy cow. I had no idea that volume had jumped in price. I wonder why?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Namor of Earth-1016 on the cover of Exiles (2001 series) #15. Here, Atlantis successfully invaded Latveria and the Exiles are helping Doom reclaim it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Glad to see the Namor thread is still alive and well!

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Glad to see the Namor thread is still alive and well!
    Of course! We may be few, but we are dedicated!