Page 56 of 123 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quite liked Alan Davis’ writing for Tarot, including his writing for Namor. Felt like an old comic in a way that also felt refreshing. Wish more Marvel comics would be like this, in a way that doesn’t quite feel darkly gritty, but isn’t humorous parody either.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Here you go! I own this one now so I thought I’d share : ).
    A MAJOR acquisition for the Namor collection! Congrats on getting the Ed McGuiness page! It's gorgeous!

Since I’m here . A couple more to share :

Atlantis Attacks NYC by Duncan Rouleau

Namor by Angel Medina

Oh, I loved that Duncan Rouleau piece ... wait. This one looks a little different. Is this a new commission?

Nice one by Angel Medina, also!

A little something with Namor’s head on it by Alex Ross

I've been looking for that Alex Ross button! So, cool! Did you find it on eBay?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor by Angel Medina
    Nice one by Angel Medina, also!
    Agreed. I very much like the artwork that Angel Medina has done for Marvel. Hopefully, he will be brought back to do more.

So the Duncan Rouleau is a new Commission . He did one similar couple years back. The Alex Ross button I found on google search it was some weird collectables shop in US . Can’t even remember the name of if .

Mighty Member

The pose and the energy on this one is fantastic!

Mighty Member

I wish Marvel would stick to a style with Namor and stop giving him long hair. Namor's short hair and widow's peak had been a staple of the character no matter how many leotards variations he had, he always looked recognizable, lately not so much.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks a bunch
    You're welcome and thanks for posting your collection in the Doom thread!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Here you go! I own this one now so I thought I’d share .

This is wonderful! I saw Ed posting this on his Twitter and it's awesome you got it!

A little something with Namor’s head on it by Alex Ross

Now I'm very jealous! lol! I only have a Scotty Young Namor pin but this is even better! I love the vintage feel of these types of merch.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I randomly came across this scan and couldn't believe what I was seeing lol. Had the creators here, never heard of Tiger Shark or Punisher before? This is like DareDevil choking out Thor or something.

Oh good grief. There is no way Punisher physically overpowers Tiger Shark. I'll try and find the source of this panel. The art reminds me of JRjr

UPDATED: This was written by Matt Fraction and the panel appears in Punisher War Journal #15. The son of Kraven the Hunter (who as far as I can tell isn't even given a name) is keeping a menagerie of super-villains with animal-themed powers like Rhino, Vulture, some of the Red Ghost's apes, etc. Punisher is tracking down Kraven's son and ends up getting captured on his freighter docked in the harbor. Kraven's son keeps his menagerie drugged and it makes them more primitive. Punisher is captured while spying on the operation. He's chained in the hold of the ship and Tiger Shark is set loose to kill him. Tiger Shark rips off the Punisher's chains and they start to fight. The drugging makes Tiger Shark pretty much dumbed down so I guess that is the only excuse for him losing. But he's still faster and stronger than Frank even in that state IMO.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-21-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Since I’m here . A couple more to share :

Atlantis Attacks NYC by Duncan Rouleau

Namor by Angel Medina

That Duncan art is simply gorgeous, I love the colors and tone of the art and honestly that type of style is my preferred favorite. It reminds me of that Giagnto and Namor art by Terese Nielsen which makes Namor look slightly otherworldly, which is honestly how I feel Namor should always be portrayed. He's not your average superhero!

Since I'm studying art, that Medina art is giving me anxiety! No way I could pull that off even if I had decades of experience, excellent proportions and such a power pose, I really love it!

Namor Week is in 3 days, I hope there will be a big turnout but even if just a few fans joined in it would be fine, if you're on Twitter or follow the tumblr Namor blog you'll be able to see the turn out but if not, I'll be posting here as well. I hope to make this an annual event to encourage new fans into the fandom by sharing our love of the character.

Something cool to add to my statue displays . Found this on eBay

Something cool to add to my statue displays . Found this on eBay

THIS IS REALLY COOL. I have never seen coin merch like this before for Namor, is there one for Doom? Where does one find stuff like this! I mainly have comics and a few action figures, and a pin, my collection is very small but I hope to grow it in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I wish Marvel would stick to a style with Namor and stop giving him long hair. Namor's short hair and widow's peak had been a staple of the character no matter how many leotards variations he had, he always looked recognizable, lately not so much.
    I feel like Marvel gave Namor a more haired/disheveled look, when they want him to be more "villain" ? Maybe I'm reading too much into that but his whole costume change the other year, and the fact he has the shoulder armor again implies that even without the recent writing.

I just look around eBay or google searches sometimes show items being sold in other shops . You never know . I asked for Doom and didn’t find any