Page 58 of 123 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I like two against one fights so perhaps I'll make a Namor vs Hulk & Hercules. I have this idea of a follow up to Tales to Astonish 100 were the Puppet Master recruits Hulk & Hercules to go against Namor since Hulk alone failed the first time and let Namor figure out how to win that one.
    What a great idea--I would love to see this!

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's pretty damn cool.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So it's Namor Week! A few fans have submitted some works which you can see on the Namor twitter/tumblr , I will gather up anything that was posted by the end of the day to make a post that I can link to here in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's pretty damn cool.

That's a great video! I haven't seen it before, thanks for posting!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I mean, the 1990 series started by John Byrne lasted 62 issues, which can give an indication of success, no? How many issues does a solo series need to achieve before it’s considered a success?
    Completely fair point. He has had successful titles, nor did I mean to imply he did not. Only that I'm surprised he has not consistently maintained Iron Man or Thor levels of popularity over the years. He was one of Timely's Trinity back in the day, and it would have seemed that, as Marvel realized Wolverine's edgy nature was selling, that Namor would have been a natural to try pushing in that direction.

On a completely different note who is your favorite Namor artist? I was always partial to John Buscema.
    images.jpg

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Completely fair point. He has had successful titles, nor did I mean to imply he did not. Only that I'm surprised he has not consistently maintained Iron Man or Thor levels of popularity over the years. He was one of Timely's Trinity back in the day, and it would have seemed that, as Marvel realized Wolverine's edgy nature was selling, that Namor would have been a natural to try pushing in that direction.

On a completely different note who is your favorite Namor artist? I was always partial to John Buscema.
    images.jpg
    Yeah, Buscema is probably a top contender for definitive artist of Namor aside from his creator.

Speaking of artists, Jim Lee’s art from Marvel Comics Presents #33 (November, 1989):

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So it's Namor Week! A few fans have submitted some works which you can see on the Namor twitter/tumblr , I will gather up anything that was posted by the end of the day to make a post that I can link to here in case anyone is interested in checking it out.
    Awesome!

I'm trying to finish up a piece I've been working on tonight. But I've a few items other folks have done that will fit today's theme. Like this one:

DAY 1 - Fire & Water

Nick Perks often contributes to CBRs the Line is Drawn, which weekly offers various comic book themes for artists to interpret, with specific characters chosen by the fans.

Nick did this amazing homage to the Pink Floyd album cover, Wish You Were Here, with Namor the Sub-Mariner and the Original Human Torch, and even including the issue where they first meet / battle.

And the best thing, you can support Nick Perks, and purchase this image on shirts, tote bags, mugs, or as print.

But it at TeePublic.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I mean, the 1990 series started by John Byrne lasted 62 issues, which can give an indication of success, no? How many issues does a solo series need to achieve before it’s considered a success?
    Coincidentally I just read this article a few minutes ago about how Namor's series was canceled but the story continued into Atlantis Rising.

https://www.cbr.com/namor-fantastic-...over-canceled/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

https://www.mainframecomiccon.com/

https://twitter.com/MFComicCon

Has anyone heard about this online con? It's supposed to be free, and TOMORROW!

I'm interested in J.M. DeMatteis' panel, who has written quite a few Namor appearances, including the 1984 mini-series, IIRC. AND they've got Stuart Moore! The writer of the last Namor ongoing, NAMOR THE FIRST MUTANT. Though he's not there for that, I'm sure. However, somehow we're supposed to be able to ask questions, so....
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Hmm... interesting comparison between Marlon Brando and Namor (The West Coast Avengers Annual #4, 1989):

images.jpg
    I'll always be a fan of John Buscema's rendition of Namor, because it's a classic. As for modern-day interpretations, these would be my Top 3:

Jae Lee

Mike Mignola

Bruce Timm
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-25-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Awesome!

I'm trying to finish up a piece I've been working on tonight. But I've a few items other folks have done that will fit today's theme. Like this one:

DAY 1 - Fire & Water

Nick Perks often contributes to CBRs the Line is Drawn, which weekly offers various comic book themes for artists to interpret, with specific characters chosen by the fans.

Nick did this amazing homage to the Pink Floyd album cover, Wish You Were Here, with Namor the Sub-Mariner and the Original Human Torch, and even including the issue where they first meet / battle.

And the best thing, you can support Nick Perks, and purchase this image on shirts, tote bags, mugs, or as print.

But it at TeePublic.

Awesome Rev! We had more fans than I expected participating! I've posted a master post with links to their works: Here. I will update as the week goes by! Today's theme is TEAM UP! My own personal favorite Team Up is Doctor Doom and Namor! I'm looking forward to seeing others.

I have way too many favorite Namor artists to choose just one! However I always find myself wishing we had more of Marie Severin's Namor so I think she always gravitates to the top, but I love way too many artists, like Jae Lee, and Kris Anka! Everett and Ross are always on my list too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

https://www.mainframecomiccon.com/

https://twitter.com/MFComicCon

Has anyone heard about this online con? It's supposed to be free, and TOMORROW!

I'm interested in J.M. DeMatteis' panel, who has written quite a few Namor appearances, including the 1984 mini-series, IIRC. AND they've got Stuart Moore! The writer of the last Namor ongoing, NAMOR THE FIRST MUTANT. Though he's not there for that, I'm sure. However, somehow we're supposed to be able to ask questions, so....
    Thanks for the Links Rev! I'm curious to see what it's about.

A few artists who I think did Namor Justice:

Alex Ross
    John Buscema
    Jae Lee
    Esad Ribic

But my fav and maybe a surprise to most is Steve McNiven. His renders are perfect something I could look forward to and he wasn’t shy to throw on different costumes in his drawings

For today's theme I went with SUPER VILLAIN TEAM UP, and since I made more edits than can upload here, here's a link.

I made a gif edit out of subby1939's art, it's something I love very much, so thank you for sharing it! I added some smoke so it looks like mist rising from the water: link
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 04-25-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    For today's theme I went with SUPER VILLAIN TEAM UP, and since I made more edits than can upload here, here's a link.

I made a gif edit out of subby1939's art, it's something I love very much, so thank you for sharing it! I added some smoke so it looks like mist rising from the water: link
    These are so awesome! I love your gif! It makes it look even more atmospheric!

The mug shots are fun! Namor's rap sheet under "assaulted police officers" LOL! "SO MANY TIMES!"

Wonderful collage! I also love your "Fool!" "Idiot" edit. Perfect!