Page 59 of 123 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

NAMOR WEEK 2020

DAY 2
    - Team Up Pick your favorite Namor Team Up, since he’s been on so many teams there’s lots to choose from: Defenders, Invaders, Fantastic Four, Avengers, X-Men, Cabal, or do a team up you would like to see happen!

I was torn about which team to pick for Day 2 of Namor Week, as there are always some great moments for Namor in all his team ups. Doctor Doom is one of my favorite team ups for Namor, but I feel that particular team will be well represented. And Defenders is the team I grew up with for Namor. However, I went with INVADERS.

I actually haven’t read all of the original Invaders series from the 1970s, but I have read all the modern series. Between the two, I get the feeling that the Invaders would be Namor’s own favorite team up. He shares a special bond with this group, of course, because they went through a terrible war together, but also because this was Namor’s first adult group of friends. A group that has seen the best and worst of each other and the most vulnerable and the bravest of each other.

By John Watson, though I’m not sure if this was a commission or actually published.

A dynamic image, that looks like a painting. Also, Namor is front and center AND Punching Nazis!

Art by Tom Grummett. I believe a commission.

I love the clean lines of this piece. It seems to fit a retro period piece. Also, Namor is front and center. : )

Fred Hembeck’s hommage to the awesome Kevin Maguire Justice League cover, with the Invaders! Again, Namor is front and center .... and he looks so thrilled, doesn’t he?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    A few artists who I think did Namor Justice:

Alex Ross
    John Buscema
    Jae Lee
    Esad Ribic

But my fav and maybe a surprise to most is Steve McNiven. His renders are perfect something I could look forward to and he wasn’t shy to throw on different costumes in his drawings
    All excellent artists!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    These are so awesome! I love your gif! It makes it look even more atmospheric!

The mug shots are fun! Namor's rap sheet under "assaulted police officers" LOL! "SO MANY TIMES!"

Wonderful collage! I also love your "Fool!" "Idiot" edit. Perfect!
    Thanks Rev! I probably went overboard on the rap sheets, I had to look up the release dates the comics where those crimes were committed. I know no one but me would care but I didn't just want to use random dates, of course if I want to list all the times Namor fought the police that would need a list all its own!

NAMOR WEEK 2020

DAY 2
    - Team Up Pick your favorite Namor Team Up, since he’s been on so many teams there’s lots to choose from: Defenders, Invaders, Fantastic Four, Avengers, X-Men, Cabal, or do a team up you would like to see happen!

I was torn about which team to pick for Day 2 of Namor Week, as there are always some great moments for Namor in all his team ups. Doctor Doom is one of my favorite team ups for Namor, but I feel that particular team will be well represented. And Defenders is the team I grew up with for Namor. However, I went with INVADERS.

I actually haven’t read all of the original Invaders series from the 1970s, but I have read all the modern series. Between the two, I get the feeling that the Invaders would be Namor’s own favorite team up. He shares a special bond with this group, of course, because they went through a terrible war together, but also because this was Namor’s first adult group of friends. A group that has seen the best and worst of each other and the most vulnerable and the bravest of each other.

By John Watson, though I’m not sure if this was a commission or actually published.

A dynamic image, that looks like a painting. Also, Namor is front and center AND Punching Nazis!

Art by Tom Grummett. I believe a commission.

I love the clean lines of this piece. It seems to fit a retro period piece. Also, Namor is front and center. : )

Fred Hembeck’s hommage to the awesome Kevin Maguire Justice League cover, with the Invaders! Again, Namor is front and center .... and he looks so thrilled, doesn’t he?
    These are all great!!! I love that Waston piece! Makes me wish the next Invaders series has covers done in that style. I struggled to chose between SVTU and Invaders but Doom won in the end
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    For today's theme I went with SUPER VILLAIN TEAM UP, and since I made more edits than can upload here, here's a link.

I made a gif edit out of subby1939's art, it's something I love very much, so thank you for sharing it! I added some smoke so it looks like mist rising from the water: link
    That’s amazing! You’re so welcome that’s what it’s here for.

Fav team up .... Namor and the Phoenix Force ! I feel this power takes Namor to a level beyond monarch or team member. It makes him a force of nature . He already was super powerful and commanded respect whenever he popped up . The Phoenix force is a distinct entity and it’s not just going to bond with anyone .

I like the potential of Namor finally dishing out some hurt on those that have always done the same to him and his fellow kin. If there was ever a villain or dark force I would be terrified of , this version is it
    Last edited by Subby1939; 04-25-2020 at 07:23 PM.

NAMOR WEEK 2020

DAY 2
    My Top 3:

1. Namor & Hercules & Iron Man & Wonder Man

2. Namor & Iron Fist & Doom

3. Namor & Thor
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-01-2020 at 03:28 AM.

My submission for Namor Week day 3 is a fan art I had commissioned by an artist on twitter. She did a beautiful job!
    Day 3: What if? Dorma had lived; she and Namor had a daughter named Princess Fen ll? I'm so happy with this art!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That is lovely IW!

Here's a fanfic cover I saw on Tumblr just now:

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blo...5/189084916517
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That is lovely IW!

Ray, his is PERFECT for Day 3 of Namor Week! They've got so many AU / What If? Namor characters covered, and in his 'verse!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

My submission for Namor Week day 3 is a fan art I had commissioned by an artist on twitter. She did a beautiful job!
    Day 3: What if? Dorma had lived; she and Namor had a daughter named Princess Fen ll? I'm so happy with this art!

OMG. This is a gorgeous piece of art, and wonderful subjects! Sabriel is so talented, she has really moved me with this piece.

Is it digital or did she do it by traditional means?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That is lovely IW!

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blo...5/189084916517
    This is very awesome! When will Marvel wise up and give us a Namorverse series

OMG. This is a gorgeous piece of art, and wonderful subjects! Sabriel is so talented, she has really moved me with this piece.

Is it digital or did she do it by traditional means?
    Digital! Her work is wonderful and she has traditional stuff but it was a bit out of my price range, I'm so happy with this, I feel like there isn't enough Family Portraits of Namor (probably because Marvel keeps killing off his family members, ): )

For Namor Week Day 4 - Hurt/Comfort: There was a lot of emotional hurt in Marvels Snapshot: Sub-Mariner (Love that comic so much!) So I decided to go with comfort and I commissioned a Namor/Betty Dean art by another Artist! I had Betty in her police uniform and Namor wearing her hat, in that pose that was in reference to the infamous New York Kiss photo.

Here's a round up of everything fans submitted so far: Link

For Namor Week Day 4 - Hurt/Comfort: There was a lot of emotional hurt in Marvels Snapshot: Sub-Mariner (Love that comic so much!) So I decided to go with comfort and I commissioned a Namor/Betty Dean art by another Artist! I had Betty in her police uniform and Namor wearing her hat, in that pose that was in reference to the infamous New York Kiss photo.

Here's a round up of everything fans submitted so far: Link
    Awwww! One of my favorite couples with a great retro vibe!

Though, I did have a different take on Hurt / Comfort. LOL!

I've gotten behind on some things. We got called back to work, so there will be some major readjustment on my part. ;p

Awwww! One of my favorite couples with a great retro vibe!

Though, I did have a different take on Hurt / Comfort. LOL!

I've gotten behind on some things. We got called back to work, so there will be some major readjustment on my part. ;p
    I love Betty/Namor a lot and really wanted to include them in this week. It's ok Rev, we all know work and real life stuff comes first! I'm glad everyone is enjoying Namor Week so far, and for today's prompt - Domestic/Family, I chose to do some family icons!

more icons:

last icons: