Page 60 of 123 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I love Betty/Namor a lot and really wanted to include them in this week. It's ok Rev, we all know work and real life stuff comes first! I'm glad everyone is enjoying Namor Week so far, and for today's prompt - Domestic/Family, I chose to do some family icons!

I LOVE Fen's hair in this one. Curly UNDERWATER! LOL!

These are wonderful icons. Thank you so much for doing them, IW!

Really miss Namor's family. And yes, I think Vashti counts as family.

And this is definitely a favorite of mine. Look at Namor's expression!

more icons:

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This is very awesome! When will Marvel wise up and give us a Namorverse series

Digital! Her work is wonderful and she has traditional stuff but it was a bit out of my price range, I'm so happy with this, I feel like there isn't enough Family Portraits of Namor (probably because Marvel keeps killing off his family members, ): )
    Wow. It looks traditional. I may have to look into a commission myself, though generally I prefer traditional. I want to be able to hang it on my wall.

Yes, sad, but true. The family portrait has a lot of Xed out faces on it.

Oh my. A Namorverse series IS a big dream. Well, IF we get a super successful movie ....
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My Top 3:

1. Namor & Hercules & Iron Man & Wonder Man
    Hmmm. Is Doc Samson that strong? I wouldn't have thought it would take all those guys to restrain him.

I love Herc and Namor also. They are classic fun together.

2. Namor & Iron Fist & Doom

SVTU plus Iron Fist! I need to re-read those Namor issues where Iron Fist is resurrected. There's actually more of a connection between the two than most people think.

3. Namor & Thor
    [/QUOTE]

This was a cool story, with the introduction of Sedona -- an underwater sea-goddess, I believe.

We don't really see many team ups with Thor and Namor for some reason. Though, he did testify at Namor's trial as a character witness. : )

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I LOVE Fen's hair in this one. Curly UNDERWATER! LOL!

These are wonderful icons. Thank you so much for doing them, IW!

Really miss Namor's family. And yes, I think Vashti counts as family.

And this is definitely a favorite of mine. Look at Namor's expression!
    Glad you like them Rev! I agree, Vashti totally is family, now if only someone would bring him back, he's not even dead just forgotten.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Namor week is almost done! For today's prompt: Amnesia, I had an art sketch commissioned by the wonderful Ecairnsart. It's a familiar scene to Namor fans, but I love their work so much and wanted it in their style.

Also it may be a bit petty of me, but I was pleased when I saw that Marvels Snapshot's: Sub-Mariner, a single Namor focused comic was higher on the list the current ongoing Aquaman. I wish Marvel could see that Namor fans are ready for a new ongoing. Link

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Another alt-Namor, from Mangaverse.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

^^^LOL! I LOVE the Marvel Mangaverse.

I'm hopeful that there'll be a continuation someday.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-30-2020 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Another alt-Namor, from Mangaverse.
    I do like that armor and the costuming (except for the cut off / capri tights) ... and the backgrounds. Some cool artistic choices.

Not sure about that forehead though. O_O

Also waiting for Thor-El's reaction to that hair. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^LOL! I LOVE the Marvel Mangaverse.

I'm hopeful that there'll be a continuation someday.
    I was surprised that this didn't do better either sales wise or critically or with the fans. Most folks don't even know it existed.

Namor week is almost done! For today's prompt: Amnesia, I had an art sketch commissioned by the wonderful Ecairnsart. It's a familiar scene to Namor fans, but I love their work so much and wanted it in their style.

Oh my. That's is gorgeous! Ecairnsart is amazing! I love how he's giving Torch the WTF side eye, which is entirely reasonable, and which I wondered why Kirby didn't do originally. Great piece, IW!

Glad you like them Rev! I agree, Vashti totally is family, now if only someone would bring him back, he's not even dead just forgotten.
    I really don't understand why Vashti has been forgotten. We definitely need him back.

Also it may be a bit petty of me, but I was pleased when I saw that Marvels Snapshot's: Sub-Mariner, a single Namor focused comic was higher on the list the current ongoing Aquaman. I wish Marvel could see that Namor fans are ready for a new ongoing. Link
    Heh. If it's petty, then so am I. Also interesting to see how many more issues Namor sold than the FF / Johnny Storm Snapshot. O_O Sadly, Atlantis Attacks is sinking fast. But that also may show that people are tired of that plotline for Namor.

I do wish Marvel would at least sign up for another 12 issue mini. It's the least Namor deserves, especially when I see some of their other choices. Sadly, I don't think anyone will get to do anything while we are waiting for Aaron to finish trashing the character.

I haven't heard much about the DeConnick's Aquaman. Anyone read it?

Oh my. That's is gorgeous! Ecairnsart is amazing! I love how he's giving Torch the WTF side eye, which is entirely reasonable, and which I wondered why Kirby didn't do originally. Great piece, IW!

I really don't understand why Vashti has been forgotten. We definitely need him back.

Heh. If it's petty, then so am I. Also interesting to see how many more issues Namor sold than the FF / Johnny Storm Snapshot. O_O Sadly, Atlantis Attacks is sinking fast. But that also may show that people are tired of that plotline for Namor.

I do wish Marvel would at least sign up for another 12 issue mini. It's the least Namor deserves, especially when I see some of their other choices. Sadly, I don't think anyone will get to do anything while we are waiting for Aaron to finish trashing the character.

I haven't heard much about the DeConnick's Aquaman. Anyone read it?
    Thanks Rev! I love their style so much.

I mentioned to on twitter that a single comic of Namor was doing better than Aquaman and someone said that Atlantis Attacks wasn't doing well, and I countered that there's a DIFFERENCE when Namor is shown as the protagonist of a comic rather than the antagonist. You can't compare Namor in the villain role to Aquaman in the hero role. Also if Atlantis Attacks doesn't do well, why is Namor gonna get blamed for it? I love Pak's writing and have been buying the book but as you said Rev, maybe people are just tired of the same type of story line "Mad King Namor" is very over done at this point especially after Invaders 2019. Atlantis Attacks has some good stuff with it, and to be honest I am enjoying the book so far.

I've only been reading the current Aquaman run when I know Orm has been in the comic, lol, sorry I like Orm more than Arthur. So reading select issues has left me out of a lot of things going on in the plot. However spoilers:
    Arthur has a baby girl now that is his and Mera's, and Mera is in a coma, and she is supposed to be marrying someone else for politics? i dont know, honestly why aren't Mera and Arthur even married at this point? Anyways, Orm is now King of the City of Dagon, basically he has all the rejects and mutated Atlanteans as his subjects since he himself was outcast
    end of spoilers

In the latest twitter speculation ...

During the Quarantine Watch Party of Avengers Endgame with the directors and the writers, one of the writers, Christopher Markus was asked about the undersea earthquake, and whether or not it was a direct reference to Namor. He answered:

Sometimes, you plant seeds. Sometimes, they grow. -CM

Which is different from his previous answer a few months ago:

"I wish we were that smart."

Of course rampant jumping to conclusions ensued. It's entirely possible they meant, "look what the fans grew from some random words we dropped." OR it could mean, "look what Feige and company grew from some random words we dropped."

Time will tell. However, given how things are going with comics during the pandemic, I really wouldn't mind if Namor appeared in the movies, just so he would get a comic push, and move to the movie protected character status.

CBR has an article on the tweet, even if the writer doesn't appear to know that Aquaman is DC's Namor. ;p

Namor Week Day 7 is free day! I chose to commission Optyck for a fan art, and decided to have some fun by choosing to recreate the panel from Strange Tales (2009) #1. Of course Namor's favorite pizza definitely has anchovies!

Thanks Rev! I love their style so much.

I mentioned to on twitter that a single comic of Namor was doing better than Aquaman and someone said that Atlantis Attacks wasn't doing well, and I countered that there's a DIFFERENCE when Namor is shown as the protagonist of a comic rather than the antagonist. You can't compare Namor in the villain role to Aquaman in the hero role. Also if Atlantis Attacks doesn't do well, why is Namor gonna get blamed for it? I love Pak's writing and have been buying the book but as you said Rev, maybe people are just tired of the same type of story line "Mad King Namor" is very over done at this point especially after Invaders 2019. Atlantis Attacks has some good stuff with it, and to be honest I am enjoying the book so far.
    Well, Namor should NOT be getting the blame for that book. Look at Invaders. That book had solid numbers throughout the run. But good point. Namor is NOT the protagonist.

I also put the decline of Atlantis Attacks numbers to the fact that most people see that as yet another Agents of Atlas mini-series, and that isn't as popular.

I've only been reading the current Aquaman run when I know Orm has been in the comic, lol, sorry I like Orm more than Arthur. So reading select issues has left me out of a lot of things going on in the plot. However spoilers:
    Arthur has a baby girl now that is his and Mera's, and Mera is in a coma, and she is supposed to be marrying someone else for politics? i dont know, honestly why aren't Mera and Arthur even married at this point? Anyways, Orm is now King of the City of Dagon, basically he has all the rejects and mutated Atlanteans as his subjects since he himself was outcast
    end of spoilers
    That's because Orm is more like Namor. ;p

That sounds like a hot mess of a storyline.

In the latest twitter speculation ...

During the Quarantine Watch Party of Avengers Endgame with the directors and the writers, one of the writers, Christopher Markus was asked about the undersea earthquake, and whether or not it was a direct reference to Namor. He answered:

Sometimes, you plant seeds. Sometimes, they grow. -CM

Which is different from his previous answer a few months ago:

"I wish we were that smart."

Of course rampant jumping to conclusions ensued. It's entirely possible they meant, "look what the fans grew from some random words we dropped." OR it could mean, "look what Feige and company grew from some random words we dropped."

Time will tell. However, given how things are going with comics during the pandemic, I really wouldn't mind if Namor appeared in the movies, just so he would get a comic push, and move to the movie protected character status.

CBR has an article on the tweet, even if the writer doesn't appear to know that Aquaman is DC's Namor. ;p
    I REALLY don't want Namor in a BP2 movie, but if it does go that way I hope Marvel at least gives us a comic. I honestly hate how much the MCU and Marvel movie people keep changing their minds about what they mean about the movies. Give us a clear answer! Namor in a Doctor Strange movie thats kinda like Defenders would be so much better imo.