Page 7 of 123 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes indeed. I have always seen Maddie with Brown or Auburn (her true color) hair, never black. Also, she was always drawn with a beautiful face, and albeit while slightly different from one artist to another, none looked like above. If I saw that face without the costume, I would have no idea who it was supposed to represent.
    Ah, yes, you're right there on the hair color. But it didn't register with me.

The art isn't the best, but as the artists age, sometimes their skills do so also.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thanks Rev, yes even in the last Invaders series I felt his flight power wasn't used enough.
    Nowadays, it rarely is.

I got issue 20 yesterday. That's the way to get them, all I own are digital, plus it makes it easier if you want to share something online. Same thing with comics although those you may want to get physically to be able to sell them in the future. I bought all the last Invaders series physically, they all had a digital code that sadly expired before I could get the digital copies. Gotta be more careful next time.
    Excellent point about the digital copies. I've picked up a few on eBay or lucked out on sales at the comic book stores.

I thought the codes lasted for a year on the Marvel digital comics?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

NAMORITA IS COMING BACK?! NITA IS ON THE COVER OF THE NEW WARRIORS! There's a new New Warriors reboot series!!! link

edit: another cover!

Nita is confirmed to be on the team and I hope that means we get a Namor and Nita and Namora reunion!
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 01-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    NAMORITA IS COMING BACK?! NITA IS ON THE COVER OF THE NEW WARRIORS! There's a new New Warriors reboot series!!! link

Nita is confirmed to be on the team and I hope that means we get a Namor and Nita and Namora reunion!

Oh, IW. After all this time, you should know better. I'd be amazed if either Namor or Namora are even mentioned. {sadly shakes head}

Otherwise ... I'm glad to see SOMEONE use Namorita in a speaking role.

What is going on with that costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, IW. After all this time, you should know better. I'd be amazed if either Namor or Namora are even mentioned. {sadly shakes head}

I live in eternal hope! (I should curb my expectations BUT I can't wonder if this means a Namor solo is closer than we think?) I'm already fond of her new outfit, its a cool look!

Namor made a rather sage appearance in the first volume of New Warriors from the 90's, so it's understandable to be a little optimistic.

Mighty Member

Nowadays, it rarely is.

Excellent point about the digital copies. I've picked up a few on eBay or lucked out on sales at the comic book stores.

I thought the codes lasted for a year on the Marvel digital comics?
    YAY! I checked and you were right!!! Just went and redeemed the entire Zdarsky series from 2-12 as I had redeemed #1 when it came out. Thanks for the clarification, if I had waited until February I probably would have lost being able to redeem #2. Also redeemed my Jane Foster #1 Couldn't find a code for The Invaders (1975) #1 reprint. This is all the physical comic books I bought last year.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post

WOW NITA IS BACK!! Great news! And that cover looks pretty great, love the way the artist drew her side shot, she looks beautiful!!!

Mighty Member

I've always used my Pinterest account to share images in the forum. There has been several days since all my Pinterest images stopped showing, even the ones on the Namor Readathon which I always wanted to eventually go back to. I have contacted a moderator to find out what is going on.

Mighty Member

Anyone serious about collecting Namor comics should have the Marvel Comics Index from the 70s. I'm a proud owner of it since decades ago. Never thought I would see it listed at Ebay and at that price is a steal!!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comi...60da0e4a1763d2

I've always used my Pinterest account to share images in the forum. There has been several days since all my Pinterest images stopped showing, even the ones on the Namor Readathon which I always wanted to eventually go back to. I have contacted a moderator to find out what is going on.
    I had the same problem a few days ago ... I think with the Namor print. I think that's probably a Pinterest issue, rather than a forum issue. They probably don't want to be used as a photo hosting site anymore.

Anyone serious about collecting Namor comics should have the Marvel Comics Index from the 70s. I'm a proud owner of it since decades ago. Never thought I would see it listed at Ebay and at that price is a steal!!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comi...60da0e4a1763d2
    That is a great find! It's a cool magazine, even though the index part is mostly available online now. It had some other things in it also, IIRC, including some unpublished art.

So, Chris Yost, who besides writing comics, also writes for shows like The Mandalorian and Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes (where he was also a producer) was answering questions on Twitter the other day. And revealed had plans for Defenders AND Namor if he'd gotten to do a third season of Avengers EMH. Namor would have gotten a whole episode with a flashback of the Invaders.

https://twitter.com/Cyberjaeger/stat...88652677206024

Of course, Chris Yost also had an Atlantean story line with Atlantis, specificially with Namora, Water Snake, and Namorita, that he never got to in the last revival of New Warriors.

https://twitter.com/yost/status/1097920256381661184

So that is TWICE that Yost pulled a Robinson. Here's hoping if he writes a third comic with the opportunity to do a Namor / Atlantean story, he'll do it FIRST, instead of waiting and getting canceled.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-12-2020 at 08:09 PM.

I had the same problem a few days ago ... I think with the Namor print. I think that's probably a Pinterest issue, rather than a forum issue. They probably don't want to be used as a photo hosting site anymore.
    No, it's definitely a forum issue. The pin img part of the url is being swear word filtered, which breaks the links. Apparently CBR has banned Pinterest. You should switch to Imgur.

Nobody should use Photobucket anymore either, as they add a horrible banner in the middle of the image and sometimes blur the image too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So, Chris Yost, who besides writing comics, also writes for shows like The Mandalorian and Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes (where he was also a producer) was answering questions on Twitter the other day. And revealed had plans for Defenders AND Namor if he'd gotten to do a third season of Avengers EMH. Namor would have gotten a whole episode with a flashback of the Invaders.

https://twitter.com/Cyberjaeger/stat...88652677206024

Of course, Chris Yost also had an Atlantean story line with Atlantis, specificially with Namora, Water Snake, and Namorita, that he never got to in the last revival of New Warriors.

https://twitter.com/yost/status/1097920256381661184

So that is TWICE that Yost pulled a Robinson. Here's hoping if he writes a third comic with the opportunity to do a Namor / Atlantean story, he'll do it FIRST, instead of waiting and getting canceled.
    AHH, I want a Namor animated show so much, even an episode would be ok, why do people always wait to use him/atlanteans? Here's hoping Marvel steps up their animation game, thats the one thing that DC excels at, Marvel really needs to do a series for all the major teams, defenders, avengers, xmen, fantastic four

I have literally been LOL for about 30 minutes over this. My co-workers think I'm nuts. Okay, they knew I was nuts, but now they REALLY know. And I hear you are to blame, IW! Thank you! Made my day!