Page 71 of 123 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeltyRat_REX View Post
    Hey guys I’m new to this thread & a huge Namor fan! When do y’all think Namor’s gonna be introduced in the MCU & how? Imperious Rex!
    Hello and Welcome!!! I hope Namor gets introduced in a movie Defenders team up in Doctor Strange 2, but it's more likely he will show up in Black Panther 2 (ugh) or in a Fantastic Four movie. I really hope they don't go the BP2 route because Namor would end up being trashed and used as villain.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hello and Welcome!!! I hope Namor gets introduced in a movie Defenders team up in Doctor Strange 2, but it's more likely he will show up in Black Panther 2 (ugh) or in a Fantastic Four movie. I really hope they don't go the BP2 route because Namor would end up being trashed and used as villain.
    You never know. More than one of us probably cringed a bit when the word got out they were using M'Baku, and he turned out to be a highlight of the film.

Hello and Welcome!!! I hope Namor gets introduced in a movie Defenders team up in Doctor Strange 2, but it's more likely he will show up in Black Panther 2 (ugh) or in a Fantastic Four movie. I really hope they don't go the BPion2 route because Namor would end up being trashed and used as villain.
    Did I hear "Defenders Movie" mentioned?!? Yes, Please!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You never know. More than one of us probably cringed a bit when the word got out they were using M'Baku, and he turned out to be a highlight of the film.
    Why yes, yes I did!

still no animated special? taking advantage of lots of underwater landscapes? hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    still no animated special? taking advantage of lots of underwater landscapes? hmm..
    The amount of things Marvel is NOT taking advantage of when it comes to Namor is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would love an animated movie or series, I had thought the question meant for a live action Namor, but honestly a animated one would be so much better and it would be far better to depict all the underwater action.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    The amount of things Marvel is NOT taking advantage of when it comes to Namor is depressing.
    That's so very true ):

Namor makes an appearance in Giant Size X-Men: Magneto and guest stars in the book!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Namor makes an appearance in Giant Size X-Men: Magneto and guest stars in the book!
    Hah! Love that scene!

ImperiusWrecked you are doing a great job of keeping this thread active. I hope everything is OK with Reviresco

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hah! Love that scene!

ImperiusWrecked you are doing a great job of keeping this thread active. I hope everything is OK with Reviresco
    Thanks Iron Maiden, I will keep posting Namor updates as they happen, but I hope Rev is doing ok and comes back soon. The thread isn't the same without them. I did try messaging them on their Namor Blog account but got no reply, I do feel concerned because since I've joined this thread I've never seen them go so long without posting or checking in. ):

I laughed at "Namor doesn't even care about this island, he won it from a Swede in World War II."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks Iron Maiden, I will keep posting Namor updates as they happen, but I hope Rev is doing ok and comes back soon. The thread isn't the same without them. I did try messaging them on their Namor Blog account but got no reply, I do feel concerned because since I've joined this thread I've never seen them go so long without posting or checking in. ):
    Another person that's been gone for a while is our French friend Abe. I tried his email twice and got no reply He is a friend to this thread and the Doom appreciation thread.

See, I think Namor could be a part of any movie, Panther 2

and be more of "an anti-hero" than a villain. Maybe we could find out that it takes two to tangle in the MCU and there is a different spin.

Like a generational conflict between the monarchies?

Or a more ancient one

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    See, I think Namor could be a part of any movie, Panther 2

and be more of "an anti-hero" than a villain. Maybe we could find out that it takes two to tangle in the MCU and there is a different spin.

Like a generational conflict between the monarchies?

Or a more ancient one
    I tend to agree. It takes the right actor, but I think on Hiddleston's Loki. He became at least as much a draw for the Thor franchise as the title character. And with Namor (if depicted correctly), there's less problem in making a protagonist out of an antagonist. Loki, at heart, is just a dangerously greedy and narcissistic guy; Namor doesn't have that complication. Demanding and arrogant? Absolutely. Dangerous? You bet. But not greedy or narcissistic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I tend to agree. It takes the right actor, but I think on Hiddleston's Loki. He became at least as much a draw for the Thor franchise as the title character. And with Namor (if depicted correctly), there's less problem in making a protagonist out of an antagonist. Loki, at heart, is just a dangerously greedy and narcissistic guy; Namor doesn't have that complication. Demanding and arrogant? Absolutely. Dangerous? You bet. But not greedy or narcissistic.
    The question is what franchise does Namor get developed in? Is Marvel really going to have him feature in Black Panther films back to back and make him the effective co-lead or would he just be introduced in BP2 then shifted into the X-Men or Doctor Strange films?

He has the makings of a fan favorite supporting character for the reasons you mentioned. But with the MCU as large as it is now, there's less space to go around for narrative development, especially for characters that won't get their own films.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-16-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I laughed at "Namor doesn't even care about this island, he won it from a Swede in World War II."
    LMAO, loved that. Namor must have kept his cool in that card game unlike this one fan art

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Another person that's been gone for a while is our French friend Abe. I tried his email twice and got no reply He is a friend to this thread and the Doom appreciation thread.
    I remember Abe, and yeah a lot of people seem to be absent. Hope they are all doing ok.