Page 74 of 123 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

That is a great video thanks Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, thank you, IW. I missed you guys.

Yeah, I'm not that fond of transformed air breathers sneaking into Atlantis. But at least it's not the Ka-Zar nonsense of spying on Atlantis and fighting sea monsters while holding his breath.
    I'm currently guessing it might be something magical Conan does. We still don't have any news, that I am aware of, of when Atlantis Attacks will come out with the last few issues yet, but Namor was seen in the Giant Size X-Men: Magento if you missed that one, so I'm just wondering when/if Hickman is bringing Namor fully on board with the X-Men.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Well, thank you, IW. I missed you guys.

Yeah, I'm not that fond of transformed air breathers sneaking into Atlantis. But at least it's not the Ka-Zar nonsense of spying on Atlantis and fighting sea monsters while holding his breath.
    Rev is back!!! Does the Charlie Brown happy dance!

Just read Battle for the Serpent Crown. I'll just say for now that some of my fears for this issue were confirmed. I hope Namor does shows up the next issue, if not then this appearance was really terrible and shows how disposable the character is for new Marvel writers.

And so proud to be the owner of a couple classic Namor statues. Sharing a couple pictures showing the Marvel milestone and Hard Hero Namor statues. As far as Namor classic statues is concerned, IMO these two statues are the best. They display Namor in his classic style with a rounded not triangular face and a good musculature, very 60s Marvel cartoon style (Gene Colan / John Buscema Silver Age Tales to Astonish/Sub-mariner #1) which to me will always be my Namor. I also own the Bowen mini bust which has also a more rounded head than his more triangular head full statue.

35a91d2d8c77bdf9a46a648b3fd8f5ef.jpg
    053645ddf68876fe6dcc2e589f5deed9.jpg
    Last edited by Thor-El; 08-19-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Rev is back!!! Does the Charlie Brown happy dance!

And so proud to be the owner of a couple classic Namor statues. Sharing a couple pictures showing the Marvel milestone and Hard Hero Namor statues. As far as Namor classic statues is concerned, IMO these two statues are the best. They display Namor in his classic style with a rounded not triangular face and a good musculature, very 60s Marvel cartoon style (Gene Colan / John Buscema Silver Age Tales to Astonish/Sub-mariner #1) which to me will always be my Namor. I also own the Bowen mini bust which has also a more rounded head than his more triangular head full statue.

35a91d2d8c77bdf9a46a648b3fd8f5ef.jpg
    053645ddf68876fe6dcc2e589f5deed9.jpg
    So happy to see you too, Thor-El!

Those are great Namor statues! And nicely displayed. The speedo is always the best, for my personal taste. I didn't think about it, but that Diamond Select statue probably is closest to the Gene Colan / John Buscema "bullet head" Namor. May have to take another look at that statue.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hey there......So glad to see you're back!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hey there......So glad to see you're back!
    Hi, Iron Maiden! Thank you! Hopefully things have settled down enough for me to pop in more regularly.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm currently guessing it might be something magical Conan does. We still don't have any news, that I am aware of, of when Atlantis Attacks will come out with the last few issues yet, but Namor was seen in the Giant Size X-Men: Magento if you missed that one, so I'm just wondering when/if Hickman is bringing Namor fully on board with the X-Men.
    They just announced today, that Atlantis Attacks will be back in November, I believe.

I haven't been keeping up with Hickman's X-Men, but I don't get the feeling that he's going to actually make him part of the book / line. I could, of course, be wrong on that.

Just read Battle for the Serpent Crown. I'll just say for now that some of my fears for this issue were confirmed. I hope Namor does shows up the next issue, if not then this appearance was really terrible and shows how disposable the character is for new Marvel writers.
    My disappointment in Saladin Ahmed's Battle For the Serpent Crown #4 is very, very, very deep. I had such high hopes for this issue. More on this later.

On the plus side, Luke Ross' art is lovely. The splash page with Namor finally appearing is gorgeous.

Hi Reviresco, I get my issues later than most, and don't really care about spoilers. Can you indicate (or anyone) your displeasure, the reasons? I've read Subby since the '60s but I'm not super involved in the fandom stuff.

Mighty Member

So happy to see you too, Thor-El!

Those are great Namor statues! And nicely displayed. The speedo is always the best, for my personal taste. I didn't think about it, but that Diamond Select statue probably is closest to the Gene Colan / John Buscema "bullet head" Namor. May have to take another look at that statue.
    I grabbed it for $170.00 at Ebay when Diamond, because of the pandemic, cancelled the new Hela statue that I have been saving my money for. At the same time Ebay had this damaged statue that was my favorite because of all the reasons stated and being the classic Subby #1 pose by Buscema. A couple of wings were broken but you cannot really tell. I was able to repair one because the owner still had the piece that broke. The other one is missing a tip that I will have to shape and glue myself so its more difficult. In mint condition it goes for up to $750.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prince-Namo...0/372623988478

I wasn't looking for any more Namor statues but the Hard Hero statue (Namor coming from the waters like the 60s cartoon) was even a greater steal for $100, it actually was $50 but he charged $50 for shipping. That was a bid that no one showed up but me so he tried to recup some of the value of the statue which is BRAND NEW with shipping. When I complained about shipping he immediately offered to return my money if I wanted which I of course said no. The resell price of both statues is much more than what I paid. Probably not now as most people are broke and maybe the reason I was able to get these at this price.

I grabbed it for $170.00 at Ebay when Diamond, because of the pandemic, cancelled the new Hela statue that I have been saving my money for. At the same time Ebay had this damaged statue that was my favorite because of all the reasons stated and being the classic Subby #1 pose by Buscema. A couple of wings were broken but you cannot really tell. I was able to repair one because the owner still had the piece that broke. The other one is missing a tip that I will have to shape and glue myself so its more difficult. In mint condition it goes for up to $750.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prince-Namo...0/372623988478

I wasn't looking for any more Namor statues but the Hard Hero statue (Namor coming from the waters like the 60s cartoon) was even a greater steal for $100, it actually was $50 but he charged $50 for shipping. That was a bid that no one showed up but me so he tried to recup some of the value of the statue which is BRAND NEW with shipping. When I complained about shipping he immediately offered to return my money if I wanted which I of course said no. The resell price of both statues is much more than what I paid. Probably not now as most people are broke and maybe the reason I was able to get these at this price.

Excellent buys! And great idea on 'broken' one. I didn't notice that at all. And the ankle wings are prone to breakage.

Yeah, things are so uncertain nowadays, that I have pretty much avoided eBay so I won't be tempted, but I noticed that there are bargains to be had. There are only 3 Namor statues, other than customs, that I'm hunting for now. Two are pricey: The Dark X-Men diorama and the X-Studio Namor on a Kraken. The other doesn't come up much: the ARH statue.

Mighty Member

Excellent buys! And great idea on 'broken' one. I didn't notice that at all. And the ankle wings are prone to breakage.

Yeah, things are so uncertain nowadays, that I have pretty much avoided eBay so I won't be tempted, but I noticed that there are bargains to be had. There are only 3 Namor statues, other than customs, that I'm hunting for now. Two are pricey: The Dark X-Men diorama and the X-Studio Namor on a Kraken. The other doesn't come up much: the ARH statue.
    Yes, I saw a Bronze Bowen Namor full statue at a steal of a prize in the Ebay history search. Don't worry I'm avoiding Ebay too now, that was my self made father's day gift and a consolation for not getting Hela that I saved for all 2019 and never came out.

Expect to pay more than a grand on those, specially Namor on a Kraken which is huge. I love the pose on the X-Men diorama, Namor looks swole and imposing. But he has the copacabana outfit in both.

Your disappearance from the board had me thinking maybe Marvel had wisen up and made you an offer and hired you to help adapt Namor to the MCU as a consultant. I've tried to PM you a couple times but your messages box in CBR is full.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 08-20-2020 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Hi Reviresco, I get my issues later than most, and don't really care about spoilers. Can you indicate (or anyone) your displeasure, the reasons? I've read Subby since the '60s but I'm not super involved in the fandom stuff.
    Good to see you, Oberon!

I admit, part of my disappointment with Battle for the Serpent Crown is I had such high hopes for it. Saladin Ahmed had expressed interest / admiration for Namor on twitter. He appeared to have even read some of the Golden Age stuff. He created a fun alternate universe Namor for his Exiles run. And he won an Eisner for his Black Bolt series. Plus, the Serpent Crown IS an Atlantean / Lemurian artifact. It's first appearance and it's origin / set up was in Subby's book.

So, I was expecting an issue packed with cool Atlantean stuff and some high quality writing with Namor. Instead, Namor barely shows up, he doesn't really sound like Namor, and he immediately gets jobbed physically, mentally, and culturally by air breathers, IN his own element. The fact that Namor is one of the few people who has repeatedly resisted the mind control powers of the Serpent Crown is never mentioned. The fact that the Crown was used against Namor in Invaders recently, and wouldn't just be laying around in an open cave guarded by only two Atlaneans, is ignored.

I read the previous issue to see if the writing was as superhero team-up pedestrian, and it was. Though, of course, T'challa and the Wakandans didn't get jobbed.

I am SO tired of any old airbreather just wandering into Atlantis, jobbing the Atlaneans and Namor while spying, stealing, murdering, and generally trashing the place -- all with zero consequences. I'm SO tired of other characters / franchises absconding / appropriating Atlantean tech or magic or history, while OG gets kicked to the side and gets NO development whatsoever.

Yes. Annoyed am I. ;p

Though, again, the art by Luke Ross was pretty.

It appears there is no new stuff with Namor for the November solicits.

He might appear on the last page of the Avengers issue for that month, since the Phoenix is allegedly arriving. But to be honest, I have zero hopes anything good will come out of this story line for Namor. With Cap, She-Hulk and Black Panther already named as getting the Phoenix Force, I think there's nothing but more awfulness in Namor's future. At least we'll get some pretty art out of it.

And then there's is this cover.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #23
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • LEE GARBETT (A) • Cover by JORGE MOLINA
    VARIANT COVER BY Russell Dauterman
    MEET THE VILLAIN OF THE CENTURY!
    The future is here — and haunting Captain Marvel! New York City is in chaos, and all her strongest allies are gone. But the enemy has only grown stronger with time. The child of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] makes Carol Danvers' life a living hell…and you're gonna love every second of it.

Who could REDACTED be? uhn huhn
    Maybe this will help.

Last edited by Reviresco; 08-20-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ugh....I hate that mish mash of color on what ever that is Namor is wearing on that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ugh....I hate that mish mash of color on what ever that is Namor is wearing on that cover.
    On that first cover? I don't think it is Namor, but yes, there's a lot of busy going on with that costume.

Not that keen on this idea, if it IS Namor. But really. That first cover all but screams it Namor's kid.

Yes, I saw a Bronze Bowen Namor full statue at a steal of a prize in the Ebay history search. Don't worry I'm avoiding Ebay too now, that was my self made father's day gift and a consolation for not getting Hela that I saved for all 2019 and never came out.

Expect to pay more than a grand on those, specially Namor on a Kraken which is huge. I love the pose on the X-Men diorama, Namor looks swole and imposing. But he has the copacabana outfit in both.

Your disappearance from the board had me thinking maybe Marvel had wisen up and made you an offer and hired you to help adapt Namor to the MCU as a consultant. I've tried to PM you a couple times but your messages box in CBR is full.
    Oh, don't I wish!!! Sadly, I'm only an unpaid nag for Marvel about Namor. LOL!

Ah, didn't realize that. Just deleted some messages.

Yes, the Namor on a Kraken is not only the big bucks, but it's from Asia, and the shipping is horrendous. I keep looking for a US seller, but even then, they probably will want over a $1000 for the statue alone.

LOL! Copacabana outfit! I agree, not my favorite costume for either one, but the X-Men one is definitely swole. I think there's an Ariel Olivetti print that goes with it. I need to find someone selling the Namor part of the diorama by itself.