Page 76 of 123 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The promo art and snippet of the New New Warriors showed us an updated version of Nita, and it was said it was the old team back together again, so I can't wait for the New Warriors (2020) series to finally be released to see what they have done with Nita. Honestly at this point I don't even care if they give no backstory as to how she came back to life, I just want the character back because I love her. lol

Oh yes. I forgot about that, somehow. There was so much complaining about the new team. I don't think it has been rescheduled, has it?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes. It was basically the same thing! Leaping out of a Wakandan air ship over Atlantis. Which makes them doing it again with Conan even worse. Though at least this time they came up with something to allow Conan to breath water instead of Ka-Zar free diving miles down on a single breath.

I don't think it has much to do with Aquaman, at least in the comics.

I agree with that 200%! If I never see Wakanda and Atlantis in the same sentence again, much less on the same page, I will be very happy.

Remember, in Zdarsky's Invaders, it was Machan / Namor's idea to change all the surface dwellers into water breathers. Something I didn't think Namor would do, personally, given his experience with Hydroman, Betty Dean, and his own gill - less experiences.

I don't know. I don't see anyone 'protecting' Namor at Marvel right now and telling writers what they can or cannot do with the character. Quite the opposite. I guess I think Saladin Ahmed missed a great opportunity to do a cool story that actually built on the shared continuities / histories of both Conan and Namor. The one plausible team-up that wouldn't be forced or yet another "man out of time" Conan story -- and instead we got this standard fare, that could have been Conan searching for any magic McGuffin. Think about it. We could have gotten something expanding on the Nexus of All Realities and Celito, or Kamuu and Zarta, or something with Llyra! We could have gotten a Kull meets Conan! At the very least, we should have gotten loincloth Conan meeting speedo Namor and agreeing shirts are overrated. ;p
    I am facepalming myself so hard right now. LMAO. I had totally forgotten the compound is originally from Invaders, I don't know how it slipped my mind completely maybe because I felt let down by the series and I was really looking forward to Invaders. It's good in some parts but as an overall overview I feel it failed to live up to my expectations.

Conan and Namor could bond over wearing less clothes then other heroes XD

Oh yes. I forgot about that, somehow. There was so much complaining about the new team. I don't think it has been rescheduled, has it?
    As far as I know it's being released in October? I think? I can't recall the exact date, but I am not sure if this series will continue out of the proposed mini that it is since it did not have a good reception from the fans.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Fascinating. The Llyra/Llyron story was around "The Courtship of Sue Richards" when she imitated her to entrap Namor. The denouement, when Sue and Namor have their final kiss is very beloved to me.

But I get the point, the 'canon' is not secure, as it should be perhaps. Since I'm trying to read between lines, I guess Namorita, the clone of Namora, is not as strong as her? Or does that refer to her before/originally any mutations or changes?

has Namor visited aquatic societies on other planets? might be interesting to see him somehow stuck in the midst of a rebellion, "Planet Hulk" style...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has Namor visited aquatic societies on other planets? might be interesting to see him somehow stuck in the midst of a rebellion, "Planet Hulk" style...
    Zdarsky had Namor visit a water planet which may or may not have had ancestors / a lost colony of Atlanteans called the Vodani in his Invaders prequel, Namor Best Defense.

He's visited various other dimensions, encountering other aquatic races, like the People of the Black Sea and Zephyrland -- they were in his silver / bronze age run.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Oh I remember Wundarr, I think he just fades out of comics? I liked how protective Nita was of him.

[/img]
    Ah such beautiful artwork, and so well written. Namor trying to avoid the surface word to avoid conflict but finally giving out to Namorita's plead. Such stark contrast with the latest out of character nonsense writers put out like Namor ready to execute Namora for treason in that last Hydra Captain America crossover. This Marvel Two in One story was special to me besides the Gil Kane gorgeous artwork it was my introduction to Namorita. Thanks for posting this page.

Mighty Member

Continuity and consistency didn't exist in the Golden Age. In fact, I'd say the only guy that even attempted it was Bill Everett with this serial stories about Namor. He even tried to explain his version of Namor the ultraman of the deeps, with the much less powerful character others made him into with one of the most iconic Golden Age Namor panels ever!

Everett had Namor strapped into that Atlantean machine to restore Namor's powers, and it reinvigorated him, to say the least.

I do agree, however, that modern writers tend to abuse other characters to pump up their favorite characters.

Sadly, we probably won't see Namor don his eco-warrior role again, if this rumor about the Aquaman 2 movie is true.
    I still need to read that Golden Age story but I'll tell you I read the two retelling of Namor origins by Everett when there is like a 5 or 10 year hiatus on his magazine. the first retelling is super interesting and he has Mckenzie living with Fen and staying behind after his ship leaves. Love that story and wish Everett had continued the retelling instead of simplifying it again when the comic resumed publication with the Atlas imprint years after.

About the James Wang rumor that he probably confirmed this weekend on Fandome, it makes me feel so bad to see Namor get plundered of his stories as Aquaman appropriates of everything first.

I am facepalming myself so hard right now. LMAO. I had totally forgotten the compound is originally from Invaders, I don't know how it slipped my mind completely maybe because I felt let down by the series and I was really looking forward to Invaders. It's good in some parts but as an overall overview I feel it failed to live up to my expectations.

Conan and Namor could bond over wearing less clothes then other heroes XD
    Exactly!

LOL! I forgot it myself, initially, but eventually realized that's what they were talking about. I definitely am torn about Zdarsky's Invaders, but emotional high points, and the art, outweigh the head scratchers and my annoyance with the major retcons and yet another "crazy Namor" story. But I'm definitely buying the deluxe oversized edition collecting the whole series and Best Defense that they are coming out with in November, I think.

29A002E3-6E2A-4054-B4CC-029B7C0FC22C.jpg

As far as I know it's being released in October? I think? I can't recall the exact date, but I am not sure if this series will continue out of the proposed mini that it is since it did not have a good reception from the fans.
    Hmmmm. I'll have to do some digging. There's a bunch of titles that Marvel put on hold that still haven't been rescheduled (still holding out for The Union), and I thought this was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Fascinating. The Llyra/Llyron story was around "The Courtship of Sue Richards" when she imitated her to entrap Namor. The denouement, when Sue and Namor have their final kiss is very beloved to me.

But I get the point, the 'canon' is not secure, as it should be perhaps. Since I'm trying to read between lines, I guess Namorita, the clone of Namora, is not as strong as her? Or does that refer to her before/originally any mutations or changes?
    I think that was the case BEFORE Namorita became Kymera. Which happened, in part, because Namorita wasn't an exact clone of Namora. She had genetic material from ancient Atlantean warriors -- not sure WHERE that exactly came from.

Exactly. It's only canon until a writer comes along and retcons it so we get yet another "secret history."

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I still need to read that Golden Age story but I'll tell you I read the two retelling of Namor origins by Everett when there is like a 5 or 10 year hiatus on his magazine. the first retelling is super interesting and he has Mckenzie living with Fen and staying behind after his ship leaves. Love that story and wish Everett had continued the retelling instead of simplifying it again when the comic resumed publication with the Atlas imprint years after.

About the James Wang rumor that he probably confirmed this weekend on Fandome, it makes me feel so bad to see Namor get plundered of his stories as Aquaman appropriates of everything first.
    Well, Wan confirmed the Aquaman 2 movie would be more serious ... not sure if the means going the environmental angle. I hope not. Speaking, of ... here's another great piece Nick Perks did for the CBR's Line is Drawn, where they mashed up album covers and superhero.

I hope Perks puts this up on his TeePublic account, as I've already bought this previous Namor album cover mash-up on a shirt.

Obviously I need to read those Everett retellings. I didn't remember one where McKenzie and Fen live together after the ship leaves. There was one that had McKenzie alive and returning to the US -- which may be where Gerry Conway got the idea for having Namor discover his father was alive after he abdicated because of Lady Dorma's death.

Ah such beautiful artwork, and so well written. Namor trying to avoid the surface word to avoid conflict but finally giving out to Namorita's plead. Such stark contrast with the latest out of character nonsense writers put out like Namor ready to execute Namora for treason in that last Hydra Captain America crossover. This Marvel Two in One story was special to me besides the Gil Kane gorgeous artwork it was my introduction to Namorita. Thanks for posting this page.
    Exactly. I love how Namor asks her if it means so much her. He's such a soft touch. LOL!

Everett did such a great job of capturing Nita's teenager personality and this story builds on that. It's part of the reason why I like the idea of Namorita being younger again.

Found this from the preview for Marvel Snapshots X-Men Cyclops drawn by Tom Reilly.

Looks like young Cyclops is traumatized by a newsreel featuring Namor ... and the FF. It explains so much about their relationship during Utopia. ;p

I think that was the case BEFORE Namorita became Kymera. Which happened, in part, because Namorita wasn't an exact clone of Namora. She had genetic material from ancient Atlantean warriors -- not sure WHERE that exactly came from.

Exactly. It's only canon until a writer comes along and retcons it so we get yet another "secret history."
    They used to be better at keeping the continuity. I can barely remember the Kymera thing. So much, I didn't make the reference, because I couldn't remember the name's spelling . . .

I don't remember her status being changed from clone of Namora to clone, + something. But some of those books I may have only read one time and never read them again. That was in New Warriors, I bet.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Oh what an interesting choice for Namor art and it's bold to include plastics and trash on the art because of how the ocean is polluted.

You're welcome Thor-El! Nita has such a kind heart.

Exactly. I love how Namor asks her if it means so much her. He's such a soft touch. LOL!

Everett did such a great job of capturing Nita's teenager personality and this story builds on that. It's part of the reason why I like the idea of Namorita being younger again.
    I honestly think Nita should stay as a young teen/early twenties character for a long time because she is Atlantean and they are long lived, so no need to age her and also I believe Atlanteans would mature differently so she would still be a teen sidekick type for a while. Not to say she couldn't hold her own series and be a lead character, honestly out of all the female characters in Atlantis Nita would have the highest chance of being a solo, but with Namor not even getting one then its even less of a chance of Nita having one.

Exactly!

LOL! I forgot it myself, initially, but eventually realized that's what they were talking about. I definitely am torn about Zdarsky's Invaders, but emotional high points, and the art, outweigh the head scratchers and my annoyance with the major retcons and yet another "crazy Namor" story. But I'm definitely buying the deluxe oversized edition collecting the whole series and Best Defense that they are coming out with in November, I think.

Hmmmm. I'll have to do some digging. There's a bunch of titles that Marvel put on hold that still haven't been rescheduled (still holding out for The Union), and I thought this was one of them.

They used to be better at keeping the continuity. I can barely remember the Kymera thing. So much, I didn't make the reference, because I couldn't remember the name's spelling . . .

I don't remember her status being changed from clone of Namora to clone, + something. But some of those books I may have only read one time and never read them again. That was in New Warriors, I bet.
    You're right, New Warriors (1990) #44, Namor hears the story of what exactly happened with Namora and Nita, and how Nita was injected with the genes of ancient Atlantean Warriors, in the same issue Nita catches Namor in a net when he goes to look for her and they talk, she claims that Namorita is dead and only "ghost shark" Kymaera lives:

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Oh what an interesting choice for Namor art and it's bold to include plastics and trash on the art because of how the ocean is polluted.
    Yep, that's what makes it really sing for me. Definitely would like to have it on a t-shirt.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Edit: I missed the Phoenix Namor post earlier!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES