Page 77 of 123 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1840

what happened with the Invaders series? Did that end?

Wow, thanks for explaining that. Some of the panels looked new to me, but I'd heard or read the basic story of the cloning, not so much the ancient warriors factor.

I had begun to wonder if it was a retcon, that Namor always knew some or most of this, that Nita was a clone, but I guess the true stuff came out in waves.

So, her current status is not so Kymmera?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I honestly think Nita should stay as a young teen/early twenties character for a long time because she is Atlantean and they are long lived, so no need to age her and also I believe Atlanteans would mature differently so she would still be a teen sidekick type for a while. Not to say she couldn't hold her own series and be a lead character, honestly out of all the female characters in Atlantis Nita would have the highest chance of being a solo, but with Namor not even getting one then its even less of a chance of Nita having one.
    I prefer Nita as a teen / younger adult also -- and I think that would be best opportunity for her to appear in some animated shows. That said, however, in the comics, she's grown up over the decades / years of the sliding timescale. The fact that she's been entrusted to govern Atlantis says alot. Plus, they are pitching her and the rest of the New Warriors as the "mature" mentors. Though, again, she should be younger, now, because she was pulled from the timeline when she was younger.

You're right, New Warriors (1990) #44, Namor hears the story of what exactly happened with Namora and Nita, and how Nita was injected with the genes of ancient Atlantean Warriors, in the same issue Nita catches Namor in a net when he goes to look for her and they talk, she claims that Namorita is dead and only "ghost shark" Kymaera lives:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Wow, thanks for explaining that. Some of the panels looked new to me, but I'd heard or read the basic story of the cloning, not so much the ancient warriors factor.

I had begun to wonder if it was a retcon, that Namor always knew some or most of this, that Nita was a clone, but I guess the true stuff came out in waves.

No, Nita isn't blue and in her Kymaera phase, because the Nita we currently have was pulled from the timeline BEFORE she mutated.

Well ... all of this clone business with Namorita is a retcon -- one that wasn't completely thought out, IMO. Or necessary. When the cloning was first revealed in Byrne's book, Namor allegedly knew, before he even encountered Vyrra, that Namorita was a clone. Supposedly, he found out this information from reading Namora's diary after she died. That would mean AFTER Namor recovered his memory in FF 4, since Marvel is now insisting that Namor's amnesia lasted for decades and decades (which I entirely disagree with). That would also mean that Namor KNEW that Namora had given birth to Namorita. But that's clearly NOT the case when he first met Namorita.

He did know that Namorita wasn't an exact clone of Namora -- that her genes had been modified to do that, plus to help counter some of the issues Namora suffered from when she was young, i.e. that she was born blue and later gained her superpowers and changed skin color. He did NOT know that some of the modifications involved the DNA of the ancient Atlantean warriors.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what happened with the Invaders series? Did that end?
    Yes, it ended back in December, IIRC. How far did you get into the series?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Edit: I missed the Phoenix Namor post earlier!
    LOL! I don't think anyone in this thread is going to object to seeing Kris Anka's Phoenix Namor cover more than once. ;p

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

Nita left her Kymaera status when she returned to her usual skin back in Nova (1999) #2, her blue skin cracked and shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I prefer Nita as a teen / younger adult also -- and I think that would be best opportunity for her to appear in some animated shows. That said, however, in the comics, she's grown up over the decades / years of the sliding timescale. The fact that she's been entrusted to govern Atlantis says alot. Plus, they are pitching her and the rest of the New Warriors as the "mature" mentors. Though, again, she should be younger, now, because she was pulled from the timeline when she was younger.

No, Nita isn't blue and in her Kymaera phase, because the Nita we currently have was pulled from the timeline BEFORE she mutated.

Well ... all of this clone business with Namorita is a retcon -- one that wasn't completely thought out, IMO. Or necessary. When the cloning was first revealed in Byrne's book, Namor allegedly knew, before he even encountered Vyrra, that Namorita was a clone. Supposedly, he found out this information from reading Namora's diary after she died. That would mean AFTER Namor recovered his memory in FF 4, since Marvel is now insisting that Namor's amnesia lasted for decades and decades (which I entirely disagree with). That would also mean that Namor KNEW that Namora had given birth to Namorita. But that's clearly NOT the case when he first met Namorita.

He did know that Namorita wasn't an exact clone of Namora -- that her genes had been modified to do that, plus to help counter some of the issues Namora suffered from when she was young, i.e. that she was born blue and later gained her superpowers and changed skin color. He did NOT know that some of the modifications involved the DNA of the ancient Atlantean warriors.
    Even if the Nita that will show up in the New Warriors comic this year is time displaced Nita wouldn't she still be the same Nita that Namor knows except she missed a few years and of course her death? I honestly don't know what happened to that Nita since it's been a while since she was mentioned. Did Namor ever visit her or know about her? I don't think Namora did at all.

Her retcon honestly we could have done without because no one questioned why she was Namora's daughter, she just was. Unless of course we finally get some background into why Clones are forbidden in Atlantis and thus make it an important reason why she was so conversational by being a clone. I know she was cast out once when she was undergoing changes to her Kymaera phase/everyone found out about her clone status publicly but then Namor brought her back and reassured her they were family.

LOL! I don't think anyone in this thread is going to object to seeing Kris Anka's Phoenix Namor cover more than once. ;p
    I won't ever object to more Anka art ever! He even said on his twitter recently that he wanted to do a long run on a Namor book and I hope someday to see that happen.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Nita left her Kymaera status when she returned to her usual skin back in Nova (1999) #2, her blue skin cracked and shed.
    Something Kymera like happened after that, however, since she had blue skin, white hair, and white markings / tattoos when she died in Civil War. When did she get the poison secreting skin?

Even if the Nita that will show up in the New Warriors comic this year is time displaced Nita wouldn't she still be the same Nita that Namor knows except she missed a few years and of course her death? I honestly don't know what happened to that Nita since it's been a while since she was mentioned. Did Namor ever visit her or know about her? I don't think Namora did at all.
    Now, you know better than that, IW! We get no Namor reunions.

Namorita and the FF? Sure. Namor and her family? oh no.

Something Kymera like happened after that, however, since she had blue skin, white hair, and white markings / tattoos when she died in Civil War. When did she get the poison secreting skin?

Now, you know better than that, IW! We get no Namor reunions.

Namorita and the FF? Sure. Namor and her family? oh no.
    Marvel listen to me and let me have a family reunion! Yeah that whole thing with her getting blue skin made no sense and honestly I think it was just a way to differentiate Nita/show her as an Atlantean to fans who probably don't read Namor comics and thus wouldn't have a clue about her in the actions leading up to the event.

Loa is back in the comics and on Krakoa, seen in X-Men (2019) #11, yet another person Namor had history with and we probably won't see them interact again. ):

OUCH. My head is spinning from all the Nita blue/pink/dry/not stuff, apparently over many years.

The short history is I know and have read/have memories of lots of stuff from the late '60s until the last 20 -25 or more, when I started losing/stopping some titles. So subsequent volumes of New Warriors or similar (Nova) I didn't always read. My mainstays were always Ff, Avengers - I even fell off a lot with X-men, after somewhere around the mid to late '90s, just simply done with them.

They announced that the next season of Fortnight will be centered on Marvel. Of course, the characters chosen are movie / tv characters, so no Namor. However, they do have a Coral Castles area that would be perfect for a future appearance of Namor. And it's right next door to Doom's Dominion!

They announced that the next season of Fortnight will be centered on Marvel. Of course, the characters chosen are movie / tv characters, so no Namor. However, they do have a Coral Castles area that would be perfect for a future appearance of Namor. And it's right next door to Doom's Dominion!
    I have this game but haven't played it except for a couple of times, might look into it so I can play Doom. lol. I know that they had Aquaman there for a while, it would be great if Marvel threw in Namor, I mean he was in quite a few mobile games last year.

I have this game but haven't played it except for a couple of times, might look into it so I can play Doom. lol. I know that they had Aquaman there for a while, it would be great if Marvel threw in Namor, I mean he was in quite a few mobile games last year.
    Yes, Doom is definitely in the game and has a role. Not sure if they will be adding anyone else, though there are some characters I'm surprised weren't picked out first. Hoping the Coral Castle means Namor is more wishful thinking on my part, I suspect. ;p

Sigh. Don't get me started about Aquaman. I saw the character / skin ... it's the Jason Momoa version.

Yes, Doom is definitely in the game and has a role. Not sure if they will be adding anyone else, though there are some characters I'm surprised weren't picked out first. Hoping the Coral Castle means Namor is more wishful thinking on my part, I suspect. ;p

Sigh. Don't get me started about Aquaman. I saw the character / skin ... it's the Jason Momoa version.
    Yeah its the Momoa version because we all know that version is popular because they made him more like Namor :/ As I was saying in the Doom thread, I hope that someday (soon) Marvel makes a Marvel Universe game where there are different places to visit like Latveria and Atlantis and also all the marvel characters to choose to play from.

Mighty Member

Wakanda Forever! Only fitting. Saddened by the passing of Chadwick Bossman. His legacy lives on. Rest in power, King.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 08-30-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Top ten foes of Namor? But can only pick ten.