Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1840

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Top ten foes of Namor? But can only pick ten.
    1. Llyra
    2. Krang
    3. Attuma
    4. Tiger Shark
    5. Ghaur
    6. Master Khan
    7. Super-Skrull
    8. Desmond Marrs
    9. Master Man/Warrior Woman
    10. Suma-Ket/Artys-Gran

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Top ten foes of Namor? But can only pick ten.

1. Llyra
    2. Krang
    3. Tiger Shark
    4. Byrrah
    5. Suma-Ket / Artys -Gran
    6. Doctor Dorcas
    7. U-Man aka Merrano
    8. Attuma
    9. Orca
    10. Surface World
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

Wakanda Forever! Only fitting. Saddened by the passing of Chadwick Bossman. His legacy lives on. Rest in power, King.
    Wonderful art, Thor-El. Such a tragic passing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Yeah its the Momoa version because we all know that version is popular because they made him more like Namor :/ As I was saying in the Doom thread, I hope that someday (soon) Marvel makes a Marvel Universe game where there are different places to visit like Latveria and Atlantis and also all the marvel characters to choose to play from.
    It would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. Marvel just doesn't seem to have any interest in exploring Atlantis or the undersea stuff.

That said, at least we have a few Namor fans at Marvel. On the This Week in Marvel podcast, part of which celebrated Marvel's 81st birthday (the publication of Marvel Comics #1), Namor fan Agent M pointed out the Namor issues and the creation of the MU, with the Human Torch fight, and even the Atlas run!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...house-of-ideas

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    1. Llyra
    2. Krang
    3. Tiger Shark
    4. Byrrah
    6. Doctor Dorcas
    7. U-Man aka Merrano
    8. Attuma
    9. Orca
    10. Surface World
    Love that last one!!

Speaking of Attuma, has he returned since he was killed in that Squadron Supreme crap? Didn't Doom put his head back on once before in Dark Reign:Made Men?

Mighty Member

1. Llyra
    2. Krang
    3. Tiger Shark
    4. Byrrah
    6. Doctor Dorcas
    7. U-Man aka Merrano
    8. Attuma
    9. Orca
    10. Surface World
    Great list. I think mine would be the same but I would add Roxxon and Paul Destine, if I could add a couple more.

Wonderful art, Thor-El. Such a tragic passing.
    Thank you, it is tragic. So much respect for an actor that continued producing such important body of work while battling such a horrible illness. Some of the videos I've seen of him talking about his visits to see children with cancer in hospitals and getting emotional is heart wrenching, even more now that one knows what he was going thru at the time. Rumors are that Chadwick won't be recast for the Black Panther sequel out of respect, that Shuri will inherit the mantle. Wonder how will this play with Namor if he is still slated to be introduced in the sequel.

Mighty Member

How many Atlanteans we have unaccounted for? If I ever get to the silver age in the read-a-ton I would like to make a list. I just discovered a character named Seth who is cousin of Namor and used to be in love with Dorma. Faithful to Namor while secretly in love with Dorma. He seemed like a very heroic Atlantean akin to Balder in Thor.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Seth_...an)_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Thor-El; 08-31-2020 at 05:07 PM.

VILLIANS:

1. Llyra
    2. Attuma
    3. TigerShark
    4. Suma-Ket
    5. The U-Man/Merrano
    6. Dr. Doom
    7. Humanity
    8. Krang/Byrra/Political backstabbers & rivals
    9. Orca
    10. Himself

Extraordinary Member

I see a lot of you put Lyra as number 1.

Too bad we never see her anymore.

I can’t recall we’ve ever seen her fight outside of a Namor book. Minus her last appearance.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-01-2020 at 10:54 AM.

I see a lot of you put Lyra as number 1.

Too bad we never see her anymore.

I can’t recall we’ve ever seen her fight outpaced if a Namor book. Minus her last appearance.

I'm not sure what you mean by outpaced?

We don't see her much, because we don't have a continuing Namor book. Allegedly, Llyra is still alive, but transformed. I didn't read it, but she's supposed to be in Mystic Arcana, working for Set and some sort of magical guardian.

Llyra did the most damage to Namor, IMO. She killed his wife, Lady Dorma on their wedding day. She had a hand in killing his father, just as he found him again - which led to Namor losing his memory, again. She "killed" Namora and orphaned Namorita. She pretended to be Susan Storm to sleep with him. She has helped to trash Atlantis more than once, and stolen his throne. Other enemies usually want something Namor has or is protecting. Llyra does also, but she does it in the most personally hurtful way to Namor that she can.

Extraordinary Member

I meant outside his comics

Ah, gotcha. She was in an arc in Spider-Man as part of the Frightful Four. Amazing Spider-Man 213-215. Of course, she fighting Namor and Spider-Man. Plus she had a major role in Atlantis Attacks. I'd argue she had a bigger role than Namor in that event.

Mighty Member

I meant outside his comics
    She is definitely the one that has done the worst. She was in a Spider-man story with the Frightful four that mentioned all the evil she has done to Namor.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-a...-b/4000-21100/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-a...be/4000-21167/

She is definitely the one that has done the worst. She was in a Spider-man story with the Frightful four that mentioned all the evil she has done to Namor.
    Yes! Those are the issues! I think they gave Namor Spider-Man's Spidey sense somehow.

How many Atlanteans we have unaccounted for? If I ever get to the silver age in the read-a-ton I would like to make a list. I just discovered a character named Seth who is cousin of Namor and used to be in love with Dorma. Faithful to Namor while secretly in love with Dorma. He seemed like a very heroic Atlantean akin to Balder in Thor.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Seth_...an)_(Earth-616)

OMG. Lord Seth is one of my favorites! Though Marvel tries it best to repeatedly kill him off. He was involved in the first Serpent Crown story, IIRC, and everyone thought he died there. There were some Balder like elements, except, of course, I don't think Balder ever was interested in Lady Sif. But Balder and Karnilla. Oh my. One of my all time favorite comic romances. The ANGST! And Karnilla! She tortured poor Balder. Great stuff!

The list of missing Atlanteans is indeed long, and is topped by Vashti, of course. I sort of wish they hadn't trashed Ikthon.