Page 84 of 123 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Of course, I'm confused.

Is King in Black 'the' Namor spinout story? I guess I could look it up.
    King in Black is the next event at Marvel that Donny Cates is doing. I think it refers to Knull, who has something to do with the symbiotes.

If you read the article at SYFY there's a lot more info. I can't believe that Atlanteans are actually going to have a role in a Venom event?!?!?!

I also love Ben Dewey and Busiek's Autumn Lands. Wonderful art that I think will fit this period book perfect.

Not familiar with Jonas Scharf. And is he also doing the art? I hope they aren't using two artists for a five book mini-series. That's my only hesitation about this announcement. It's not an ongoing. But it is so PERFECT, other than that!

A period piece!
    All about Atlantis!
    Interesting looking new Atlantean characters that might STICK.
    Horror, Epic Fantasy and Superhero!!!
    Great creators!!!
    LADY DORMA!!!!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait!
    If it wasn't so late, I'd be calling my comic shop and SCREAMING!!!!

PUT IT ON MY PULL LIST!!!! NOWWWWWWW!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Busiek adds. "Namor is Marvel’s first hero, going back even to before there was a Timely Comics, and he’s such a vivid, visceral character that he’s always fun to write. But writing teenage Namor in the 1930s, dealing with alchemists in Murmansk, and worse — it’s been too much fun."
    DAMN STRAIGHT!!!

Something so many writers at Marvel have seem to have forgotten. You go, Busiek!

Okay, I'm really going to create a twitter account now, just so I can SCREAM with JOY at the creators.

Oh, wait. Where that's thread here on the forum? The one where you can ask Busiek questions?

EDIT: Here it is:

Ask Kurt Busiek

FYI. My caps lock and exclamation keys are going to be worn out in the next day or two or week. I'm so HAPPY!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-10-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

REV I'M JUST SO GLEEFUL. ATLANTEAN HISTORY! NAMOR IS GOING TO BE THE LEAD! Ok it is a 5 issue mini but maybe it can spin out to more!!! Also I posted on twitter my excitement and Kurt Busiek responded:

Hope we don’t screw it up!

But I think you’ll enjoy it, if you’re a longtime Namor fan. It’s a cool adventure, and we’re answering at least one historical question I think no one’s ever asked before...
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

REV I'M JUST SO GLEEFUL. ATLANTEAN HISTORY! NAMOR IS GOING TO BE THE LEAD! Ok it is a 5 issue mini but maybe it can spin out to more!!! Also I posted on twitter my excitement and Kurt Busiek responded:
    I am literally bouncing up and down in my chair. BOUNCING WITH HAPPINESS!!!

How cool! And YES!!! Like I said, before, what Busiek said in that article has it all the things this long time Namor fan here has wanted. I don't think "enjoy" is a big enough word to describe my pure bliss if this even hits half of what he's teasing us with. I'm going to have to buy two copies, so I'll have a mint copy and a "roll around and squeeze it with excitement and joy!

Oooh. Historical question no one has asked? I dunno. We've asked ALOT of questions here.

LADY DORMA!!!!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I am literally bouncing up and down in my chair. BOUNCING WITH HAPPINESS!!!

How cool! And YES!!! Like I said, before, what Busiek said in that article has it all the things this long time Namor fan here has wanted. I don't think "enjoy" is a big enough word to describe my pure bliss if this even hits half of what he's teasing us with. I'm going to have to buy two copies, so I'll have a mint copy and a "roll around and squeeze it with excitement and joy!

Oooh. Historical question no one has asked? I dunno. We've asked ALOT of questions here.

LADY DORMA!!!!
    LOL. SO MANY QUESTIONS! Even if its a mini as long as it's written well then I'm super happy!!! I'm going to be pushing all the hype on the Namor twitter/tumblr accounts and urging all fans to give this a chance! If Marvel is testing the waters for interest for a new Namor ongoing then this is our chance!!! I never thought this day would come! Years of waiting paid off and now we will have new stories focusing only on Atlantis!!! AHHHH! I want December to be here already!!!!!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

LOL. SO MANY QUESTIONS! Even if its a mini as long as it's written well then I'm super happy!!! I'm going to be pushing all the hype on the Namor twitter/tumblr accounts and urging all fans to give this a chance! If Marvel is testing the waters for interest for a new Namor ongoing then this is our chance!!! I never thought this day would come! Years of waiting paid off and now we will have new stories focusing only on Atlantis!!! AHHHH! I want December to be here already!!!!!
    I wonder if the historical question is, "Why did Tha-Korr (or whoever) leave Atlantis and move the Atlanteans to the Antarctic? It's something I've often thought about that, thinking it could make an interesting world building story. Especially after Stuart Moore hinted at the Rl'yeh connection. Of course, it wouldn't feature Namor, since the move happened before he was born.

I hope Busiek completely ignores the Tsunami series. I never thought that was canon, myself. It sort of negates Everett's origin story, and every retelling of it. Namor allegedly had never seen surface men before his first appearance, hence the killing of the 'robots.'

I'm loving the idea of ancient magics. I wonder if we'll get a Suma-Ket reference?

And YES! Definitely hope there are alot of pre-orders for the first issue, actually all the issues. That's the only way we'll get an actual ongoing.

I also think it is entirely appropriate for Namor that this team is all women.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-10-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

How can Namor, one of the greatest characters ever created, not have a book?!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Indeed! I'm beginning to wonder if this is/because/will have ramifications with the MCU, as Namor will no doubt be utilized, and possibly to a greater degree, as he is the first real 'Superman' of all that is, was and could be with Marvel and related.

I also wonder if this positions these characters for inclusion in the MCU story of Atlantis, that seems likely.
    Comics tend to follow the movie versions these days. If they include Namor's true cast in a movie, they would also no doubt follow in the comics. It would just make sense and hopefully someone like Kurt, who is favorite author of comics to me, would be involved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    This is a question I have been asking myself every Wednesday, at the very least, for the last TEN YEARS. Yes, it's been TEN YEARS since we had a Namor ongoing. The closest we have gotten to a Namor book was last year's Invaders by Zdarsky. And while this isn't an ongoing, it's at least a mini-series dedicated to Namor. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Indeed! I'm beginning to wonder if this is/because/will have ramifications with the MCU, as Namor will no doubt be utilized, and possibly to a greater degree, as he is the first real 'Superman' of all that is, was and could be with Marvel and related.

I also wonder if this positions these characters for inclusion in the MCU story of Atlantis, that seems likely.
    Comics tend to follow the movie versions these days. If they include Namor's true cast in a movie, they would also no doubt follow in the comics. It would just make sense and hopefully someone like Kurt, who is favorite author of comics to me, would be involved too.
    I would welcome Namor in the MCU, if only because he'd finally get some well deserved comics push. But I'm not sure if this means that is happening. It sort of sounds like Cates wants Atlantis, or this group of Atlanteans, to have something to do with his Knull event, which is unexpected, as I don't recall him expressing an interest or using Atlanteans before. But then again, I haven't been reading his Venom stuff, so maybe something was mentioned previously.

Kurt is perfect for this mini-series, given it is weaving together old pieces of Marvel's history. I'm so excited that we are finally going to get some Atlantean world building.

Mighty Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS!!!!!!!

Kurt Busiek!!!!

LADY DORMA!!!!!

I can't believe it! Me doing this times 100!!!
    WOW!!! This is great news!!!! Kurt Busiek is a very dedicated writer that makes his homework and researches these characters and more often than not his voices sound very authentic. The best example to me was his work with George Perez in Avengers. I hope he is familiar with the Namor 60s cartoon as well. And besides Namor we get two favorites of mine LADY DORMA and ATTUMA. This is going to be super!!!

Last edited by Thor-El; 09-11-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namor looks really good here, but I'm confused is he the star of this series or is he taking a backseat to the aliens in the foreground?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Namor looks really good here, but I'm confused is he the star of this series or is he taking a backseat to the aliens in the foreground?
    I don't think those are aliens.

I wonder if the historical question is, "Why did Tha-Korr (or whoever) leave Atlantis and move the Atlanteans to the Antarctic? It's something I've often thought about that, thinking it could make an interesting world building story. Especially after Stuart Moore hinted at the Rl'yeh connection. Of course, it wouldn't feature Namor, since the move happened before he was born.

I hope Busiek completely ignores the Tsunami series. I never thought that was canon, myself. It sort of negates Everett's origin story, and every retelling of it. Namor allegedly had never seen surface men before his first appearance, hence the killing of the 'robots.'

I'm loving the idea of ancient magics. I wonder if we'll get a Suma-Ket reference?

And YES! Definitely hope there are alot of pre-orders for the first issue, actually all the issues. That's the only way we'll get an actual ongoing.

I also think it is entirely appropriate for Namor that this team is all women.
    Depending on how collapsable the Marvel timeline is, this could have been around the time that Inhumans were moving to/from Asia. My history is failing at the moment but I'm thinking there was a point when they abandoned an island that could be the original Attilan (Atlantis).

You probably remember that I tend to think there are ultimate Inhuman origins to Atlanteans like the Bird Folks or others whose Gene types were 'stabilized'.

I like magic in / attached to Atlantis, but I believe it would be way to powerful of a magic to turn an entire race into water breathers so suddenly, especially in the instance of the cataclysm going on. But I'll dialog with it anyway. Maybe it's both. If there are Inhuman water dwellers now, there would have been long ago maybe?

So maybe in centuries past Atlantis had Inhuman visitors, delegates who shared the secrets of conversions. Now that I think about it, it makes sense too, not that Inhumans gave all that to Atlantis, but there were magic and sorcerers back then. Why couldn't an Inhuman once have been the Sorcerer Supreme?

But that Atlantis, as legend says, was the center of the world. So before it sank, Inhumans, Eternals and others all had traffic there, since ... because.

Now that would be an interesting 'period piece'.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    WOW!!! This is great news!!!! Kurt Busiek is a very dedicated writer that makes his homework and researches these characters and more often than not his voices sound very authentic. The best example to me was his work with George Perez in Avengers. I hope he is familiar with the Namor 60s cartoon as well. And besides Namor we get two favorites of mine LADY DORMA and ATTUMA. This is going to be super!!!

I loved how the earlier FF issues often had Torch standing around in flame. Kind of goes to my point about how powerful each of the four actually are.

I remember this story and think I sometimes confuse it with the aforementioned 'Dorma throws Sue out the airlock' issue, which was previous. Any chance some has that scene and/or the issue/date data?