Page 96 of 123 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hmmmm. Well. TBH, I'm not really feeling this costume. It's a bit too busy for me. Plus ... please stop covering up Namor more. I mean, now his neck and his head are covered???

If they really wanted to go BOLD with Namor and the Phoenix, he'd be wearing nothing, with firey ankle wings and a fire bird fig leaf. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm not that fond of a genetic Inhumans connection, myself. There's plenty of stuff with the Atlantean lore and the merfolk, both in the MU and our universe to drive tons of stories. I did think making Atlantis the location of ancient Attilan AND Morgan La Fey's Avalon was over done. But if they are going to go with that, they should just say Atlantis is the source of everything. ;p

Well, I discovered the dirt on the Namor the First Inhuman 'news.'

The UXN was playing an April Fool's prank.

https://uncannyxmen.net/gratuitous-s...year-in-review
    Well, that's great about the prank. Even if Namor was the descendent of long ago inhuman types (still quite possible when we're dealing with thousands of years and various offshoots of humanity all over) he wouldn't be able to be the first.

Whatever the comic canon, the MCU versions of Eternals, Inhumans, Namor, et al, will be different, we know. Can't wait. I'm sure a fair and awesome depiction of Namor can only enhance his comic persona. But we have to face it, comics are not the money makers that movies are. I think it's literacy, in general.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Yeppers, not really needed for Namor.

In general there are too many costume changes with too many characters. Like some sort of laziness. Just draw the real ones. Yeah, speedos.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Blegh. Not a fan. I like just about as much as the last Phoenix Namor design. Also, what's with like 95% of artists who draw him, making Namor look like he's 20?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'm not that fond of a genetic Inhumans connection, myself. There's plenty of stuff with the Atlantean lore and the merfolk, both in the MU and our universe to drive tons of stories. I did think making Atlantis the location of ancient Attilan AND Morgan La Fey's Avalon was over done. But if they are going to go with that, they should just say Atlantis is the source of everything. ;p

Well, I discovered the dirt on the Namor the First Inhuman 'news.'

The UXN was playing an April Fool's prank.

https://uncannyxmen.net/gratuitous-s...year-in-review
    Ah, ok now this makes more sense, Thanks Rev!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nice work there!
    Thank you!

Hmmmm. Well. TBH, I'm not really feeling this costume. It's a bit too busy for me. Plus ... please stop covering up Namor more. I mean, now his neck and his head are covered???

If they really wanted to go BOLD with Namor and the Phoenix, he'd be wearing nothing, with firey ankle wings and a fire bird fig leaf. ;p
    I absolutely agree, I mean the only thing that might be cool is the fire wings but honestly I don't like this new suit AT ALL. Most of all why are they giving him blond hair instead of like a fire hair? I don't want Aquaman, lol. The OG Phoenix suit was iconic and perfect, and Anka's redesign was amazing but this one is so bleh.

Mel Uran's Phoenix Namor redesign is SO MUCH BETTER imo XD

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

I like this. And I'm not bothered by blonde Namor at all. Its a play on Dragon Ball Z and the super saiyan energy state that so many like now. I like this Phoenix costume much more than the old one.

Mighty Member

One of the few contemporary artists that have the style to make Namor the beast he should be and not the nancy emmo boy so many like to draw these days. Ed McGuinness and Ariel Olivetti are probably the other two. I have been bothering Doug Mahnke for awhile about making a Namor drawing in his instagram and when he finally does he knocks it out of the park as I knew he would. Doug Mahnke besides being one of the best DC exclusive artists is a powerlifter so you know his Namor is going to be Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    One of the few contemporary artists that have the style to make Namor the beast he should be and not the nancy emmo boy so many like to draw these days. Ed McGuinness and Ariel Olivetti are probably the other two. I have been bothering Doug Mahnke for awhile about making a Namor drawing in his instagram and when he finally does he knocks it out of the park as I knew he would. Doug Mahnke besides being one of the best DC exclusive artists is a powerlifter so you know his Namor is going to be Alpha.
    OMG. That is gorgeous! Thank you for advocating for Namor fans, Thor-El!

I didn't know he was a powerlifter. Nice!

I can understand why Mahnke resisted drawing Namor, however. He's done a lot of stuff for DC, but one of my favorite things he's done is his Black Adam series. You can clearly see the Namor influence here. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yeppers, not really needed for Namor.

In general there are too many costume changes with too many characters. Like some sort of laziness. Just draw the real ones. Yeah, speedos.
    I think Namor has been saddled with way too many costume changes lately, without explanation or need, frankly. Classic speedo says it all. Stay with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Blegh. Not a fan. I like just about as much as the last Phoenix Namor design. Also, what's with like 95% of artists who draw him, making Namor look like he's 20?
    I'll have to see more of Garron's Namor. He does look a little young in that first figure on the left. But the head shot looks good, IMO. I'd rather have Namor looking younger and handsome than old and harsh. Too me, Namor has the timeless, ageless quality. And always ... appealing. ;p

That said, there was a Namorita story in Fearless where Namor looked like a baby. Didn't care for that too much.

Copiel's Phoenix Namor costume was like a Mirror Mirror universe Namor. Dark and sexy. Not something he should be wearing all the time in the 616 at all. This one ... just too busy and not that sexy, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I absolutely agree, I mean the only thing that might be cool is the fire wings but honestly I don't like this new suit AT ALL. Most of all why are they giving him blond hair instead of like a fire hair? I don't want Aquaman, lol. The OG Phoenix suit was iconic and perfect, and Anka's redesign was amazing but this one is so bleh.

Mel Uran's Phoenix Namor redesign is SO MUCH BETTER imo XD

Yes! That's what I'm talking about. Though, you could even get rid of the shoulder and arm stuff. ;p

The ankle fire wings were in the Copiel version, though.

I like this. And I'm not bothered by blonde Namor at all. Its a play on Dragon Ball Z and the super saiyan energy state that so many like now. I like this Phoenix costume much more than the old one.
    I'm not familiar with Dragon Ball Z so I'll take your word for it, Thor-El. But I still am not that keen on blond or fire haired Namor. Now, had they gone with the ginger look ... a nod to Everett's first take on Namor, that could have been fun.

The design is a fun thing to discuss, but we all know, Jason Aaron is going to trash Namor in this tournament and completely disregard that Namor has the most experience with the Phoenix of this lot. I just hope he doesn't have Namor engage with Black Panther at all -- that's all I ask of this mess.

When you fight for hours in the Arizona desert even these guys will show some wear. (Those are frames 28 and 33 from a 63 frame slugfest! )
    So have you finished this slugfest? Is it on your Deviant Art?

Mighty Member

So have you finished this slugfest? Is it on your Deviant Art?
    Yes, it is finished, although the story continues in a second part I'll start working in about a month. The first 23 panels are free at my Deviant Art, the rest is on a Deviant Art Premium gallery and on my Patreon. I started thinking about putting it in here for free as I was creating it and I started posting panels, but after a week I did not get even one comment, totally ignored, ouch! lol so why bother.

In your defense you weren't here and you always leave a nice comment so if you want access to the story PM me and I'll work something out. It worked for the best because if I had continued posting it here I wouldn't have been able to make it Patreon and Deviantart Premium gallery Exclusive and make some money from my hard work.

Mighty Member

I think Namor has been saddled with way too many costume changes lately, without explanation or need, frankly. Classic speedo says it all. Stay with that!

Yes! That's what I'm talking about. Though, you could even get rid of the shoulder and arm stuff. ;p

The ankle fire wings were in the Copiel version, though.

I'm not familiar with Dragon Ball Z so I'll take your word for it, Thor-El. But I still am not that keen on blond or fire haired Namor. Now, had they gone with the ginger look ... a nod to Everett's first take on Namor, that could have been fun.

The design is a fun thing to discuss, but we all know, Jason Aaron is going to trash Namor in this tournament and completely disregard that Namor has the most experience with the Phoenix of this lot. I just hope he doesn't have Namor engage with Black Panther at all -- that's all I ask of this mess.
    I like your idea of keeping the speedo in the design above and I'd say the armbands and yes the red hair would be better. But my problem with the drawing above and many others of lithe Namor is you put some breasts in that figure and he turns perfectly into a woman. For that design to work he needs more masculine proportions like the Mahnke drawing I posted or Alex Ross or McGuinness. Just my two cents.

Mighty Member

OMG. That is gorgeous! Thank you for advocating for Namor fans, Thor-El!

I didn't know he was a powerlifter. Nice!

I can understand why Mahnke resisted drawing Namor, however. He's done a lot of stuff for DC, but one of my favorite things he's done is his Black Adam series. You can clearly see the Namor influence here. ;p
    I don't think he resisted, I think he just forgot. Its funny he promised months ago, and I had to remind him and then yesterday he posted them. He says he will post the full drawing soon, and he usually colors them too. I don't know if you know that he did the illustrations Dwayne Johnson presented for Black Adam in DC FanDome which were fantastic!!!

Surprise appearance of Namor, or an alternate Namor -- or at least, it looks like it. The zombie virus is going to Atlantis. Yay. Yes, I'm sure that means Atlantis, or more precisely an alternate Atlantis, will be destroyed again. I think this will be out next Wednesday.

Mighty Member

Surprise appearance of Namor, or an alternate Namor -- or at least, it looks like it. The zombie virus is going to Atlantis. Yay. Yes, I'm sure that means Atlantis, or more precisely an alternate Atlantis, will be destroyed again. I think this will be out next Wednesday.
    Gotta check that out and just in time for Halloween, lol.

Seems like Doug Mahnke is just having too much fun drawing Namor.