Page 98 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1840
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The last thing that I remember hearing was that Universal had them. Don't know if that's still the case or what.
    Too many Namor hints and rumors in the MCU for Marvel not to have the rights already or have a deal in place with Paramount if they still have claim to some ownership which I doubt. I think is safe to assume we will see him sooner than later.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 10-10-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a variant cover for Atlantis Attacks 4 or 5 .... but I'm guessing it is for 4. Haven't seen it on any sites, but the artist Carlo Pagulayan posted it on his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFbZPzh..._web_copy_link
    Pagulayan is a great artist, wish he would do more work. But Namor with flowing hair takes so much from the character. There was something militaristic, stoic, strong and stern from the Sub-mariner that never had a hair out of place in his bullet, triangular or any weird shaped head style he may had that gets lost these days with nu-Namor and his flowing locks, even awful ponytail Namor kept this to some degree.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Prince Ove is the son of Namor and [UNKNOWN] I've got a Poll up on Twitter for the next 2 days, to see which Blonde Lady from Marvel our fans think is Ove's mother, and the character will be showing up in Captain Marvel #23

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Even I don't want it to be Sue, and of course it won't.

But Namor does seem to be more attracted to lighter haired types.

I always wanted (way back in the original stories) for Namor and Diane Arliss to become closer. She was beautiful, as portrayed by Buscema. Smart and brave too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Prince Ove is the son of Namor and [UNKNOWN] I've got a Poll up on Twitter for the next 2 days, to see which Blonde Lady from Marvel our fans think is Ove's mother, and the character will be showing up in Captain Marvel #23
    I don't know why they are acting like this is TOP SECRET and needs to be redacted. They had Namor and Enchantress on the cover. This kid is WEARING the Enchantress' pants. He's got one arm in what looks like Thor's square scale mail. He has that bedecked beard which screams Viking / pseudo Viking -- and needs to be shaven off immediately. His name is Scandinavian. And Garbett is talking about one parent's culture wearing furs and stuff.

I'm more curious about his lop-sided ankle wings and his broken trident. O_O
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I had a thought: I am super focusing on the side of Ove's pants and SWEET NEPTUNE I do think it might be Enchantress I mean its a green/gold combo and it has those circles she usually has in her outfits...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I always wanted (way back in the original stories) for Namor and Diane Arliss to become closer. She was beautiful, as portrayed by Buscema. Smart and brave too.
    I really like Diane, but as Dorma was his main love interest back then it wouldn't have happened unless they got closer after the death of his father unfortunately Namor was having another Amnesia Episode. The running joke that Namor only likes blondes is funny but also I feel it's taken too seriously by some writers, I mean both of Namor's wives weren't blondes. But yeah I definitely don't want it to be Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I loved Diane Arliss when Buscema introduced her. But that was never going to happen for the ruler of Atlantis. Especially with Lady Dorma ready to literally knock off any competition. LOL!

I wouldn't say Namor is attracted to any particular hair color (do you really believe Emma Frost is a natural blonde? ;p). I mean, we have red heads, blondes, black haired, auburn, green hair, etc. He's attracted to strong women. Which is why I thought Marrina, who was childlike and had low esteem, was simply wrong for Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I loved Diane Arliss when Buscema introduced her. But that was never going to happen for the ruler of Atlantis. Especially with Lady Dorma ready to literally knock off any competition. LOL!

I wouldn't say Namor is attracted to any particular hair color (do you really believe Emma Frost is a natural blonde? ;p). I mean, we have red heads, blondes, black haired, auburn, green hair, etc. He's attracted to strong women. Which is why I thought Marrina, who was childlike and had low esteem, was simply wrong for Namor.
    It seems to me like many Marvel writers forget Emma isn't a natural blonde Namor was married to Dorma and also had a romance with Abira so he definitely likes red heads, you hear that Marvel writers! I honestly think that scene with Hope was more of Namor trying to let the teen girl who was crushing on him down easy so he didn't hurt her feelings instead of being a "I hate red heads" thing though.

I think the MarrinaNamor thing was definitely Bryne's usual writing trope of a younger more naive woman with a older man, I have issues with Bryne since you know how he wrote ReedSue with Sue being a literal child crushing on Reed. :/

I can't wait to see Teen Dorma and Teen Namor in the upcoming Busiek mini series!

It seems to me like many Marvel writers forget Emma isn't a natural blonde Namor was married to Dorma and also had a romance with Abira so he definitely likes red heads, you hear that Marvel writers! I honestly think that scene with Hope was more of Namor trying to let the teen girl who was crushing on him down easy so he didn't hurt her feelings instead of being a "I hate red heads" thing though.
    The Hope thing with red heads was definitely him ribbing her. Plus, like you said, making sure she didn't get the wrong idea about him. He also told her she was welcome to visit Atlantis, but he wasn't giving her a "personal" tour, i.e. telling her she was too young for him.

I think the MarrinaNamor thing was definitely Bryne's usual writing trope of a younger more naive woman with a older man, I have issues with Bryne since you know how he wrote ReedSue with Sue being a literal child crushing on Reed. :/

I can't wait to see Teen Dorma and Teen Namor in the upcoming Busiek mini series!
    Me either! I was looking at that cover, with the Swift Riders, and Namor is the only guy! Add Dorma into the mix, and it's going to be great fun for us and Namor.

Ah, yes, that's what I was trying to say, but gave up on. I think that relationship says more about the writer's preferences, rather than paying attention to what has been written for the character for decades.

Comixology is having a Thor sale this week. I'm trying to think of any Thor issues with Namor?? Other than the one by JRJR with Sedona.

Thor the Mighty Avenger issue #5! I love that issue because the interaction with Jane and Namor is so sweet as they wait for Thor to return, Namor is a good wing man. lol

Mighty Member

Comixology is having a Thor sale this week. I'm trying to think of any Thor issues with Namor?? Other than the one by JRJR with Sedona.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just spent all my budget on Namor! Why Comixology? WHY?

Good Lord, what kind of drugs are the people at Marvel on these days?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Enchantress? That’s what the gold rings on the legs symbolize to me.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Good Lord, what kind of drugs are the people at Marvel on these days?
    Ngl. I kinda like it. I’m all about adding to the Namor mythos and legacy.