Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Yeah, it's still an issue though, the problem is that Marvel uses the name Redwing - it's the name of Falcon's bird.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's still an issue though, the problem is that Marvel uses the name Redwing - it's the name of Falcon's bird.
    I doubt Falcon’s bird is getting an ongoing series any time soon. So the names available.

Besides, a Team Titan used to have the name at DC back in 1993.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The car is Redbird.
    You are rigth, crossed my wires there, sorry. Still sounds Nigthwing derivative thougth, that's not gonna help him stand out.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You are rigth, crossed my wires there, sorry. Still sounds Nigthwing derivative thougth, that's not gonna help him stand out.
    That was my point Red Robin(himself) + Nightwing (honoring Dick) = Redwing.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wouldn't mind him being renamed to Redwing...it is a name DC has used in the past (see Team Titans). I dont think Drake is terrible, but the costume needs serious help. Possibly switching the brown for green or teal would be a massive improvement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wouldn't mind him being renamed to Redwing...it is a name DC has used in the past (see Team Titans).
    I would mind. Night Wing + Red Hood = Red Wing. Sounds too derivative.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I dont think Drake is terrible, but the costume needs serious help. Possibly switching the brown for green or teal would be a massive improvement.
    Agreed. Green or Teal would be a massive improvement.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

480780741.jpg
    10char.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This poster has been on the wall in front of my bed for many years!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This poster has been on the wall in front of my bed for many years!
    Definitely a necessary improvement at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Definitely a necessary improvement at that time.
    Still my favorite of Tim's suits.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Every time I hear the name Drake, the rapper comes to mind, not Tim.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Apparently Tamara Fox is a doctor/surgeon in Gotham Mercy hospital now, taking care of Catwoman after she got shot in Joker War by Tynion. How old was she in Red Robin?

Fantastic Member

Not sure about during Red Robin (2009), but in her first appearance in Batman: Family #1 (2002) she's wearing a sweater for "GSU", which is presumably Gotham State University. IMO, this is intended to imply that she's a student there, she's drawn as fairly young even in the later RR, so I'd probably suggest 18-19 at debut and 22-23 in RR assuming she's allowed to age (ala Cass and occasionally Steph). If on the other hand, she's a "Tim", she's an "early entry" 16 yo in B:F and she's still 16 or 17 at most in RR despite it being at least four years later.

Amazing Member

So Tamara Fox still exists in this continuity, I liked her a lot, I want to read Tim and her interacting but I know it won't happen.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Not sure about during Red Robin (2009), but in her first appearance in Batman: Family #1 (2002) she's wearing a sweater for "GSU", which is presumably Gotham State University. IMO, this is intended to imply that she's a student there, she's drawn as fairly young even in the later RR, so I'd probably suggest 18-19 at debut and 22-23 in RR assuming she's allowed to age (ala Cass and occasionally Steph). If on the other hand, she's a "Tim", she's an "early entry" 16 yo in B: F and she's still 16 or 17 at most in RR despite it being at least four years later.
    I'm gonna take it she's supposed to be 18-19 if Tim was supposed to be 16-17. Any older and it will be an uncomfortable relationship.

Now, in a timeline where everything happened, Tim is now college-age while she began working. So until it's confirmed otherwise, to justify her young age while working as a surgeon I'm gonna assume she's a prodigy like the rest of the Fox family and became a surgeon early.

Although Tim's with Steph now. That might be why it doesn't matter to Tynion that Tam's older.

Well, a more obscure supporting cast usually suffer from more adjusted changes. She's a teenager and a vegetable in New 52 because of a Batwing villain attack but she's fine now.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-09-2020 at 11:30 AM.