Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In Nightwing #73, Jason calls Tim as Drake in the Robin suit. He speaks of Barbara as Batgirl (and he mentions they shouldn't use their real name).

So, it is possible Tim will still be under Drake name in the Robin suit.
    Well Batman calls Tim Robin in his Drake uniform in Young Justice. But Drake can also refer to his last name just like Jason might refer to Nightwing as Grayson, Robin isn't open to alternative interpretations.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Well Batman calls Tim Robin in his Drake uniform in Young Justice. But Drake can also refer to his last name just like Jason might refer to Nightwing as Grayson, Robin isn't open to alternative interpretations.
    I also think the possibility that Jason is calling Tim by his last name.

However, the thing is Jason speaks about Barbara as Batgirl. Also, Jason especifically says they shouldn't use their real names in public (when Tim calls him Jason).

PS: In YJ, Batman didn't know the Drake identity at that time. So, he called him as Robin.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-18-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I also think the possibility that Jason is calling Tim by his last name.

However, the thing is Jason speaks about Barbara as Batgirl. Also, Jason especifically says they shouldn't use their real names in public (when Tim calls him Jason).
    When Jason called Tim 'Drake', he thought that Jason called his real name so he responded by calling Jason his real name too. Then Jason reminded him that he must call Jason 'Red Hood' alias his superhero name on public, meaning when Jason said 'Drake', Jason meant 'Drake' as Tim's superhero name, not his surname, but Tim misunderstood, that's why after he was being reprimanded by Jason, he said 'Right' as if he just realized something.

See Tim, Bendis, that 'Drake' name is confusing. Clearly it was a very bad idea.

It's really not that bad. In-universe the connection is not so obvious because nobody knows who the Drake is. I certainly wouldn't go around asking anyone with the last name "Shoemaker" to go make me a pair of shoes. So I wouldn't necessarily need to think that Tim Drake is the Drake, especially when it is a name that can stand for several other things: bird, dragon, etc.

And I didn't read the issue but it sounds like a good bit of character interactions. Something that shows that Tim is not quite established in his new name, but it could easily be smoothed out in the long run.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

It is possible they still use the Robin suit for Tim to some lack of information when they were drawing. In the same way, Batgirl still use the Burnside Batgirl suit in Death Metal.

Although Tim uses the Robin suit in the last covers of YJ. So, I don't know what it is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It's really not that bad. In-universe the connection is not so obvious because nobody knows who the Drake is. I certainly wouldn't go around asking anyone with the last name "Shoemaker" to go make me a pair of shoes. So I wouldn't necessarily need to think that Tim Drake is the Drake, especially when it is a name that can stand for several other things: bird, dragon, etc.

And I didn't read the issue but it sounds like a good bit of character interactions. Something that shows that Tim is not quite established in his new name, but it could easily be smoothed out in the long run.
    I don't think Drake identity put Tim in danger either. At least, not more than only covering your face with an eye mask.

I think the problem is more people just don't like Drake as identity.

Honestly, I took that as Jason pointing out surnames don't make good codenames. However, Tim did say "Drake out" when ending his radio call to "Batgirl" (it was an imposter) earlier.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, I took that as Jason pointing out surnames don't make good codenames. However, Tim did say "Drake out" when ending his radio call to "Batgirl" (it was an imposter) earlier.
    I miss that part where Punchline (impersonating Batgirl) speaks with Tim.

So, it seems confirmed Tim still use Drake identity in the Robin suit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Reading up the wiki on how many high school Tim went to is hilariously tragic
    Did they ever name his middle school? I can't find it

I miss that part where Punchline (impersonating Batgirl) speaks with Tim.

So, it seems confirmed Tim still use Drake identity in the Robin suit.
    That's probably an artist mistake.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Reading up the wiki on how many high school Tim went to is hilariously tragic
    Did they ever name his middle school? I can't find it
    That's a good question, I don't recall

Extraordinary Member

So our boy is the Robin in the Gotham Knights game - complete with bo-staff and having hacked into the JL’s satellite so he can short-range teleport.

And the gameplay preview shows him with a costume upgrade complete with Red-Robin-esque cowled costume.

Excellent.

...And yet more argument that putting a cowl on a Robin’s head is going to make a more dynamic “upgrade” look than just fiddling with the details of a domino-masked look.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

So hyped for the Dick-Jason-Tim combo.

Hopefully, the skins for this game are good. This suit looks too Damian-like.

Probably the only good news for Tim this year and at least his characther profile show that he is not gonna be a Dick Grayson clone, seriously Arkhan Knigth was weird.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So hyped for the Dick-Jason-Tim combo.

Hopefully, the skins for this game are good. This suit looks too Damian-like.
    His gameplay footage look on the right is considerably different:
    0CAEA644-88B0-41A7-B62B-C65BDB7898D2.jpg
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP