Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

In Nightwing #74, he is still called Drake (two times) in the Robin suit.

I'm not so sure he has stopped to use Drake as alias. In YJ #18, Tim never directly say he is Robin again.

Why would he go by Drake but wear a Robin suit?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Why would he go by Drake but wear a Robin suit?
    I don't know.

Technically, Tim was Red Robin even in Robin suit during the first issues of Young Justice. That's why I don't trust YJ #18 and the hints that Tim is Robin again.

The first issues of YJ have hints that Tim was Robin (although Tim never directly says it), but Tim mentioned he was still Red Robin in YJ #8

Astonishing Member

Perhaps the fact is that Tynion himself wants to officially announce that Tim is Robin again in issue 99, it is obvious that Dick and the others will clearly ask where Damian is hanging around while the Joker is tearing the city apart. At this point, Bruce might say that Tim will be Robin for now.
    Or another option, writers themselves do not yet know what will happen to Robin's mantle and what to do in general, because nothing is decided. That's the reason why they still call him Drake.

Extraordinary Member

It must be hard on Tim’s joint bouncing between 12 and 17 sometimes he built like Chris hemsworth next week he’s Tom Holland.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It must be hard on Tim’s joint bouncing between 12 and 17 sometimes he built like Chris hemsworth next week he’s Tom Holland.
    Oh my God, Tim is Detective Conan!
    *put Detective Conan on the list of Tim's potential new identity*
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-08-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Drake was Reverse Flash's fault. Turns out Young Justice only reunited because he hypnotised Bart into reuniting his friends instead of his family!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Oh my God, Tim is Detective Conan!
    *put Detective Conan on the list of Tim's potential new identity*
    It was hilarious, too good , a new identity based on famous fictional detectives, it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Drake was Reverse Flash's fault. Turns out Young Justice only reunited because he hypnotised Bart into reuniting his friends instead of his family!
    It was reverse flash’s fault is going to be a meme, I can feel it. Just from the various posts I’ve seen around.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It was reverse flash’s fault is going to be a meme, I can feel it. Just from the various posts I’ve seen around.
    I guess it's the updated 'a wizard did it'.

Incredible Member

So confusing hearing Hood and Ric call Tim as Drake but Joker called him “Robbie”(for Robin)
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 09-08-2020 at 07:01 PM.

As long as he's out of that god-awful suit, I don't care what they call him. Call him Hope the Happy Hooker. Just keep him out of that brown POS.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    As long as he's out of that god-awful suit, I don't care what they call him. Call him Hope the Happy Hooker. Just keep him out of that brown POS.
    I agree about the costume.

I think it's past time Tim got a fantastic Robin make-over. Damian had a better Robin costume.

I think Tim has had the two best Robin suits pre-Flashpoint. They may not be the most flashy but they are both solid, iconic designs. Pretty fitting for Tim honestly.

The new suit seems like half Tim/half Damian and not particularly memorable IMO
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In Nightwing #74, he is still called Drake (two times) in the Robin suit.

I'm not so sure he has stopped to use Drake as alias. In YJ #18, Tim never directly say he is Robin again.
    Same thing happened when Tim first became Drake. People were still calling him Robin. Took a bit before anyone called him Drake. Seems to be the same thing now, less of an in-verse thing and more writer/editorial.

This whole decision to make Tim Robin again does not feel like Tim's story, but rather Damian's. This is ramifications coming from that. I felt the same about Tim's progression to Red Robin pre-52, that was more about Damian's story in becoming Robin and Tim's situation was just a domino effect of that(even if it came out ok for him then).

In short, at least with the current case; it's pretty clear Tim was set to stay Drake for the foreseeable future but plans got changed on a dime, so it may be a bit before every writer and editor is up to speed on that specific. If Tim were still 'Drake', why the scene at the end of the latest YJ issue, why the 'Robin' suit? Pretty clear he's Robin now, for how long we'll see.