Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 901
  1. #811
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim drake has been casted for Titans and he is bi racial
    Awesome. I have no problem with that

  2. #812
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim drake has been casted for Titans and he is bi racial
    They were looking for black or east Asian actors right?

    Ahh Tim. 1st Carrie, then Jason, then Dick, then Terry and now Damian and Duke.

    DC could have used it's actual bi-racial robin or it's other Robin of Colour. Stop grafting traits and unique attributes from other Robins and Terry onto Tim.

    It worked when Tim borrowed Carrie's schtick and Timmy Todd was a success but Olympic Gymnast TT's founder and Batman Beyond not so much.

    I'm not fine with a race bent Tim when the Batfamily has 3 Robins of colour.

    Wish it was Duke for season 3
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-01-2020 at 01:38 AM.

  3. #813
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They were looking for black or east Asian actors right?

    Ahh Tim. 1st Carrie, then Jason, then Dick, then Terry and now Damian and Duke.

    DC could have used it's actual bi-racial robin or it's other Robin of Colour. Stop grafting traits and unique attributes from other Robins and Terry onto Tim.

    It worked when Tim borrowed Carrie's schtick and Timmy Todd was a success but Olympic Gymnast TT's founder and Batman Beyond not so much.

    I'm not fine with a race bent Tim when the Batfamily has 3 Robins of colour.

    Wish it was Duke for season 3

    Duke can still be involved, but Duke was never a robin. Damian would be seen as too young for this I think. I don't see this as Tim taking anything. It's a different version of Tim, there's more than one of the other characters as well.

  4. #814
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They were looking for black or east Asian actors right?

    Ahh Tim. 1st Carrie, then Jason, then Dick, then Terry and now Damian and Duke.

    DC could have used it's actual bi-racial robin or it's other Robin of Colour. Stop grafting traits and unique attributes from other Robins and Terry onto Tim.

    It worked when Tim borrowed Carrie's schtick and Timmy Todd was a success but Olympic Gymnast TT's founder and Batman Beyond not so much.

    I'm not fine with a race bent Tim when the Batfamily has 3 Robins of colour.

    Wish it was Duke for season 3
    I don't really care about race, but if Tim is turned into black on bigger media (like Nick Fury) then it will be final nail coffin for Duke. Surprise that Synder is okay with it, but then I guess his influence is not as big as before. And what did they said about East Asian is horrible :

    [However, writers felt an African-American would best portray Tim Drake because Asians are not capable of being “laid-back and have a near-genius intellect.” Portraying an Asian Robin as such would be “unrealistic.”]

    Why do I feel like every time there's attempt to "diversity", it only shows how racist those Americans are? I thought the point of anti-racism is we can love someone/something no matter what race they are?

  5. #815
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,121

    Default

    Can someone link to a source please? Nobody's even named the actor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #816
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Duke can still be involved, but Duke was never a robin. Damian would be seen as too young for this I think. I don't see this as Tim taking anything. It's a different version of Tim, there's more than one of the other characters as well.
    Duke was a Robin and I'm not talking about WAR either.
    I get that they don't have to be comic accurate and they so far aren't. Which begs the question, if they are willing to diverge from the main source and feel that diversity is important then why not use the minority characters that already exist and that need the spotlight?

    Frankly I don't feel that Titans needs that many bat characters. 2 ex Robins and a batgirl are more than enough. If they must add another bat character Signal is the one that brings more to the show. An a character of colour who is unique in not just his function but his skills set.


    A meta who operates in the day and whose skill set is more than the typical batman skill set that all the bats have. We already have a batman type in Nightwing.

    If the show is truly invested in diversity and understands the importance of characters of colour then showcase those characters.

  7. #817
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I don't really care about race, but if Tim is turned into black on bigger media (like Nick Fury) then it will be final nail coffin for Duke. Surprise that Synder is okay with it, but then I guess his influence is not as big as before. And what did they said about East Asian is horrible :

    [However, writers felt an African-American would best portray Tim Drake because Asians are not capable of being “laid-back and have a near-genius intellect.” Portraying an Asian Robin as such would be “unrealistic.”]

    Why do I feel like every time there's attempt to "diversity", it only shows how racist those Americans are? I thought the point of anti-racism is we can love someone/something no matter what race they are?

    Wow! If that is how they think then that's pretty racist.

    I get that Duke is laid Back and is the Robin with near-genius intellect [he went 'toe to toe' with Riddler at a very young age] so might be that they are looking to him for inspiration beyond skin colour.

    They don't really care for diversity they just want the kudos of seeming inclusive. I just hope they don't give him Duke's backstory as well. The way the season 2 ended and the how early Red hood is rumoured to be appearing. I don't think it's set up for Tim's canon origin.

    Yep that is the crux of anti-racism.

    This casting if true just leaves the show makers [and the actor] vulnerable to potential backlash.
    I think a good number of Tim fans are fine with him being race-bent [Asian is a particular wishful HC] but no doubt a good amount are going to be pissed and the show runner could have avoided all that by portraying Tim as is or using Duke. A character of colour.

    No fuss no moss. No actor deserves the gross treatment that poor Anna Diop got
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-01-2020 at 04:55 AM.

  8. #818
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can someone link to a source please? Nobody's even named the actor.
    The source is reliable but has not been named, then
    Just as the Oracle and Scarecrows actors have not yet been publicly revealed but have been casted

  9. #819
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    https://twitter.com/vullein/status/1...605999619?s=21

    This person has been proven reliable for years

  10. #820
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Wow! If that is how they think then that's pretty racist.

    I get that Duke is laid Back and is the Robin with near-genius intellect [he went 'toe to toe' with Riddler at a very young age] so might be that they are looking to him for inspiration beyond skin colour.

    They don't really care for diversity they just want the kudos of seeming inclusive. I just hope they don't give him Duke's backstory as well. The way the season 2 ended and the how early Red hood is rumoured to be appearing. I don't think it's set up for Tim's canon origin.

    Yep that is the crux of anti-racism.

    This casting if true just leaves the show makers [and the actor] vulnerable to potential backlash.
    I think a good number of Tim fans are fine with him being race-bent [Asian is a particular wishful HC] but no doubt a good amount are going to be pissed and the show runner could have avoided all that by portraying Tim as is or using Duke. A character of colour.

    No fuss no moss. No actor deserves the gross treatment that poor Anna Diop got
    "They don't really care for diversity they just want the kudos of seeming inclusive"

    That is pretty obvious. If they really care about being inclusive, they wouldn't start when it is the "cool thing".

    They wouldn't use Duke, because he doesn't have a strong name (Tim is more recognizable). Maybe they don't even know or care about Duke.


    In itself, I don't think writers are intentionally taking from Duke, they just give Tim some popular characteristics with smart characters. If this characteristics are similar to Duke, this is possible just a coincidence.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-01-2020 at 06:30 AM.

  11. #821
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    "They don't really care for diversity they just want the kudos of seeming inclusive"

    That is pretty obvious. If they really care about being inclusive, they wouldn't start when it is the "cool thing".

    They wouldn't use Duke, because he doesn't have a strong name (Tim is more recognizable). Maybe they don't even know or care about Duke.


    In itself, I don't think writers are intentionally taking from Duke, they just give Tim some popular characteristics with smart characters. If this characteristics are similar to Duke, this is possible just a coincidence.
    Duke had never been a titan

  12. #822
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    https://twitter.com/vullein/status/1...605999619?s=21

    This person has been proven reliable for years
    I hope he resembles Tim in some form or another.

  13. #823
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Got some inside information. This is who they casted to play Tim;


  14. #824
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Duke had never been a titan
    Neither is Jason (I know that he worked with Titans member multiple times, but I don't think he's ever a Titans). But yeah, no Duke, Steph, Cass, Damian etc on that show. Tim has to be the last Bat-member to enter the show, or it will turn into Bat-family show. They should focus on other Titans member as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Got some inside information. This is who they casted to play Tim;

    ........completely different than Tim on comic and my head. Really, they should use East Asian actor.

    Well, whatever, what matter most is the characterization. Hope the actor can portray Tim nicely, even though considering it's Titans show, I don't have too much hope.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 12-01-2020 at 12:08 PM.

  15. #825
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,086

    Default

    Iíll confess that Iím leery of the idea of casting someone biracial for Tim strictly form the way it impacts other characters who are previously established as non-white, and the way horrible execution of it could reveal racism and bias on the part of the creators... but otherwise, Iíd be good with it.

    I know thereís a very good chance Iím not a fan of Duke just because of the nostalgia I have for other characters - I donít hate him, and Iím not ďactively apatheticĒ where Iíd want him gone or anything like that... I just forget about him a lot. Which tells you he needs more exposure.

    ...But Iím also just a huge Tim Drake fan, and I want my boy on screen.

    Worst case scenario is this ends up going the same way as New 52 Wally West, and you end up seeing the changed ethnicity reflect unintentional but still appalling racism on the part of the creators. In theory, if heís just Tim with a skilled actor who happens to be of non-white extraction, thatís fine... albeit I would say that youíd better make sure some non-white creative voices are involved in writing at that point, actor themselves.

    Do NOT pull a Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, cast a great actor in a good role, then screw if up afterwards because thereís no one to speak for the character in the creative process.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •