Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    His gameplay footage look on the right is considerably different:
    Attachment 100017
    Batgirl's costume too, seems a bit different (her cape, mostly). I guess they have some kind of modifying costume, like in the Assassins Creed games. That would be cool.
    I definitely like the costume from the gameplay video more than the default one. Reminds me of the Red Robin costume.

Mighty Member

I assumed it was going to be Damian from the initial trailer reveal. Pleasantly surprised that it's Tim. Giving Tim love in the Robin role in outside media is a rare thing indeed. And that means I can play as both Tim and Jason in the same game. Finally my two favorite Robins aren't just afterthoughts or villains.

I actually like the default Robin look, in terms of colors and layout. I just don't like that it's so clearly a jacket. The alternate we've seen from the gameplay footage is a weird not-Red Robin hybrid. Makes me wonder if it's preset alternate skins, of if there is some kind of costume customization. The latter could be cool, make your heroes look how you want.

But one thing the game does do is show just how much better Tim looks these days in the cowl. I love the classic Robin look, but if he's moving away from it he needs the cowl to set himself apart from Dick/Damian. The red cowl on this first alternate is an interesting choice.

I can’t believe I didn’t catch this when I first watched the Gotham Knights trailer but did anyone else notice that Tim can teleport via watchtower satalite?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yes, someone did.
    So our boy is the Robin in the Gotham Knights game - complete with bo-staff and having hacked into the JL’s satellite so he can short-range teleport.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Really excited for this game and really happy and even.more surprised that they used Tim. I was so sure it was Damian right away.

My only complaint is i dont really care for his main suit.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

heh, maybe part of the reason Tim is becoming robin again in the comics is because of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    heh, maybe part of the reason Tim is becoming robin again in the comics is because of this game.
    Came here to say this. May be a more permanent stay than I anticipated
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

I don't think the game has so much power on comics. Tim was also Robin in Arkham games, but he wasn't Robin in comics.

Also, we don't know if Tim will be Robin in comics again. It seems he still use Drake name in Nightwing #73 (even when he is using the Robin suit).

Extraordinary Member

The gameplay footage showed Batgirl in a significantly different costume than she has in the trailer, and Tim in a radically different costume - I’m hoping for full customization, but would be satisfied with just having selectable skins you unlock in the game.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-23-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

The gameplay footage showed Batgirl in a significantly different costume than she has in the trailer, and Tim in a radically different costume - I’m hoping for full customization, but would be satisfied with just having selectable skins you unlock in the game.
    I will not play it (I don't really like games in general) but if I play it, I hope I can change Tim's theme color. I don't think green suits Tim. If there's Robin and green words in one sentence, my brain will automatically connect it to Damian or Jason, because of their connection with Lazarus Pit.

Surprise synergy .

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Came here to say this. May be a more permanent stay than I anticipated
    Eh, i still think that this has more to do with being based in Tynion's Tec.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, i still think that this has more to do with being based in Tynion's Tec.
    But on the other hand none of the other "Knights" from Tynion's run were included, instead it's Dick, Jason, and Barbara.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    But on the other hand none of the other "Knights" from Tynion's run were included, instead it's Dick, Jason, and Barbara.
    Is a batfamily game, you include the recognizable brands, Nightwing, Batgirl and Robin, plus Red Hood because his popularity has been growing since the UTRH movie. Chosing the Robin is tricky, but unless that WB has put an espefic mandate about what Robin to use (wich is possible, i don't know how this things work exaclty), choosing either Damian or Tim might just come from what they want from a story perspective, besides Injustice is coming soon and i wouldn't be surprised if Robin Damian is there again.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is a batfamily game, you include the recognizable brands, Nightwing, Batgirl and Robin, plus Red Hood because his popularity has been growing since the UTRH movie. Chosing the Robin is tricky, but unless that WB has put an espefic mandate about what Robin to use (wich is possible, i don't know how this things work exaclty), choosing either Damian or Tim might just come from what they want from a story perspective, besides Injustice is coming soon and i wouldn't be surprised if Robin Damian is there again.
    Agreed.

Also excellent arguments why Tim should have his own recognizable brand name...and not just a shared Robin name.