Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    So Cass is still Orphan and Steph is still Spoiler right?
    Correct. And apparently the Batgirls team thing isn't limited to Future State.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/elev...batman-comics/
    spoilers:
    7. Barbara Gordon is still Oracle, going into 2021. She can see Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as Batgirls – with Stephanie as Batman's eyes and ears on the street. But Oracle can't see Ghost-Maker.
    end of spoilers

It's a shame that 11 spoilers article doesn't mention Tim or Damian.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Correct. And apparently the Batgirls team thing isn't limited to Future State.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/elev...batman-comics/
    spoilers:
    7. Barbara Gordon is still Oracle, going into 2021. She can see Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as Batgirls – with Stephanie as Batman's eyes and ears on the street. But Oracle can't see Ghost-Maker.
    end of spoilers

It's a shame that 11 spoilers article doesn't mention Tim or Damian.
    So DC/WB is eating it's cake and having it. Only now Babs has 2 identities.

Tim is Red Robin. It seems that the powers at DC want one thing but have encountered roadblocks.

The assumption that Tim being referred to as rr in titles by the Bat office is some kind of error or confusing has no legs now.

Not just Babs. All three Batgirls.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Was pretty cool seeing Tim in flashback in Batman last week!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not just Babs. All three Batgirls.
    I really want the fourth one rescued!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member

If Time drake is made African American in Titans could that change him in the comics, how would that effect duke thomas

Why not just go with Duke? They filled kinda similar roles for a while.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I made a post somewhere in this forum not long ago where I wondered if they would try and make Tim black to try and keep him more relevant, especially given how DC is desperate to have a more important black character in Gotham. Tim seemed like the easiest to race swap. If Tim is black in the comics then characters like Duke become irrelevant probably.

Maybe they can go the whole Flash Wally/Wallace route. If they cast Tim with a black actor on the Titans show as Robin then DC can introduce a young black Tim Drake in the comics as Robin and erase the original one and try to say the new Tim is the real one. Then a few years later bring the original Tim back and have the new Tim just go by Timothy where they have two Tim Drakes running around in Gotham at the same time.

That whole Wally situation is just so ridiculous to me when you write it out like that, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I made a post somewhere in this forum not long ago where I wondered if they would try and make Tim black to try and keep him more relevant, especially given how DC is desperate to have a more important black character in Gotham. Tim seemed like the easiest to race swap. If Tim is black in the comics then characters like Duke become irrelevant probably.

Maybe they can go the whole Flash Wally/Wallace route. If they cast Tim with a black actor on the Titans show as Robin then DC can introduce a young black Tim Drake in the comics as Robin and erase the original one and try to say the new Tim is the real one. Then a few years later bring the original Tim back and have the new Tim just go by Timothy where they have two Tim Drakes running around in Gotham at the same time.

That whole Wally situation is just so ridiculous to me when you write it out like that, haha.
    You're so right about that lol

We know Tim has no siblings or cousins, so if they did want a black version of Tim Drake to match a TV show, the best thing to do is probably make the new one related to Black Canary somehow - depending on the continuity, Drake is either Dinah's maiden name, or her mother (Golden Age Black Canary)'s maiden name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If Time drake is made African American in Titans could that change him in the comics, how would that effect duke thomas
    I don't get race-bending when it seems to be trying to add diversity by actually ignoring the actual diverse characters in the franchise you're race-bending for.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't get race-bending when it seems to be trying to add diversity by actually ignoring the actual diverse characters in the franchise you're race-bending for.
    It's because the diverse characters tend to be newer, and WBDC media (or Hollywood) is notoriously avoidant or slow of using newer characters (the starting point being Batman's generation) unless they have some kind of gimmick they can sell, like lesbian Batwoman, Harley and Ivy or Robin, blood Son of Batman. (The Animation fares better because they've built a universe and has more time to tell their stories being a series)

Every time the Bat franchise goes on screen, it started with Batman, goes as far as Dick's generation, then stopped, because the filmmakers are really only interested in Batman, adding supporting characters when necessary, so they'll never reach Duke and Luke except as a supporting cast. Luke is a support for Batwoman now. They got to Tim now because it's a series, if it's movies they keep going back to the starting point with Batman.

So to win over crowd while also keeping tradition, they're racebending the older characters

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think having 3 Robins in 3 seasons on the show all be white guys probably doesn't look great in 2020. I'm just surprised it wasn't another redhead they swapped this time, lol.

Although this info seems a bit early. So who knows what direction they will go in ultimately.

I think having 3 Robins in 3 seasons on the show all be white guys probably doesn't look great in 2020. I'm just surprised it wasn't another redhead they swapped this time, lol.

Although this info seems a bit early. So who knows what direction they will go in ultimately.
    I guess Ryan Potter didn't inspire them enough to think an Asian Tim would work.

Tim is referred to as Robin in one of the Batgirl #50 stories this week, could be an editorial mistake though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-