Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I don't like Tim Drake new secret ID, I found it a bit too silly for him but well Red Robin also is the name of a restaurant so it could be worse, the fact I hate it's the way Bendis did it, without an explication neither a story, etc., Tim was Red Robin one issue and the next one was Drake... it was sooo poorly done. In fact, I think of a good reason for the name, like it's completely his, nobody can take it from him like what happened when Dick fired him. However, who thought brown was a good and fabulous color for a hero... That’s stupid, the design can improve but nothing can save the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Figures the first time I'd actually dig Tim's new look is in fanart lol

It looks really good here. Especially the bottom left panel.

This is a WAY better Batcostume for Damian than his 666 look.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Figures the first time I'd actually dig Tim's new look is in fanart lol

It looks really good here. Especially the bottom left panel.

This is a WAY better Batcostume for Damian than his 666 look.
    I agree. That's one nice look for Damian/Bat

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    I don't like Tim Drake new secret ID, I found it a bit too silly for him but well Red Robin also is the name of a restaurant so it could be worse, the fact I hate it's the way Bendis did it, without an explication neither a story, etc., Tim was Red Robin one issue and the next one was Drake... it was sooo poorly done. In fact, I think of a good reason for the name, like it's completely his, nobody can take it from him like what happened when Dick fired him. However, who thought brown was a good and fabulous color for a hero... That’s stupid, the design can improve but nothing can save the color.
    I don't find the brown all that bad, it keeps him stealthy as it should. Design needs some work though, a little too wild like his New-52 outfit in parts. Do agree about how the name change was handled, would have preferred a meaningful story behind it.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of the New 52 and post-New 52 costumes have struggled to make Tim’s suit both convey a progression out of Robin while still maintaining a quick and simple design. His Teen Titans outfit was basically an overly complicated variation of Nightwing’s winged disco suit, his ‘Tec suit was just the Robin suit with an extra R, and his Drake costume is also an overcomplicated design that’s not reallynthat memorable.

Honestly, I still think his first Red Robin suit Pre-Flashpoint is still the best RedRobin suit, especially once Marcus To streamlined it a bit. It’s not as overly complicated as a lot of his succeeding costumes, but still quickly communicates that he’s not Robin anymore.

And yeah, the much debated cowl is the main cause of that. I still like it, though I like the touches in its cartoon appearance to have his hair coming out the back even more. I mean, let’s face it, if you wanted to make silhouettes of the Robins for a carton to keep them separate, Tim would probably have the cowl, Jason would have his helmet, Damian would probably have a collar and hood, while only Dick would maintain the standard bland domino mask.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Amazing Member

Tim's Drake suit looks better in fanart, the black instead of grey is a good addition.

It was explained. He met his Earth-3 counterpart who was already using Drake as his codename. He decided to copy him and Earth-3 Stephanie Brown made him a new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    A lot of the New 52 and post-New 52 costumes have struggled to make Tim’s suit both convey a progression out of Robin while still maintaining a quick and simple design. His Teen Titans outfit was basically an overly complicated variation of Nightwing’s winged disco suit, his ‘Tec suit was just the Robin suit with an extra R, and his Drake costume is also an overcomplicated design that’s not reallynthat memorable.
    Yeah, seemed odd that the Rebirth suit was an update of his classic one. I don't have a problem with the double R, but he was RED Robin, so why is part of his costume green? Should've based it on his One Year Later look.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2020 at 04:36 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

When do you guys think we'll see what book is going to feature tim and stephanie in the bat line? Seems like all the books are wrapping up with joker war.. Maybe during 5G? Either that or that plot's gotta be dropped right?

Joker War tie-in, probably. Could be a one-shot or mini, could be they show up in Detective Comics? They'll appear somewhere. Of course, Tim will probably be back in his Rebirth Red Robin suit.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    When do you guys think we'll see what book is going to feature tim and stephanie in the bat line? Seems like all the books are wrapping up with joker war.. Maybe during 5G? Either that or that plot's gotta be dropped right?
    I don't believe we'll see that in 5G and the Joker war could be the best chance we'll get in a while but honestly I don't think their relationship will be important, batfam is still at odds with Bruce due to Alfred's death and I prefer Tim, Dick, Damian and Bruce dealing with the fallout of that in joker war.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm hoping it's a Robins book.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I don't believe we'll see that in 5G and the Joker war could be the best chance we'll get in a while but honestly I don't think their relationship will be important, batfam is still at odds with Bruce due to Alfred's death and I prefer Tim, Dick, Damian and Bruce dealing with the fallout of that in joker war.
    Nobody said anything about the relationship. Anything with Tim and Steph as the main characters will count as a bat book. Joker War involvement is quite likely. We know that Joker's targeting all of the Robins.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nobody said anything about the relationship. Anything with Tim and Steph as the main characters will count as a bat book. Joker War involvement is quite likely. We know that Joker's targeting all of the Robins.
    A joker war one shot makes sense, id imagine something big must happen in whatever they appear in if it required Bendis not to give Tim and steph bigger roles in young justice..

Yeah, I wonder what's going to happen in the next YJ issue. Spoiler's only just been added to the book, so will she end up being there to take Tim back to Gotham?

Ya, very disappointed in this, he will always be Robin to me