Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I did see a statement , I think from Tynion, yesterday that Tim will play a significant role in the Batman books in the next year.

So at least Tim will still be around.
    I don't think Tynion has mentioned that in any interview.

In fact, in Tynion's recent interview, he said Batfamily members won't have a sgnificant role in Batman comic (the exception is Barbara/Oracle). He will focus on the new characters introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't think Tynion has mentioned that in any interview.

In fact, in Tynion's recent interview, he said Batfamily members won't have a sgnificant role in Batman comic (the exception is Barbara/Oracle). He will focus on the new characters introduced.
    Ya, definitely not Tynion. It was an interview with Ben that I assume they're referring to perhaps?

https://www.cbr.com/interview-ben-ab...-future-state/

Sounds like there are plans for all core characters. Most I assume won't be solos, but a book where they will make their monthly appearances.

Astonishing Member

I was thinking that DC maybe put Tim on another Batman anthology comic (and the Batgirls too). That way they reduce the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Ya, definitely not Tynion. It was an interview with Ben that I assume they're referring to perhaps?

https://www.cbr.com/interview-ben-ab...-future-state/

Sounds like there are plans for all core characters. Most I assume won't be solos, but a book where they will make their monthly appearances.
    Thank you very much.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Mmmmmh it seems they don't have plans for Tim. Just for useless Future State story.
    I strongly suspect that Tim's generation will be penalized again with this relaunch. Sadly, Bendis' failure with Young Justice didn't help.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Mmmmmh it seems they don't have plans for Tim. Just for useless Future State story.
    I strongly suspect that Tim's generation will be penalized again with this relaunch. Sadly, Bendis' failure with Young Justice didn't help.

It’s weird tbh. I know someone from the Bat team said Tim wasn’t forgotten and Conner is going to be in the Suicide Squad. Bart was in the cover of the Flash March solicits so hopefully that means something.

Idk I feel like it’s a wait and see kinda situation.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Taylor did say via tweet a few days ago that he’d try to have Tim appear in Nightwing. So there’s that too.

Yeah. Tim's not even the worst off - Cassie looks like being replaced, and as for Superboy, something bad just happened in Action Comics.
    spoilers:
    His powers could fail at any time due to him being a half-human clone.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think it's unrealistic for Tim fans to be expect him to get a title. Come on. Tim!? If DC is slashing the number of on goings it has then frankly expecting Tim to get a solo is madness.

YJ was heavily promoted and pushed and yet it bombed. Tim is the least popular of the GK boys [there's more complaints about it not being Damian than there's excitement for Tim on all Gotham Knights feeds]
    If Babs only managed a regular supporting spot in batman and nightwing then no way is Tim getting a solo.

Tim's best bet is more bat anthologies or maybe he might pop up in TT's Academy.

Tim's generation has had more chances than others so I'm hoping that Yara's TV show takes off and Andy is a smash hit

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Taylor did say via tweet a few days ago that he’d try to have Tim appear in Nightwing. So there’s that too.
    What are we talking? Injustice or DCeased?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What are we talking? Injustice or DCeased?
    None.

Tom Taylor was asked in twitter if Dick and Tim will interact in Nightwing. Tom answered that he likes Tim and he will try to get him in Nightwing.

However, Tom likely means a guest appearance for Tim in Nightwing (one or two issues). Not a supporting character like Barbara.

I agree that the best bet for Tim is another anthology (where they could put the Batgirls too).

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Tim is Robin while Damian who belongs to this generation is missing from Future State. How exactly is Tim's generation being penalised? Where's wallace?
    Where's Donna's TV show? Just because we have a new wonder girl doesn't mean that they are being penalized. I think some fans have an inflated sense of entitlement

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Tim is Robin while Damian who belongs to this generation is missing from Future State. How exactly is Tim's generation being penalised? Where's wallace?
    Where's Donna's TV show? Just because we have a new wonder girl doesn't mean that they are being penalized. I think some fans have an inflated sense of entitlement
    Williamson has plans for Damian (and DC still calls him as Robin). In March, he has back-ups in Batman and Detective Comics, while there seems to be plans for the future (maybe even a solo).

Instead, Tim could be Robin, but he is still pretty relegated. He doesn't even appear in Infinity Frontier cover (and he seems pretty relegated in Infinity Misteries cover).

Extraordinary Member

We just don’t know Damian identity in the future. He is fine. Tim however seems to be holding on to the Robin mantle into his 30s
    It’s pretty evident in the last 10 years there is no demand for tim. If not for being the favorite Robin of Bendis Tim would probably still be in limbo. I’ve been on this site for a few years now and he seems to generate the least discussion

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Williamson has plans for Damian (and DC still calls him as Robin). In March, he has back-ups in Batman and Detective Comics, while there seems to be plans for the future (maybe even a solo).

Instead, Tim could be Robin, but he is still pretty relegated. He doesn't even appear in Infinity Frontier cover (and he seems pretty relegated in Infinity Misteries cover).
    I should have said they tried to take Robin from Damian and give it to Tim. Still Damian is excluded from FS. I don't think anyone gen is being penalised since the creation of Yara, TimfoxBats, etc doesn't target Tim's gen specifically like the other poster was implying

Incredible Member

I should have said they tried to take Robin from Damian and give it to Tim. Still Damian is excluded from FS. I don't think anyone gen is being penalised since the creation of Yara, TimfoxBats, etc doesn't target Tim's gen specifically like the other poster was implying
    Yeah I feel like every significant character in every gen is gonna be involved in DC somehow. I think DC might try it in good faith. I know I def didn’t expect for SB to be in SS or Huntress to be in a Batman book.