Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm gonna take it she's supposed to be 18-19 if Tim was supposed to be 16-17. Any older and it will be an uncomfortable relationship.

Now, in a timeline where everything happened, Tim is now college-age while she began working. So until it's confirmed otherwise, to justify her young age while working as a surgeon I'm gonna assume she's a prodigy like the rest of the Fox family and became a surgeon early.

Although Tim's with Steph now. That might be why it doesn't matter to Tynion that Tam's older.

Well, a more obscure supporting cast usually suffer from more adjusted changes. She's a teenager and a vegetable in New 52 because of a Batwing villain attack but she's fine now.
    As far as I recall pre-New 52 Tam, she was finishing her degree in the U? So I guess she was a few years older than Tim.

Incredible Member

How about naming Tim, Red Raptor

If Tim needs an archnemesis they could use Beware the Batman's take on Anarky.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If Tim needs an archnemesis they could use Beware the Batman's take on Anarky.
    Anarky needs a comeback. I liked him in that show but not his look, it was too clean and put together. He should have something like his Arkham Origins look. Scrappy, thrown together, very protest like meets Anonymous.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Anarky needs a comeback. I liked him in that show but not his look, it was too clean and put together. He should have something like his Arkham Origins look. Scrappy, thrown together, very protest like meets Anonymous.
    Agreed. I always dug Anarky and he would be a great foil for Tim.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wouldn't mind him being renamed to Redwing...it is a name DC has used in the past (see Team Titans). I dont think Drake is terrible, but the costume needs serious help. Possibly switching the brown for green or teal would be a massive improvement.
    I think DRAKE is terrible, especially since he didnt even tell his friends at YJ his real name and was wearing a mask all the time.

He told them that his name is ALVIN DRAPIER.

I still DONT UNDERSTAND the problems with NEW52 Red Robin or the COWL Red Robin Costume.

Huh? You mean in the original YJ? Because by the end, they did know his real secret identity, and therefore, they do in the current series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was going for the "Moriarity" feel the show had but i see your point. Since their are two Anarkys (Lonnie and Ullysess Armstrong) maybe Ullysess could get the show's design and just change what the "A" means.

Like its stands for Apathy or Apothesis etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I think DRAKE is terrible, especially since he didnt even tell his friends at YJ his real name and was wearing a mask all the time.

He told them that his name is ALVIN DRAPIER.

I still DONT UNDERSTAND the problems with NEW52 Red Robin or the COWL Red Robin Costume.
    The Red Robin costume with the cowl is fine. He just needed a new name as "Red Robin" reminded people of the food chain. I'm surprised his friends never used the obvious gag-

"Redwing" is simplistic but I like it as a replacement. The look is fine but some people thought it was Dr. Midnite. I see it but its not an issue.

With the New 52 look, it reminded people of the old anime Gatchaman and others thought it looked too "90's". The "90s" picked up a reputation of having overtly busy or convoluted designs because people were inspired by Liefield's time on X-men. Brett Booth's artstyle didn't help it- personally I'm not a fan.

Extraordinary Member

I think the “street revolutionary” idea definitely fits Lonnie Machin, and I think he should be an *antagonist* for Tim some of the times...

But I actually think it would be better if Tim, Ulysses and Lonnie were in a kind of “The Good, The Bad, and the Revolutionary” scenario: Tim as the heroic protector of the system, Armstrong as the villainous exploiter/manipulator of the system, and Lonnie as someone who is also heroic... but wants the system destroyed.

And I think the General really does have potential as a specific nemesis to Tim, but I think leaning more into his fascist undertones is a better idea for him - have him be a guy who freely manipulates white supremacists and right wing militia guys to do his bidding while, or who seeks to co-opt the flaws in the justice and political system for his advantage.

...I’ve also thought a good way to redesign the General’s aesthetic might be to give him something like a combination samurai mask/gas mask, and make his costume a chaotic mix of military and “strongman” costuming - ostentatious military cords (aiguillette), a Sam Brown belt, a tall peaked cap, and a swagger stick. Really run with the kind of terror an immature but violent military enthusiast could have going for him.

And I’d maybe have it established that Armstrong *did* act as Anarchy for a while, but that it was all a false flag operation.

The Red Robin costume with the cowl is fine. He just needed a new name as "Red Robin" reminded people of the food chain. I'm surprised his friends never used the obvious gag-

"Redwing" is simplistic but I like it as a replacement. The look is fine but some people thought it was Dr. Midnite. I see it but its not an issue.

With the New 52 look, it reminded people of the old anime Gatchaman and others thought it looked too "90's". The "90s" picked up a reputation of having overtly busy or convoluted designs because people were inspired by Liefield's time on X-men. Brett Booth's artstyle didn't help it- personally I'm not a fan.
    I’m kind of with The Batman Universe: Robin - Everyone Loves The Drake podcast guys... I don’t think anyone was actually having any issue with the Red Robin name and the restaurant. I mean, the restaurant chain isn’t quite that ubiquitous, and it’s very much a superhero name in construction. I didn’t really see much complaint on this or other boards when he had his solo.

I *am* 100% on board with the cowl look being fine, and I tend to find myself agreeing that the New 52 look being too busy and 90’s style... but with the added caveat that I think the costume was kind of done in by a conundrum: when you remove the cowl, the base suit of the Pre-Flashpoint look is just a Robin “re-skin”, and thus the belts and punches/plates become more “important” to the New 52 redesign’s uniqueness as the main way to declare Tim’s graduation.

Booth and other removed a couple of belts from the design as the New 52 went on, but I think it would have been even more “de-cluttered” if the cowl had remained, as it did in one of Booth’s preliminary drawings. The cowl changes the aesthetic in one clear and simple manner, and modifies the silhouette sufficiently to make it clear he’s not Robin anymore. I mean, Batman Unlimited kept the cowl and removed most of the belts in exchange for a more red suit - and I’d say that was still a better design than the New 52 one.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

I may be unimpressed with Drake...but I like it better than Red Robin.

I wan Tim to have his own identity - something distinctly his.

No Red Robin...or Redwing for that matter. (The latter sounds too much like Nightwing & Red Hood.)

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I may be unimpressed with Drake...but I like it better than Red Robin.

I wan Tim to have his own identity - something distinctly his.

No Red Robin...or Redwing for that matter. (The latter sounds too much like Nightwing & Red Hood.)
    I'd still be down for Red X.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I'd still be down for Red X.
    Great name! Great look! DC dropped the ball (yet again) by not incorporating Red X in the comics.

I not in favor of Tim becoming Red anything. Jay got there first. Sorry.

(I also not in favor of Time becoming Bat or Night anything.)
    Last edited by scary harpy; 07-15-2020 at 12:12 PM.

I was fond of Rook.

I was fond of Rook.
    I like that one too. he could still keep his classic logo with that one.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

I was fond of Rook.
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I like that one too. he could still keep his classic logo with that one.
    I think there's already a Rook...and she's an older villainess.