Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No he isn't. The Robin 80th anniversary comic retconned his age in Detective Comics Rebirth to be closer to 20 than the originally stated 16. I'd say he's at least 18 now, and Jon is 17.
    No it didn't that's just your subjective interpretation which doesn't = canon or correct. Tim's last stated age is 16 until we get any other factual evidence there they state his age then he's 16./

Tim saying he's not even 20 doesn't mean anything other than he's not yet 20 he's 16
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-07-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Hello Tim fans! While Tim is not typically my fav Robin, I did have question for you guys - any opinions on a name for him post-Robin?

Obviously we've had Red Robin & Drake. Both kinda meh.

Then there's the rumors that he was supposed to become Blue Beetle (IIRC this was the 1990s, so pre-Jaime). That's better, but I'm kinda thinking it would be cool if he had a green color scheme (that way we have Dick = Blue, Jason = Red, Tim = new color). Plus it would mesh well whenever he's out with Spoiler.

Now I googled green birds and the only one that sounded halfway decent is the Greenfinch. I'd probably rank this close to Blue Beetle in terms of my preference.

The only other real ideas I had was maybe cribbing a Pulp Hero name (The Shadow, Doc Savage, etc) but none of them particularly scream Tim Drake.

Any ideas from the crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Hello Tim fans! While Tim is not typically my fav Robin, I did have question for you guys - any opinions on a name for him post-Robin?

Obviously we've had Red Robin & Drake. Both kinda meh.

Then there's the rumors that he was supposed to become Blue Beetle (IIRC this was the 1990s, so pre-Jaime). That's better, but I'm kinda thinking it would be cool if he had a green color scheme (that way we have Dick = Blue, Jason = Red, Tim = new color). Plus it would mesh well whenever he's out with Spoiler.

Now I googled green birds and the only one that sounded halfway decent is the Greenfinch. I'd probably rank this close to Blue Beetle in terms of my preference.

The only other real ideas I had was maybe cribbing a Pulp Hero name (The Shadow, Doc Savage, etc) but none of them particularly scream Tim Drake.

Any ideas from the crowd?
    Hmm... Cardinal? Osprey?... Flycatcher? Redwing?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Titmouse? Oxpecker? Hoary Puffleg?

Fantastic Member

Flycatcher is about the best option for a green-themed hero that isn't already taken. Cardinals are red, Redwings are brown, white and red (so would be a viable option in lieu of Drake with his current costume. Osprey is the name of a couple of villains and the other suggestions are a little silly IMO even by the usual super-people standards.

YMMV.

Drako, Money-Spider, 000R, Detective Drake, Knightbird

Mighty Member

FIRE Luke Fox and let Tim take the name BATWING..

I personally like the Idea that Tim wears a kind of prototype to the Batman Beyond suit and is independent like Nightwing.

Tim already became once Batman of the Future (Futures End) so it would make sense for him to wear a prototype of the Batman Beyond Suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    FIRE Luke Fox and let Tim take the name BATWING..

I personally like the Idea that Tim wears a kind of prototype to the Batman Beyond suit and is independent like Nightwing.

Tim already became once Batman of the Future (Futures End) so it would make sense for him to wear a prototype of the Batman Beyond Suit.
    Fire Tim Drake and let Jamie, Luke and Damian keep their mantles. What is it with Tim fans always calling for him to take over roles already filled by diverse characters?

Tim is 16 and became Robin at age 13 he isn't anywhere ready to be batman or batwing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Fire Tim Drake and let Jamie, Luke and Damian keep their mantles. What is it with Tim fans always calling for him to take over roles already filled by diverse characters?

Tim is 16 and became Robin at age 13 he isn't anywhere ready to be batman or batwing.
    Luke is new while Tim was introduced 1989 which means he is now around for more than 30 years.

Dick and Jason already gratuated from Robin to Nightwing and Red Hood while Tim needs to make that step, Tim is also the tech-genius of the Bat-Family and he is perfect for the role of Batwing.
    Last edited by Masterff; 09-08-2020 at 02:12 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

For me having new identity isn't only mean having new codename or costume. Like I don't really care if his new codename is not badass, after all to be honest Batman or Superman is not badass nor creative codename in my opinion (but really having your own surname as your codename when you want to hide your secret identity is just silly). And I also don't really mind about Drake costume. But I think, the problem of Drake identity is Tim as Drake lacks of motivation and uniqueness to differentiate it from Tim as Robin. Like Dick as Nightwing had different motivation, method, and operation than Dick as Robin, also clearly Robin Jason is so different than Red Hood Jason. I don't know how it works for Batgirls because unlike Babs, Steph and Cass have their own codename first before having Batgirl mantle, but still, Steph as Spoiler has different motivation, method, and operation than Steph as Batgirl or Robin, Oracle Babs is also different than Batgirl Babs. But Drake is just Red Robin Tim with new costume and codename, that's it. There's almost no difference between Drake on YJ with Red Robin on TT N52. So before we discuss about his new codename and costume, I think we have to discuss somethings first :

1. What is Tim's motivation for the change? And no, his future self told him that Drake is the most dangerous bird in the world is not a good motivation, nor just want to follow Nightwing and Red Hood step as fellow former Robin. The motivation has to be from Tim himself, not because of other's influences so Tim will not look like a pushover type of person.
    2. What is Tim's uniqueness and specific mission with his new identity that makes him different from his Robin days? Like Nightwing became pioneer for other teen heroes, Red Hood became antihero and willing to do what Batman won't do, Oracle focused on hacking jobs, Spoiler is to spoil his father's plan, something like that.

So, what's your opinion for the answer of those question? If Tim will change his identity, what prompts the change and what will be his new identity uniqueness?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-08-2020 at 02:32 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    For me having new identity isn't only mean having new codename or costume. Like I don't really care if his new codename is not badass, after all to be honest Batman or Superman is not badass nor creative codename in my opinion (but really having your own surname as your codename when you want to hide your secret identity is just silly). And I also don't really mind about Drake costume. But I think, the problem of Drake identity is Tim as Drake lacks of motivation and uniqueness to differentiate it from Tim as Robin. Like Dick as Nightwing had different motivation, method, and operation than Dick as Robin, also clearly Robin Jason is so different than Red Hood Jason. I don't know how it works for Batgirls because unlike Babs, Steph and Cass have their own codename first before having Batgirl mantle, but still, Steph as Spoiler has different motivation, method, and operation than Steph as Batgirl or Robin, Oracle Babs is also different than Batgirl Babs. But Drake is just Red Robin Tim with new costume and codename, that's it. There's almost no difference between Drake on YJ with Red Robin on TT N52. So before we discuss about his new codename and costume, I think we have to discuss somethings first :

1. What is Tim's motivation for the change? And no, his future self told him that Drake is the most dangerous bird in the world is not a good motivation, nor just want to follow Nightwing and Red Hood step as fellow former Robin. The motivation has to be from Tim himself, not because of other's influences so Tim will not look like a pushover type of person.
    2. What is Tim's uniqueness and specific mission with his new identity that makes him different from his Robin days? Like Nightwing became pioneer for other teen heroes, Red Hood became antihero and willing to do what Batman won't do, Oracle focused on hacking jobs, Spoiler is to spoil his father's plan, something like that.
    Ok some things to correct:

1.) a) It WASNT his future Self...
    If you read the comics, than you see that it was his alternate self from Earth 3...
    The future Tim uses Batman and Savior as Code-Names.
    b) In Pre-Flashpoint Tim grew out of the role as Robin and Damian became Robin.
    Nightwing didnt want him as his Robin, because Dick considered Tim as his equal.

2.) Tim and Dick here are similar, both are leaders of a team of young heroes.
    In Tims case its also that there is already another person (Damian) who claims the mantle for himself.
    If you look at the future Tim than you also see that Tim is also one who does things which Bruce wouldnt do.

Actually I really dont understand what you are talking about-we have seen the ToT Tim Drake Batman, the return of Tims Team and his memories, the "downfall" of Damian which can lead to Damian becoming the evil future Batman, Batwoman seemingly killing Clayface....

Actually its RIDICULOUSLY easy:
    Future Tim Drake gave Tim some spoilers about his future and if you look at what happened with Batwoman,Damian,Brother Eye,....you can say that he wants to prevent that and for that he must step away from Bruce and leading his own team etc.

Batwing would have been PERFECT for that:
    Its a kind of prototype for Batman Beyond, its a name which has nothing to do with his real name and the NEW52 Red Robin suit was already a high technique suit.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What is it with Tim fans always calling for him to take over roles already filled by diverse characters?
    One person opinion is not the one of all Tim fans.
    I don't want Tim to be replacement of Batwing or anyone else. There is yet Damian to be a replacement
    I wouldn't never changed Tim back to Robin, but as they did it, he should stay Robin forever. The Robin. Red Robin if you want.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Ok some things to correct:

1.) a) It WASNT his future Self...
    If you read the comics, than you see that it was his alternate self from Earth 3...
    The future Tim uses Batman and Savior as Code-Names.
    I said his future self because in the end future self will be alternate self, because DC will not give any of their characters default future. Same thing with Batman Savior can be considered his future alternate, since DC didn't use that as Tim's default future. Why I choose using future word, not alternate? Because Drake from Earth-3 is older than current Tim, so he can be considered his alternate future (ashamed to admit that, but honestly I am confused with the whole Earth-2, Earth-3 system).
    b) In Pre-Flashpoint Tim grew out of the role as Robin and Damian became Robin.
    Nightwing didnt want him as his Robin, because Dick considered Tim as his equal.
    Indeed, that's why i honestly didn't mind Red Robin identity, Red Robin captured his maturity from Robin role well. But, if we want him to have new identity, there must be something that differentiate him from Tim as Robin, AND Tim as Red Robin. New identity is not only about new costume and name, but also new self, new mission, new perspective that different from his past identity.

2.) Tim and Dick here are similar, both are leaders of a team of young heroes.
    In Tims case its also that there is already another person (Damian) who claims the mantle for himself.
    If you look at the future Tim than you also see that Tim is also one who does things which Bruce wouldnt do.
    This is exactly why I want Tim to have his own mission, his own uniqueness. I don't want Tim only follow Dick's path, or Jason's path (with future Batman Tim that willing to kill so he also does things which Bruce wouldn't do). Besides, all Robin's Batman futures do things which Bruce wouldn't do. Dickbats give us Batman who smiles and Robin who scowls . Batman666 give us Batman who sold his soul to devil to protect Gotham. I want DC to be creative enough to create plot that will belong to Tim alone, not hands-down from his predecessor.

Actually I really dont understand what you are talking about-we have seen the ToT Tim Drake Batman, the return of Tims Team and his memories, the "downfall" of Damian which can lead to Damian becoming the evil future Batman, Batwoman seemingly killing Clayface....
    Well, I also don't understand what do you mean on this paragraph, we talk about his new identity, not his future. Because I see many people here gave suggestion about new name and new costume, but didn't talk about WHY and HOW Tim change his identity.

Actually its RIDICULOUSLY easy:
    Future Tim Drake gave Tim some spoilers about his future and if you look at what happened with Batwoman,Damian,Brother Eye,....you can say that he wants to prevent that and for that he must step away from Bruce and leading his own team etc.

Batwing would have been PERFECT for that:
    Its a kind of prototype for Batman Beyond, its a name which has nothing to do with his real name and the NEW52 Red Robin suit was already a high technique suit.
    Good idea, but I disagree about using Batwing codename. As I said before, I want him to have uniqueness, not hands-down from other people. So instead using Batwing, how about using famous plane name? Like Pan, the rumored time-travel plane, since your theory also included time travel.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-08-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

In terms of motivation, I think post-Robin Tim is more of the detective. There’s Ra’s calling him that, of course. And also there was him searching for Bruce last time he died. And figuring out who Batman and Robin were in the first place.

Makes more sense than just a leader type, as that’s already Dick’s gig. Plus when it came to a vote YJ/TT chose Cassie over Tim for leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Good idea, but I disagree about using Batwing codename. As I said before, I want him to have uniqueness, not hands-down from other people. So instead using Batwing, how about using famous plane name? Like Pan, the rumored time-travel plane, since your theory also included time travel.
    Having Tim take the Batwing name is definitely a bad idea. Both Batwings are black, it would look like whitewashing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman